Ughhh....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMilk
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Ughhh....

Post by PurpleMilk »

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Ughhh....

Post by mosscarter »

this is what we want, let him keep embarrassing himself. the team has bottomed out we need a high pick for a qb.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Ponder shouldn't be let off the hook this early in the season. Only by crashing a burning will the powers that be in the Vikings organization realize just how large of a bust he is.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Eli wrote:Ponder shouldn't be let off the hook this early in the season. Only by crashing a burning will the powers that be in the Vikings organization realize just how large of a bust he is.
The best football experts/players/coaches say that 30+ starts for a QB is enough to tell whether he can do it or not. I think he's at like 32 or something.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

yezzir wrote: The best football experts/players/coaches say that 30+ starts for a QB is enough to tell whether he can do it or not. I think he's at like 32 or something.
Yeah, well, the Vikings don't have the best football experts in their organization. You need to hit Spielman over the head with a large hunk of meat before he realizes that the cow is dead.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

yezzir wrote: The best football experts/players/coaches say that 30+ starts for a QB is enough to tell whether he can do it or not. I think he's at like 32 or something.
30 is the magic number? I'd like to read about that. Do you have a link?

If he suits up, it will be Ponder's 30th start on Sunday.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

dead_poet wrote: 30 is the magic number? I'd like to read about that. Do you have a link?

Sorry I don't have a link. I've heard that theory a few times over the last couple years. Seems to make statistical sense. I'll do some digging and post anything I find.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

why in the world do you need a theory to see ponder straight up sucks as a qb? please enlighten me.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Eli wrote: Yeah, well, the Vikings don't have the best football experts in their organization. You need to hit Spielman over the head with a large hunk of meat before he realizes that the cow is dead.
That seems a waste of a good chunk of meat.
I vote for using the legbone~
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

mosscarter wrote:why in the world do you need a theory to see ponder straight up sucks as a qb? please enlighten me.

There are some QB's who during their 2nd/3rd year show crazy improvements even though they played shotty early. (Eli Manning).

Ponder makes the same incompetent mistakes now as he did his first handful of starts.
Last edited by yezzir on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Don't some of you guys get tired of hinging yourself to the quarterback situation of the Vikings? I feel like this board puts way too much energy in hating Ponder and nothing constructive comes from half these threads/conversations.

*waits for tired of losing post*
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

No, because the long term success of this team does indeed hinge on the ability of its QB.

This was a thread started to discuss who's going to be the starting QB this week in the light of a recent injury to the incumbent starter. I feel that if the starter can go, he should go. A minor injury shouldn't be used as an excuse to put in a QB who the coaching staff doesn't feel is as capable. And only by playing the best QB on the team will the geniuses running the team realize just how dire the situation is.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

And the thread "Ponder has rib injury. Does this open the door..." is what? Or "Is it Ponder or the O-line?"

A title that says "Ughhh...." doesn't suggest to you that someone is a upset that it appears Ponder will start on Sunday? I think it does. And if so, why not put in another thread? Seems like a little too hinged on the QB position. Nothing conversational about this post in my opinion. It can be lumped in with all the others.
Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Captain »

PacificNorseWest wrote:And the thread "Ponder has rib injury. Does this open the door..." is what? Or "Is it Ponder or the O-line?"

A title that says "Ughhh...." doesn't suggest to you that someone is a upset that it appears Ponder will start on Sunday? I think it does. And if so, why not put in another thread? Seems like a little too hinged on the QB position. Nothing conversational about this post in my opinion. It can be lumped in with all the others.
Its because he's an easy and clear target. god forbid someone point out other flaws in the team and they get labeled Ponder supporters.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

dead_poet wrote: 30 is the magic number? I'd like to read about that. Do you have a link?

That was the number Spielman brought up. Don't know where he pulled it from (although I might be able to guess)