Draft Day Discussion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Draft Day Discussion

Post by Cliff »

Just making a place to talk about whatever happens today. Doesn't matter what team, if you find it interesting talk about it here. Try to keep predictions, theoretical deals, etc. to the threads that already exist for that stuff. This is more about stuff actually happening today including the draft itself.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Draft Day Discussion

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Sounds great. I have been dreading this draft like a prisoner on death row awaiting his execution. I'm now allowing my positive side to come out and predict we get McCarthy in a trade up from 11 to 8 and I'd be just fine with that.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Latest draft significant news for the Vikings is a report that the Giants are pushing hard for pick 3 to draft Maye and the Rams are trying to trade into the top 10 to not take a QB.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Less than an hour away right? No news is good news. The longer it takes for the first trade to happen the better for our Vikings. Oops it was 2 hours away.
Last edited by VikingsVictorious on Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

PFF's Final mock:

11. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: QB J.J. MCCARTHY, MICHIGAN
After all that talk of the Vikings giving up the kingdom for a quarterback, they pick an ideal player to develop here at No. 11.

30. *TRADE* MINNESOTA VIKINGS: DI BRADEN FISKE, FLORIDA STATE
Fiske has taken a lot of top-30 visits this cycle, and the Vikings were one of his stops. If they can trade back to the later part of Round 1 or the early part of Round 2, I think they’d be in on him giving them a pass-rush presence in the middle.

QBs go 1, 2 3. Penix goes 13 to the Raiders. Nix goes undrafted in the first.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-trevor-s ... mock-draft
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

I have been detached from this draft quite a bit, especially on a macro level. Beyond watching a lot of CFB like normal, living in a CFB town, etc. Work life has been more demanding than normal recent months. Haven't looked at many mocks. Only listened to handful of podcasts. So..on board for the ride tonight. Looking forward to see what the team does with the two firsts. Obviously need is QB and it's the best position we've been in for one in recent years. Of course the whole world knows it too. My biggest curiosity is stand pat, see who is there at #11, or the trade up. My only hope, is that if we move up, we don't give up future assets (mainly another 1st) if it's someone who is 2nd or 3rd on their QB board.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Pelissero: Patriots expected to stay at No. 3 overall pick, draft QB Drake Maye. If this is correct I see it as great news for the Vikings. Word is that the Giants are interested in Maye only so McCarthy could slide.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:08 pm Pelissero: Patriots expected to stay at No. 3 overall pick, draft QB Drake Maye. If this is correct I see it as great news for the Vikings. Word is that the Giants are interested in Maye only so McCarthy could slide.
I am fine with that. I'm not enthralled with the idea of trading up and giving up 3 possible firsts to move up to say, 5. I'd rather stay at 11 and drift Pennix and a cornerback/DE at 23 and be fine with that. Hopefully, Kwesi doesn't get cute and trades out of the first round :nono:
Last edited by Angels Wings on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I'm almost holding my breath until Pick 3 is made hopefully by the Patriots.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 pm I'm almost holding my breath until Pick 3 is made hopefully by the Patriots.
NE pick is in, looks like you can breathe.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Cliff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:31 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 pm I'm almost holding my breath until Pick 3 is made hopefully by the Patriots.
NE pick is in, looks like you can breathe.
Yep they take Maye. Most excellent news. Now stay strong Kwesi. Don't trade up until at least pick 8. Call the bluffs.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

So this is a potential trade spot, right, at #5? For multiple teams.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

makila wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 pm So this is a potential trade spot, right, at #5? For multiple teams.
Yep, spot most likely mocked for the trade I've seen.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

makila wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 pm So this is a potential trade spot, right, at #5? For multiple teams.
Yep. I hope nothing happens.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

No trade.