Are We The Worst Coached Team In The League?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Are We The Worst Coached Team In The League?

Post by Mothman »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote: Have you seen Musgraves play card lately? My thought is teams only need to watch 1 tape of the Vikings and they already know the play card by memory. I am starting to believe so.
All the talk about the size of Musgrave's playcard is ridiculous. Nobody has any idea what's on the card, how he has the information organized, abbreviated, etc.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: All the talk about the size of Musgrave's playcard is ridiculous. Nobody has any idea what's on the card, how he has the information organized, abbreviated, etc.
Exactly. In college in some classes on tests we were allowed one 4x6 card for notes, and you'd be amazed at how much information you can pack on one of those with single-spaced 3-point Gil Sans MT Condensed font. :o
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

True. But the plays he actually uses could probably fit on an index card. But that's not the point. The point is he's predictable and uncreative, and I think you know that.

Mothman wrote: All the talk about the size of Musgrave's playcard is ridiculous. Nobody has any idea what's on the card, how he has the information organized, abbreviated, etc.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

I think "worst staff in the league" is open for all kinds of debate, however:

"Worst Staff in terms of simply being outmatched at the NFL level":
Tie: Vikings, Jags, Bucs
4th: Texans

"Worst Staff in terms of performance this year to date":
Above four plus Giants, Redskins, Falcons and Steelers.

Of course Coughlin and Tomlin (maybe Shanahan) get hall passes due to their success other years.

I do not think there is any question our staff is in the bottom four.