Purple Punching Bag Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Purple Punching Bag Thread

Post by The Breeze »

OK I edited the title so it's not as misleading. But feel free to keep the recipies coming....a couple of them are downright scary~
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I have three major concerns at this point:

The obvious one is Ponder getting worse and not better. This question is the lynch pin of our playoff hopes. However, this topic has honestly been beaten to death and then some. Nothing new to add here…

#2 is the CB situation. Lots of big questions here. If Rhodes is as strong as advertised then we might be on our way to a Revis/Cromartie type situation where we have two guys who can shut down outside WR as Cook is excellent in coverage when healthy. That outcome is entirely possible. However, we have not seen Rhodes play a regular season snap in the NFL. Robinson showed “some” stuff last year, but not enough to say he is legit. What if Cook gets hurt? It is just as likely that this unit could blowup to the negative and then we could be in some serious trouble at CB. Quite simply, it is BAD news is Marcus Scherels is playing defensive snaps. (assuming he makes the team)

#3 is OL Health. The OL hasn’t shown that it can return to 2012 form and has had some serious miscues so far this pre-season. Now, I’ll give them the benefit of saying this is the time to make these mistakes and fix stuff. However, I think the Sunday game is as important for them as it is for CP. They need to get something going. Also, at this point what indication is there than the guard play will be better? They did get better as last season went on, but so far we haven’t seen anything to make us think they are going to be better this year. So far they are making us think they’ll be worse.

Have to give some props to Spielman: What positions were we freaked out about last year that we now never mention in the bad news threads? WR. We went from probably the worst group in the NFL to an up and comer in the NFL. Not bad Slick Rick, Not Bad.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Purple Punch Thread

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Crax wrote: Sounds interesting. I had to do some googling as I hadn't heard of it, but I haven't seen Malt Duck sold anywhere here. I guess they no longer make it either? http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happened ... _Malt_Duck

What would you substitute for it? I'm a bit wary of anything taking 151, but if you promise this is good.....
Your favorite Grape Soda will do. Tells you how long it has been since I made a batch. It was actually a bunch of us of course. You bring this, Ill bring that. Call it what you want but we called it "Purple Passion". Please drink responsibly.
Medium Cooler required
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Nope I'm correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

Anybody can buy normal cough syrup. It's the Rx cough syrup that makes the drink, a "drank".

Edit: P.S.A. -- very unhealthy.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: I wasn't being too specific though. Of course the prescription stuff is better. 8)
8)

As far as my "purple punching bag" during a game, I try to squeeze my lucky football 'till it pops. Still unsuccessful.

I also have been known to throw remotes against a soft couch, just so it doesn't break :lol:
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

yezzir wrote: 8)

As far as my "purple punching bag" during a game, I try to squeeze my lucky football 'till it pops. Still unsuccessful.

I also have been known to throw remotes against a soft couch, just so it doesn't break :lol:
I ripped one of my wife's favorite throw-pillows in half when we lost to Arizona back in 2003. She still reminds me of that incident.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-cardi ... f-playoffs
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

You just can't argue with stupid.....or maybe that's all you can do with it.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Breeze wrote:You just can't argue with stupid.....or maybe that's all you can do with it.
Sometimes you can just sit back and marvel at it. :)
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: Sometimes you can just sit back and marvel at it. :)

Or be thankful to not be trapped and owned by it 8)
Afterall,
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Or be thankful to not be trapped and owned by it 8)
Afterall,
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.
Now there's something you don't see too often: a William Blake quote on a message board. Well done!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Mothman wrote: Sometimes you can just sit back and marvel at it. :)
There ought to be a word or term for that~
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

Mothman wrote: Now there's something you don't see too often: a William Blake quote on a message board. Well done!
I recognized it from a Doors song hehe , lots of Jims lyrics were quotes and references to classic lit !
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Lash Man wrote:Now there's something you don't see too often: a William Blake quote on a message board. Well done!
I recognized it from a Doors song hehe , lots of Jims lyrics were quotes and references to classic lit ![/quote]

Yes, if I remember correctly, the band's name comes from a quote by Aldous Huxley about the "doors of perception".

Do you remember which Doors song contains the Blake quote?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Lash Man wrote: I recognized it from a Doors song hehe , lots of Jims lyrics were quotes and references to classic lit !
I can't think of any better lines to describe the discourse on this board lately!

Hadn't realized that Morrison appropriated these lines into his lyrics, though it doesn't surprise me. Heard some lesser known Doors tunes the other night and it reminded me of how much I like them, especially their songs that haven't been played to death.

The film director Jim Jarmusch also incorporated this poem into his psychotic indie flick "Dead Man" (starring Johnny Depp as "William Blake"). Great movie if you can roll with Jarmusch's unconventional (in some ways anti-Hollywood) tendencies.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
Yes, if I remember correctly, the band's name comes from a quote by Aldous Huxley about the "doors of perception".

Do you remember which Doors song contains the Blake quote?
That's right, JIm, Aldous Huxley was the source for the band's name. In turn, Huxley was referencing Blake:

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

― William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell