Any way to watch games over the Internet?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikeFan-MeatMan wrote:When at the site, do you just click on the link when the game is being played or is there another step to get the games streaming. Do you have to download anything?

I'm just trying to be ready, because I just moved and I need my Vikes!
It looks like the site uses a variety of P2P softwares. So you probably need to download multiple softwares, SOPcast, TVUplayer etc.

This url the guy provides: http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/ looks to be a good start. There's a beginners guide there which looks to be a good start. I haven't had a chance to get very deep into it yet.
Lynch
Practice Squad

Post by Lynch »

S197 wrote: It looks like the site uses a variety of P2P softwares. So you probably need to download multiple softwares, SOPcast, TVUplayer etc.

This url the guy provides: http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/ looks to be a good start. There's a beginners guide there which looks to be a good start. I haven't had a chance to get very deep into it yet.
I tried what they said on the beginners guide but it didn´t work
I couldn´t download the podcasts webplayer and couldn´t install the other thing htat you suppose to download to make the connection work
"Ja, jag vill leva! Jag vill dö i Norden!"
Canadian Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Canadian Viking »

Lynch wrote:Is the yahoo thing free?
otherwise does anyone find any free option that works?
The Yahoo system is not free, but it is pretty good. I used it last year. I'll be getting it again this year unless one of the free options turns up real-time games.
Lynch
Practice Squad

Post by Lynch »

Canadian Viking wrote: The Yahoo system is not free, but it is pretty good. I used it last year. I'll be getting it again this year unless one of the free options turns up real-time games.
That´s a shame, I would want to watch free.

can not anyone put games on the internet avaible for download?

I´m in Sweden so it doesn´t matter if I see it a day later or so because I wouldn´t know the match result before I decide to see it anyway.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Lynch wrote: That´s a shame, I would want to watch free.

can not anyone put games on the internet avaible for download?

I´m in Sweden so it doesn´t matter if I see it a day later or so because I wouldn´t know the match result before I decide to see it anyway.
Free is great... we pay a few thousand dollars for season tickets, I would want those free but they won't give them away.

The game video is the property of the NFL and the broadcaster, I wouldn't suggest anyone putting up a site making those available for free download.
Lynch
Practice Squad

Post by Lynch »

If I lived in the US then of course would pay, but heere in sweden they don´t broadcast NFL games or football at all. So the only way is the yahoo gamepass or a free option, that I prefer cuz I´m 17 and can´t pay such thing by myself
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Week1 Preseason is up on the guys blog. Seems most will be streamed on SopCast. I installed and got it up and running today, works fairly well, especially for free.

If you're having trouble with the "buffering" stage, there's a program you can downloan (for Windows XP) which changes your connections from 10 to 50. This solved the problem for me.
Lynch
Practice Squad

Post by Lynch »

I looked at that guys blog
it didn´t work for me really but I clicked on the sopcast links maybe to early when the game haven´t started yet.
But sopcast doesn´t have those channels that the games will be shown at.

Anyway have anyone made that work?
Skoobs78
Veteran

Post by Skoobs78 »

Yeah you guys think you have it bad, I live in Wisconsin for school and I have to watch Packer games and miss Vikings games most of the time. Last year was the first year I really missed a lot of games and it was the worst season of my life.
yayanjl
Practice Squad

Post by yayanjl »

Skoobs78 wrote:Yeah you guys think you have it bad, I live in Wisconsin for school and I have to watch Packer games and miss Vikings games most of the time. Last year was the first year I really missed a lot of games and it was the worst season of my life.
Haha I live in WI too. Superior. We get Vikings and Packer games.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Anyway have anyone made that work?
Yes, I watched the Hall of Fame game via the SopCast link the guy provided. Worked perfectly after I downloaded the other program to allow 50 connections.

If it's not working at all for you, it could be a firewall issue or perhaps something else. Are you running Vista? I was running it on XP.
yayanjl
Practice Squad

Post by yayanjl »

I got it to work.

Download SopCast
http://www.sopcast.com/
Click on the latest version
Install the file
Open SopCast up
Login
Click on this link
http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/
Chose the game you want
Click on the code

Some chanels dont open up until minutes be4 the game starts.
WichitaKSViking
Starter

Post by WichitaKSViking »

Oh yea baby worked great for me... Qulity on full screen is not the best, but who can complain when its free... :)
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

How does this go with the NFL?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Well, let me tell you how this goes with the NFL....

*walks John into the next room, clubs him over the head and drags him into the closet*

Seriously, I have no idea.