Your prized Vikings posessions.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Your prized Vikings posessions.

Post by jackal »

296 game ticket stub
2 local papers front pages I got at airport about 296 game
Randall McDaniel VIP Tent (Gold Coin) I got at Farve 2009 Game Vs. Packers Monday Night Game
Pictures of Minnesota Trips
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

I picked up a signed mini helmet by the purple people eaters while visiting Minnesota on a vacation.

I also have an Adrian Peterson autographed jersey.

For my birthday my daughter bought me a plaque with 8 football cards of some of the vikings greatest players.

Less cool are two framed photos one of the purple people eaters and one of Fran Tarkenton. And a Viking Monopoly game.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

I guess mine is a football that I had signed from Mo Williams and about 5 more of the lesser known Vikings from about 1999 the names faded or are barely legible now so its not collectable accept as a keep sake for my kids " now grown " I was on the field for the Randy Moss debut against Tampa with the Vikings fan club we had a reunion and meet up and toured the facility and I met Billick , Green , McCombs and many many others but didn't get many autographs " not my thing but I would make an exception for a Fran signed jersey or Foreman :rock:
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Milkman14
Waterboy

Post by Milkman14 »

Mothman wrote:My prized Vikings possession is a Vikings helmet signed by the Purple People Eaters: Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen and Jim Marshall. I found it in a sports shop in southern Indiana, of all places!
Reminds me of my prized posession. Back when I was a teenager my mother was out shopping for Christmas and happened to go to the Walmart in Dickinson ND. The Purple People Eaters were there signing autographs so that Christmas I recieved a football signed by all four! and the certification to go with it. My mother had no idea that there was anything going on at that Walmart and it was by total luck that she happened to shop there that day.
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

A Vikings horned hat (the purple helmet with the horns and braids) my grandpa gave me it to me the day I was born. I wore it in the hospital and have been a Vikings fan since
Randy moss toddler jersey. I'm young but it was my first jersey
Autographs: Joey browner, mick tingelhoff and a viking I can remember but he is old and wore #69 and it seems like his name might be Dally?
Adrian Peterson rookie card that I got the day they were released. Hoping to get it autographed so I can make bank
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Ha! I misunderstood the thread title. I was thinking my most prized Vikings possession was probably our final drive in the '09 NFCCG xD. After that 14 yard run by Chester Taylor that put us in FG range with a minute to go, a feeling washed over me that I had never felt before, it tasted like Super Bowl. It's the closest I've ever felt to a Vikings Super Bowl since '98. I can still remember my heart pounding and getting all light headed. We're going to the f***ing Super Bowl! Oh wait, that possession didn't end well did it?

But I guess you meant those other kinds of "possessions" xD. I dumped all my Vikings stuff back in '03 after we lost to the Cardinals. Not in a "I'm done with the Vikings" sorta way, but in a "I thought I was the reason they were cursed" sort of way lol. That's totally normal right? I think all that I have left is the ticket stub from my first game back in '87.

No wait, I think I still have an autographed photo of Todd Scott somewhere. We remember him don't we? He had a pick 6 in the 4th quarter vs Jim Harbaugh and the Bears back in '92. We were trailing 20-0 at the time. His pick sparked a memorable comeback, and 21-20 win. I just remember Ditka chewing out Harbaugh for calling an audible that led to the pick lol.

I also had a football autographed by Tommy Kramer once upon a time. He was at a Shinders near our house and the neighbor was taking his kids up there so we tagged along. My brother happened to be wearing a Giants jersey at the time. Kramer ribbed him a little bit. Long story short, a few months later we ended up playing catch with the ball and the autograph got ruined. Stupid kids. In our defense, I think it was the only ball we had to play catch with at the time.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Tark10
Starter

Post by Tark10 »

Easily. My four Viking Super Bowl Champ beer mugs.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I don't have much, I guess the most prized would be a couple years of signed Pro Bowl programs. Years ago my dad's company used to sponsor the Pro Bowl so after the game we were able to go to a dinner they hosted for the players. I got autographs from guys like Browner, Doleman, etc.

Other than that I have an authentic (unsigned) helmet my wife gave me a couple years back and my brother bought me a Bridgewater jersey for my birthday.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I have a purple and yellow Nerf football with a couple of chunks missing from the neighbors' dog and the stickers half missing. Says "V KI G" on it.

Did you know that Fred Cox invented the Nerf football?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

808vikingsfan wrote:Not much of a collector. I guess my prized possession (poor man's) would be a Vikings horn I made in the 7th grade. Couple of 1/2" clear acrylic sheets glued together, tinted purple, sanded and polished. Sits nicely on my desk. My other would be an old hula bowl bobble head doll that I painted the Vikings uni and helmet over when I was in the 5th grade. Used wire for a more modern facemask. Hard part was finding the right purple at the craft store.
Hold on to those, they might be worth a fortune some day lol :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Tark10 wrote:Easily. My four Viking Super Bowl Champ beer mugs.
Jeesh, where did you aquire those?
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

I've pretty much gotten rid of all the jerseys mugs and hats (which I don't where anyways) but I do keep my windbreaker signed by Tinglelhoff. If Zimmer can turn the direction of the team into winners, I may break down and buy something again.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Fran the Man's signed rookie card :)

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

My autographed TJack Picture...... :wallbang: :lol:
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mercy Percy wrote:My autographed TJack Picture...... :wallbang: :lol:
That's good but the next time you see him get another picture with him posing with his Super Bowl ring :shock: :lol: