0-3? No Problem...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 0-3? No Problem...

Post by Funkytown »

Well, I'm just asking because that stat is deceptive...quite frankly, it's wrong. Scoring team, yes; scoring offense, no.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Not sure where I saw the stat, but I'm almost sure it was NFLN and it did say "scoring offense." Just relaying previously noted information here.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Not sure where I saw the stat, but I'm almost sure it was NFLN and it did say "scoring offense." Just relaying previously noted information here.
I know. I checked out the stats myself, but I'm telling you they're wrong. They're giving credit to our offense for all 81 points scored. WRONG. Either that, or I'm losing it, but I doubt it. :)
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Melanie...I don't care. 27 points a game. That's all. :lol:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Melanie...I don't care. 27 points a game. That's all. :lol:
Just don't give the offense too much credit. They don't deserve it. ;) I'll tell NFL.com and ESPN the same. :)
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Just don't give the offense too much credit. They don't deserve it. ;) I'll tell NFL.com and ESPN the same. :)
hahahah, yeah. It's like taking away points from your DST in fantasy because the QB threw a pick 6! Technically they had 7 points scored against them but cmon!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Given the recent events it looks like the Vikings have chose option number three...Spark by QB change.

Let's get it!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

There is nothing about this team left or worth analyzing IMO, they just need to play games and get better in all 3 phases.

They're not as bad as some are suggesting....definitely not playing the 'worst'. They have made mistakes at critical moments in each game thus far.....but they are very young across the board. There is a real lack of onfield leadership at the moment.

More important than what they've done or haven't done is how they respond...from the coach on down.

The reality is that it's a team seeking to build itself through the draft. They have some cap issues regarding JA and AD that hinders their ability to bring in bona fide FAs at places of need....rather than cast offs.
Much of that will change going into next year as well as the reality of what this team's needs are being much much clearer to everyone.

It feels very much like a lame duck season at this point. But there is much to be learned from all of it if our GM is worth his salt.

As a fan, I'm going to be patient and not expect more than a better picture of who really fits on this team going forward....including coaches.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

As much of a spark as Cassel might be, it all starts with getting Felton back. I've seen it a lot with Vontae Leach, Tony Richardson, and other elite full backs. You get a taste of what it's like with them, so you want to run the power set I formations etc but once you lose that good fullback those same formations and plays you depended on just aren't as effective with a lead guy clogging holes instead of blowing them open.

Look for AD to go crazy and get back on track towards that 2500. That will help Cassel out and if he can take even a little more advantage of open guys and YAC it's not impossible to see this team get on a role. I think we're "better off" than most 0-3 teams, but we'll see.