Draft Day thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Draft Day thread

Post by psjordan »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm To me, this looked like a desperation move on the part of KAM. Booth was the last of the "top-tier" CBs on the board and the Vikings just watched as two of their divisional rivals snatched up two of the better WR prospects in this draft. They panicked a bit as the CB pool after Booth gets very shallow very quick.

As I always do when the Vikings make a pick like this, I hope I am wrong.
Not sure I'd characterize it that way. We could've taken Booth earlier if there was "panic". Starting to get the impression there is an actual plan to what they are doing. I could be wrong.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:04 pm Most of the analysts considered him a first round pick. Get excited about this pick. Trust that the Vikings did their homework.
I did admit I don't know much about him, but, KAM has not earned my trust yet.

What I do know about Booth suggests he is not anything special and will not have a notable impact on the Vikings. Yes, there were pre-draft analysts who loved him, but he didn't go in the 1st round and I think there is a good reason for that.

To me, this looked like a desperation move on the part of KAM. Booth was the last of the "top-tier" CBs on the board and the Vikings just watched as two of their divisional rivals snatched up two of the better WR prospects in this draft. They panicked a bit as the CB pool after Booth gets very shallow very quick.

I wouldn't put all your eggs in the walterfootball anlysis
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:04 pm Most of the analysts considered him a first round pick. Get excited about this pick. Trust that the Vikings did their homework.

What I do know about Booth suggests he is not anything special and will not have a notable impact on the Vikings. Yes, there were pre-draft analysts who loved him, but he didn't go in the 1st round and I think there is a good reason for that.

To me, this looked like a desperation move on the part of KAM. Booth was the last of the "top-tier" CBs on the board and the Vikings just watched as two of their divisional rivals snatched up two of the better WR prospects in this draft. They panicked a bit as the CB pool after Booth gets very shallow very quick.

It wasn't a panic move. It was the move we had planned the whole time and the right move assuming he gets healthy he was a steal. Some mocks had us taking him at 12.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

psjordan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:26 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm To me, this looked like a desperation move on the part of KAM. Booth was the last of the "top-tier" CBs on the board and the Vikings just watched as two of their divisional rivals snatched up two of the better WR prospects in this draft. They panicked a bit as the CB pool after Booth gets very shallow very quick.

Not sure I'd characterize it that way. We could've taken Booth earlier if there was "panic". Starting to get the impression there is an actual plan to what they are doing. I could be wrong.
It was obviously planned.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 pm

I don't think I did. I just used that to summarize things I'd also seen from other analysts who covered Booth on Youtube.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:35 pm

I don't think I did. I just used that to summarize things I'd also seen from other analysts who covered Booth on Youtube.
Fair enough. Booth may have weaknesses in coverage (I don't know that much about him), but I suspect the Vikings are looking for a type of player to fit a downhill scheme. I'm in favor of that. Worst thing about Zimmer for me was how reactive and relatively soft our defenses always were under him. In today's NFL, I want the defense to attack and then have the speed and range to close and tackle. Hopefully that's what the Vikings picks so far suggest they are trying to build.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pickens gone. OUCH!!!!!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

VikingLord wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:35 pm

Consensus on Booth is he was a great value for us. If his health doesn't return we wasted a pick. If it does we got an easy first round talent in the mid second.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cameron Jurgens also gone. Ouch again.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:40 pm Pickens gone. OUCH!!!!!!
No spoilers.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

That DT from UCONN still on the board? Wonder what's up with that.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:46 pm
No spoilers.
I'm sharing them as their announced on the draft show I'm watching. However, I'll wait a few minutes.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:46 pm
No spoilers.
Sorry, didn't realize we had paused the draft for a minute! haha.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Receivers dropping like Flies.
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

I usually receive my college football player and draft info from this site so thanks for another year. :rock:
Needed some videos of the new Vikings:
Lewis Cine:

Andrew Booth

:welcome :govikes: