Bears at Vikings MNF

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bears at Vikings MNF

Post by chicagopurple »

Being a Cub fan AND Vikes fan my whole life (60)...I can assure you, you wont die when we will a SuperBowl......I had always told my family that if the Cubbies ever won a World Series I would run a lap around the neighborhood in my boxers screaming.....well, they didnt let me live that one down....my neighbors are scarred for life......lol. But seriously, the ONLY reason that the Cubbies finally pulled it off was because NEW ownership took over and they hired a GM that had built a winner and won a World Series previously. The WIlfs have proven themselves inept and we never get a top tier GM. Things need to change at the top, we need to have dominant front lines and nothing will change till then.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

The bottom line is that we lost our starting quarterback and we don’t have anyone left who can play at that level. It makes more sense to ride this out and not make any costly desperation signings. As someone who has watched the Vikings since 1961 I’m all for the “win a Super Bowl before I die” narrative. Unfortunately karma doesn’t owe me anything and here we are again riding out a rough roller coaster season.

It’s not going to be this year and they’re not worth losing my sh*t after every loss and throwing things at the tv. I gave up on that many years ago.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

ehh I never felt we were on track for a super bowl this year. We were still working with a pure pocket passer and NO pocket due to over a decade of neglecting the OL and whiffing when we did draft for the OL. The secondary had obvious weakness that werent addressed either. I DID feel that we had improved on defense with Flores's scheme but after the last few weeks he seems to have been revealed as a guy who crumbles under pressure at the end and plays loser ball (prevent style) defense. Very disappointing. Major changes are needed on this team starting at the very top.