REF's ??????

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: REF's ??????

Post by S197 »

Clay Matthews posted Goodell's phone # on his Facebook. Things are going to get interesting quick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

S197 wrote:Clay Matthews posted Goodell's phone # on his Facebook. Things are going to get interesting quick.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nSHSaCQAAwj_g.jpg

People are saying it's a fake page and not really his.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
TreyDay
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by TreyDay »

Juice wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nSHSaCQAAwj_g.jpg

That's awesome!
TreyDay
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by TreyDay »

Juice wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nSHSaCQAAwj_g.jpg

I tried to call it but it rang busy
TreyDay
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by TreyDay »

Yup, it's a real #. A female recording comes on saying " Hello, you have reached the offices of the National Football League"
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

DarthBrooks wrote:Packers got hosed. It would have been the greatest thing ever if they had refused to return to the field.

They got a blind ref with a seeing-eye dog? I know they are desperate but that is just going too far.
yesmanfan
Backup

Post by yesmanfan »

me4get wrote: The ref has to go by the rulebook on that play and it says if both players are in possession it goes to the offense. The only review shown was from one side.
me4get wrote: But control doesn't happen until the players are on the ground. who had it in the air doesn't count.
you are confusing "possession" and "control". control can occur before touching the ground.
If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.
tate obviously did not have control of the ball at the same time as jennings. you could MAYBE argue they both had possession at the end of the play but that is irrelevant since jennings had control first. I would argue tate never had control or possession, but like i said its irrelevant since jennings obviously had control first.
yesmanfan
Backup

Post by yesmanfan »

S197 wrote:Clay Matthews posted Goodell's phone # on his Facebook. Things are going to get interesting quick.

i called and left 5 messages, 3 on goodell's line, and 2 more by using dial by name directory and spelling johnson. plan on spamming them bad tomorrow when they open.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

The point yesterday was that players are calling out the replacements, not the people who hired these cats who are not pro NFL refs. As much as I hate the Pack, they got ripped.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

saint33 wrote:Image
:rofl:

Thanks for posting that!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Idk if this will work or not... but this is funny as hell...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Image

Idk if this will work or not... but this is funny as hell...

Dang. Oh well, Hunter posted it in another thread.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Eli wrote: Tirico even just said it on MNF. Where the **** are the owners in all of this? They're the ones ultimately responsible for this garbage.
I don't disagree with you in that. The owners are the ones who can make this madness end.

But you don't order your boss around. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, the owners need to get this done. This isn't billionaires vs. millionaires. It's billionaires vs. aFewThousandAires. Pay the refs their damn money and get 'em back on the field.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.
Adam Schefter on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly