2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2019 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by Texas Vike »

9man wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:27 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:58 pm Not entirely sure what to read into this, but Diggs Tweeted, simply: "Jeremiah 29:11" ("For I know the plans I have for you...")

Which has led to folks speculating that he is dissatisfied/ wants a trade. Not everyone is happy with the new run-oriented offense, it seems. Chemistry can be tough.

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/ ... 2758740994
That’s all speculation. He could just be tweeting his bible study verse? :confused:

Seriously I think he has a real chance at making some plays against the bears.
So it was just speculation :lol:

One need not be a detective to piece together his discontent long before this loss to the Bears, which made things flare up even more. Diggs is disgruntled and I'm not surprised. He's given us plenty of indications of a slight lack of control of his emotions. He's excessively competitive, which can be awesome, but if a guy lacks a good handle on the reins, the horse of passion does its bidding. I love Diggs, but he's got some maturing to do.

PHP: I enjoyed reading your write up of meeting the team's players in the hotel in Buffalo. One thing that stood out was that, if I understood correctly, the only player that had body guards keeping the public away was Diggs. Is that right?

If we don't win this weekend, watch out, especially if the offense continues to struggle and Diggs keeps getting open without getting the ball thrown to him. Buckle up, skoldiers, bumpy ride ahead. :v): :stab:
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:35 am
9man wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:27 pm

That’s all speculation. He could just be tweeting his bible study verse? :confused:

Seriously I think he has a real chance at making some plays against the bears.
So it was just speculation :lol:

One need not be a detective to piece together his discontent long before this loss to the Bears, which made things flare up even more. Diggs is disgruntled and I'm not surprised. He's given us plenty of indications of a slight lack of control of his emotions. He's excessively competitive, which can be awesome, but if a guy lacks a good handle on the reins, the horse of passion does its bidding. I love Diggs, but he's got some maturing to do.

PHP: I enjoyed reading your write up of meeting the team's players in the hotel in Buffalo. One thing that stood out was that, if I understood correctly, the only player that had body guards keeping the public away was Diggs. Is that right?

If we don't win this weekend, watch out, especially if the offense continues to struggle and Diggs keeps getting open without getting the ball thrown to him. Buckle up, skoldiers, bumpy ride ahead. :v): :stab:
Yeah, I was being facetious with that comment. Of course he is dissatisfied with this new offense. His talents are being wasted. But do you think the front office will actually trade him? Then replace him with whom? They have no receiver on this roster that could fill in. Unless the trade included a receiver of that caliber, and that scenario seems unlikely.

I think the best outcome would be that Diggs and Thielen both have 100 yards and a TD against the Giants this week and everything settles down a bit. :smilevike:
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Vikings have released Marcus Sherels.

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/sta ... ta-vikings

Looks like Hughes will take over returns. I don't see an corresponding move, but I'm guessing it will be promoting Dillon from the PS.

Edit: I meant Dillon Mitchell, but it could also be Davion Davis. Basically one of the WRs :)

Highly doubt there is a trade in the works, because the cap space is very tiny,
Damian
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Dames wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:18 pm Vikings have released Marcus Sherels.

Looks like Hughes will take over returns. I don't see an corresponding move, but I'm guessing it will be promoting Dillon from the PS.

Edit: I meant Dillon Mitchell, but it could also be Davion Davis. Basically one of the WRs :)

Boooooooooooo.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Cliff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:03 am

Boooooooooooo.
:lol: Yes, it's kinda sad in a nostalgic way. But, you know, probably a necessary move. Davion Davis was promoted, FYI.

Damian
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Robby Anderson, anyone?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

cmoss84 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:05 pm

Robby Anderson, anyone?
I wouldn't mind having another deep threat. Although, I think Doctson fits that bill too if he is able to come back. But, Anderson would be a fantastic WR3. Not sure on his contract situation, nor how he would feel going from WR1 to a WR3. Vikings have almost literally no cap, so it would take some work-arounds. I don't see it happening realistically.
Damian
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Come on man....

Some of these guys just don't think. Jayron Kearse arrested this morning.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/10/2 ... t-a-permit
Damian