2013 Practice/Notes thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: 2013 Practice/Notes thread

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:The Vikings replaced DT Spencer Nealy with RB Bradley Randle on the practice squad. I'm a little surprised they haven't promoted Joe Banyard to the active roster. So they must expect Toby Gerhart to play this Sunday. Surely they wouldn't go into a game with Jerome Felton as their only healthy ball carrier.
They still have Matt Asiata so if neither Gerhart or peterson can go, Asiata and Felton would probably get the carries.
Any word yet on bringing back Harrison Smith?
They plan to play him on Sunday but he probably won't start and he may only see limited action.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Forgot about Asiata (which isn't hard to do).

I'm reading that the Vikings won't make a final decision on activating Harrison Smith until Friday.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:Forgot about Asiata (which isn't hard to do).

I'm reading that the Vikings won't make a final decision on activating Harrison Smith until Friday.
Maybe that's the case. I was basing my post on a report I had just heard on the radio but I can't find confirmation of it online, just reports that he's "expected' to be activated.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Webb saw 2 snaps on Sunday vs. Baltimore, allowed two QB hurries. Would have to fill-in in run-heavy formations should Ford, Ellison be out
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Is that Joe or J'Marcus Webb? I could see either Joe Webb playing TE or J'Marcus Webb lining up as a sixth lineman.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:Is that Joe or J'Marcus Webb? I could see either Joe Webb playing TE or J'Marcus Webb lining up as a sixth lineman.
J'Marcus.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sherels and Ellison will start in place of Rhodes and Carlson, per Frazier. #Vikings
Blanton has worked on outside CB due to injuries, per Frazier.
Peterson's gait was good, Frazier said. Able to plant, push off. "He looked far better than I anticipated." #Vikings
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Peterson's gait was good, Frazier said. Able to plant, push off. "He looked far better than I anticipated." #Vikings
The guy heals like Wolverine!
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Boy, if the offense can't keep up... this might be the ugliest game of the year coming up.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Really liked Banyard in preseason, not as a power back obviously but as the 3rd down pass catching back he was pretty solid.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

#Vikings waive RB Joe Banyard, re-sign OT Mike Remmers