#DomeFuneral roll call

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: #DomeFuneral roll call

Post by HornedMessiah »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Hopefully, the game day atmosphere will still be lively the next couple of years at TFC!
I can't wait for this. A taste of how it was in the old days. If the team plays well, it'll be a good ol' time. If the team sucks and it's also 10 below zero with a 5-10 mph breeze, I'm not so sure.

So what's the word on alcohol at TCF for the next two seasons? Did they come to some agreement so they can at least serve beer?
tnvikesfan
Starter

Post by tnvikesfan »

We moved to TN in '91 and have never had a chance to see a game in the Dome. Never been in it or near it, the only times I've seen it is on TV. I won't miss it, but I have to wait for the Vikes to come somewhere close to us for me to go.

Even so, it's awfully expensive to go to a game, so we couldn't do it often.

Y'all have a BLAST at the last game!!
~Ginny~

A woman is only vulnerable while her nails are wet. Even then, she can pull the trigger if she needs to.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Lash Man wrote:I went to four games at the Metro dome and drove from Ohio all 4 my first I saw Warren Moon beat Marino my second was the Moss first game against the Bucs then I saw a exhibition game against the Brownies " we lost" and last but not least the 2010 Playoff Game against the Cowboys my worst team from my childhood !
I was quite young, but I too was at the Dolphins game. Think we surrendered a 28-0 lead to win 31-28?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I went to many games here but the best modern memory I have was us beating 49ers in Week 3 last year. I did not expect to win and we played hell of a game vs the NFC Champs.

Lots of early-mid 90's memories with Jake Reed and Cris Carter
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I never understood why people hated the Dome so much. I guess I compare it to sitting outside in MN all winter and I had no complaints therefore. I loved how loud we could make it in there! More bathrooms would be nice. But I fear that in the end a new building will just mean more skyboxes for the 1%ers and seats so expensive that I can't afford to go......I hope not.....
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

chicagopurple wrote:I never understood why people hated the Dome so much. I guess I compare it to sitting outside in MN all winter and I had no complaints therefore. I loved how loud we could make it in there! More bathrooms would be nice. But I fear that in the end a new building will just mean more skyboxes for the 1%ers and seats so expensive that I can't afford to go......I hope not.....
The place is/was a dump, plain and simple.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

try watching games at Soldier Field.....freezing cold, no bathrooms, Tailgating not allowed, NO Cheerleaders, and #### football (oh wait, you already know what that looks like...)
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

thatguy wrote: The place is/was a dump, plain and simple.
Sexiest dump I've ever seen!
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

HornedMessiah wrote: I can't wait for this. A taste of how it was in the old days. If the team plays well, it'll be a good ol' time. If the team sucks and it's also 10 below zero with a 5-10 mph breeze, I'm not so sure.

So what's the word on alcohol at TCF for the next two seasons? Did they come to some agreement so they can at least serve beer?
Yes they did, I don't think you would get many fans out if you can't get concessions. That game they played there in 2011 was very drab, just go sit and watch the game, nothing else going on. I felt like i was watching a prison football game. I am a beer drinker, but I think a late in the year game I will require some hot chocolate.
This space available for rent.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

I saw a preseason game against the chiefs there a long while back. It was my first and only time in the dome (I live in Missouri) I sat next to someone who complained about the Vikings all game long. One thing that bugged me was the PA. It was as if they took the dumbest intern and put him in charge of getting the crowd excited.
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

Obviously not Vikings related but this is about the dome so.......It was 1987 when the place was rockin for the final game of the world series. I remember that during the game it was sooooo loud you could hardly hear the person sitting next to you. The homer hankies were waving high and the atmosphere was electric. After the last pitch was thrown and we won the world series I got down onto the field and the fans were all hugging each other and singing "we are the champions" That was probably the best sports related experience of my life. I also witnesses the final game in 91 when Morris pitched that incredible game but 87 was IMO better because it was the 1st championship.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

HornedMessiah wrote: Mondy night game, I was there as well. Favre shredded the Packers' defense. By far the most fun I had at the dome.

Good riddance, though. The place is a dump and everyone knows it.
Wow, really wish I would have been able to get to that one.

But hey, at least I got to attend both Packers games in 2010! :rofl: :rofl: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

was at the first pre-season Twins game there - saw Pete Rose play - had horrible seats, upper deck outfield, could have turned around to scratch Bob Lurtsema's nose on the TCF ad part of the scoreboard - players looked like ants from that far away - first impression of the place was "now I see how it came in under budget" (cheap plastic seats and cracks in the concrete from day one)
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Despite being built for football, the best memories involve the Twins. Saw so many late inning comebacks and the place would erupt every time. They're not even the same team anymore outside, target field is like attending a wake.

Best Viking game was probably was when we beat the 49ers last year, or the packers. But nothing will ever come close to the 87 & 91 World Series.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

joe h wrote:Despite being built for football, the best memories involve the Twins. Saw so many late inning comebacks and the place would erupt every time. They're not even the same team anymore outside, target field is like attending a wake.
:lol: