2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by jackal »

Jones could play either DT or DE imo
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
James
Rookie

Post by James »

beerfan wrote:Datone Jones is supposedly coming in for a visit. Not sure where he would fit on our team. Wouldnt he be more of a DE in a 4-3? Any opinions on him?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Pretty much. An OLB in a 3-4 defense is a defensive end or 3 technique DT in a 4-3 defense.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

He could play a lot of different spots. Vikings might look to have him fill greenways spot
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Vikings "exploring" CB Ladarius Webb. Guessing this is just CB depth but he can play safety as well

Also, vikings interested in Nickell Roby Coleman. Would love this signing if it happens. He's the best nickel CB on the market by a long shot. Similar size to Munnerlyn
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Patterson signs with raiders.
kyvikingsfan
Waterboy

Post by kyvikingsfan »

vatusay wrote:Patterson signs with raiders.

I'm done with Spielman. How do you go from being talked about as Super Bowl Favorites to just letting all your players walk. Patterson wasn't the best receiver we ever had, but at least he was something, and he was lethal on Returns. I just don't understand the logic behind all this. I'm pissed man I really thought we had a good chance to make a run in the playoffs but with all these crappy moves I see another 8-8 year. I hope I'm wrong but god have we done some stupid stuff this off season. Let Captain go and then we are trying to replace him with a 5'8 slot corner aka Josh Robinson version 2?
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

if we have success on offense this year a lot of it will depend on treadwell. with that said, i don't think we'll be a much better offense. we will sign and draft a running back, but it has been our total lack of a downfield passing game that has debilitated this team the past several seasons. you can point the fingers wherever, bridgewater, turner (both hold a lot of blame) but now we have a qb who can effectively get it down the field. our relative lack of the ability to do so was concerning last year, but people wanted to say give it time because turner left halfway through the season. if big things don't start happening offensively its time to really take a hard look at everyone involved. in a passing league you simply cannot compete effectively with such a pathetic offense.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

vatusay wrote:Patterson signs with raiders.
Although disappointed, if the price was too high.
i was a big fan of his, although he never really realised his potential for us.
I will get my Spielman pitchfork out though if it turns out he was cheap for the Raiders.
His upside is too high to let go cheap.

All being said, i hope he goes off for the Raiders. Thanks for your help Flash!
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

UKno1VIKING wrote: Although disappointed, if the price was too high.
i was a big fan of his, although he never really realised his potential for us.
I will get my Spielman pitchfork out though if it turns out he was cheap for the Raiders.
His upside is too high to let go cheap.

All being said, i hope he goes off for the Raiders. Thanks for your help Flash!

Exactly my sentiment also, my pitchfork is on hold till I see the deal.
JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

There was no interest from the Vikings to bring him back from what I can tell...

It looks like he has managed to get himself a two year deal voidable by the raiders after one, that was the best he could get...doesn't seem that any of the league's GMs think much of him does it!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Have we re-signed anyone worth a damn yet? Wtf are we saving all of this money for?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

JDLon wrote:There was no interest from the Vikings to bring him back from what I can tell...

It looks like he has managed to get himself a two year deal voidable by the raiders after one, that was the best he could get...doesn't seem that any of the league's GMs think much of him does it!
If this is the case i'd be livid. He offered so much on ST and glimpses of what he can do with the ball on offence. If we passed because someone overpaid for his talent alone, i could understand that. but if we've let him go and his contract with Oakland is worth nothing, then i will no longer defend Slick when others are calling for his head. That's just not good business.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

We overpaid for him on Draft Day.
This GM ????
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

UKno1VIKING wrote: If this is the case i'd be livid. He offered so much on ST and glimpses of what he can do with the ball on offence. If we passed because someone overpaid for his talent alone, i could understand that. but if we've let him go and his contract with Oakland is worth nothing, then i will no longer defend Slick when others are calling for his head. That's just not good business.
I agree.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Not real happy about this although I have not seen the specifics in regards to the contract. It appears that STs has become painfully average.