Packers/Bears

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Re: This bears @ GB game...

Post by Laserman »

yeah, I thought the bears were supposed to be good this year???
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Packers/Bears

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Bears completely gave up when down by 35, but they should be ashamed of themselves. There was no effort at all. The Rogers to Jordy connection is as good as I've ever seen I think.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I just saw a graphic on TV ... the Packers only have 5 players on their roster who have EVER played for another team.

That might be your best reason. These guys draft and develop really, really well. Sickens me, too.
Well, when Rodgers was out last year all those players the Packers drafted and developed became the worst team in the league. Rodgers makes their front office look good.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Hopefully, the Bores play like that next week.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mmvikes wrote:Hopefully, the Bores play like that next week.
I hope so. There's talk that Trestman has lost the team. If they've quit on him, that could be good news for the Vikes next week. I get the feeling we're either going to see a convincing Vikings win or a Bears team that shows a sense of pride they've been missing lately and gives the Vikings all they can handle.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mmvikes wrote: Well, when Rodgers was out last year all those players the Packers drafted and developed became the worst team in the league. Rodgers makes their front office look good.
Hardly.

They were 2-4-1 without him. Not good, but not the worst in the league.

I hate the Packers, too. Especially Aaron Rodgers. But facts are facts, and you now see the Vikings attempting to model them by building through the draft.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FYI:
@evansilva -- QB stats vs #Bears D last 3 weeks: 77-of-102 (75.5%) for 972 yards (9.53 YPA), 13 TDs, 0 INTs. Tannehill lit them up, too. Bridgewater next.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

mmvikes wrote: Well, when Rodgers was out last year all those players the Packers drafted and developed became the worst team in the league. Rodgers makes their front office look good.

Eh, I wouldn't say that, 2-2-1 with Matt Flynn as the QB is quite a feat indeed. Cant remember who they tried to plug in their before him.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: This bears @ GB game...

Post by Purpnation »

Orion wrote:Are there Bears really this bad? Do we actually have a good chance to win in Chicago for the first time since 2007? Especially if Peterson plays? We did play the Packers better in GB and that was with Ponder at the helm. I'm starting to feel good about our chances next Sunday.

Yea we can beat those losers, hopefully such a humiliating loss has them mailing it in, rather then getting fired up.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

This was a bad week for the Vikings. I think we lost a half game on every team in front of us for a playoff spot :(

Of course its unlikely it will matter, but it would stink to put together an incredible string of games down the stretch and miss out on the playoffs by 1 win.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:This was a bad week for the Vikings. I think we lost a half game on every team in front of us for a playoff spot :(

Of course its unlikely it will matter, but it would stink to put together an incredible string of games down the stretch and miss out on the playoffs by 1 win.
Vikings and heartbreak? Those two things don't often happen to this team or its fans.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:FYI:
OMFG!!!

In true Viking fashion, I bet the Bears figure things out and stop the Vikings offense cold. You know it will happen.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

dead_poet wrote: Vikings and heartbreak? Those two things don't often happen to this team or its fans.
no kidding, what would be the chances? :burp:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I don't want to make the playoffs really this year...

I wouldn't mind screwing Green Bay and Da bears chances up though :thumbsup:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

jackal wrote:I don't want to make the playoffs really this year...
Why? :?: