Kirk Cousins Achillies

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Kirk Cousins Achillies

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:11 pm
JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:04 pm

Poor boy did I hurt ur feelings? Do you like it when I say millions and not trillions? Anything else for you Karen?
Dude how old are you? Maybe post something with some sort of credibility and maybe people would actually listen. Child
Like your post? Dont agree with you so all you do is throw hate around. As ive said before, grow up.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:08 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:11 pm

Dude how old are you? Maybe post something with some sort of credibility and maybe people would actually listen. Child
Like your post? Dont agree with you so all you do is throw hate around. As ive said before, grow up.
I didn’t even have a post in this thread so there was nothing to agree or disagree with. The post I addressed was this:
Poor boy did I hurt ur feelings? Do you like it when I say millions and not trillions? Anything else for you Karen?
You tell ME to grow up when this is what you posted towards another member. It’s one of the most childish posts you could make in all honesty
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Alright, that's enough. I don't like how JJBR handled it but he didn't say anything about anybody here to start this. His comment that sparked this was all directed at the team even if nobody agrees with it he's free to an opinion. Calling his comment "Verbal diarrhea" was the first shot fired at somebody from what I can tell.

Anyway, the best way to let a comment you disagree with that much die is to not comment on it. You just keep bringing it back to the front of the queue by quoting someone.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:30 pm Feel so bad for the guy. Honestly, his last two games were MVP level. Finally starting to get some respect. Now this.

Our season was really looking up. Not so much now.
Not sure on the season implications yet. It doesn't look good, but look at what happened with the 49ers last year when Purdy came in. Yeah, Hall doesn't look like Purdy but I'm not giving up on them. Adversity can do surprising things.

As for Kirk, I also feel bad for him. When they showed the replay and his leg moved the way it did I was almost sure that was an achilles rupture, which at his age is going to be a tough injury to come back from. He had played so well in the prior game against the 49ers and was playing well against the Packers and looked like he was on pace for a special season. I truly wish him well and I hope he has a full recovery. I doubt he'll play again for the Vikings but I hope he is not done playing. He's a real warrior who despite his shortcomings has always had my respect.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:42 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:30 pm Feel so bad for the guy. Honestly, his last two games were MVP level. Finally starting to get some respect. Now this.

Our season was really looking up. Not so much now.
Not sure on the season implications yet. It doesn't look good, but look at what happened with the 49ers last year when Purdy came in. Yeah, Hall doesn't look like Purdy but I'm not giving up on them. Adversity can do surprising things.

As for Kirk, I also feel bad for him. When they showed the replay and his leg moved the way it did I was almost sure that was an achilles rupture, which at his age is going to be a tough injury to come back from. He had played so well in the prior game against the 49ers and was playing well against the Packers and looked like he was on pace for a special season. I truly wish him well and I hope he has a full recovery. I doubt he'll play again for the Vikings but I hope he is not done playing. He's a real warrior who despite his shortcomings has always had my respect.
With the WRs on this team (when Jefferson comes back) I'm hoping he can help the team win like Purdy. If he can't make it work with these receivers he can't make it work. As far as "looking" like him ... as a draft prospect he looks better than him.

I feel bad for Kirk too. It was really coming together for him and for the team. With getting back to .500 and the defense stepping up it really felt like they might turn it around and even surprise us in the playoffs.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Ya, the timing is so bad for Kirk. There wasnt a fan wo could find fault with his past two games, and it looked like he was just getting started.

Hall looks better than Mond ever did. Would be nice if the Vikings had some good luck for a change, and he works out, to continue whats been happening the past few games.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

With the talent we got with receivers, we mostly need a good game manager. Can Hall be that guy?
Only time will tell....
Not the first time we have lost a QB. Let’s see how KOC deals with this.

Best wishes for Kirk!!

Is anybody getting traded?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I’ve said all along, this offense is set up fairly well for any QB (outside of a viable RB) although I think they need to continue to feed Akers.

But again, this isn’t your typical first round pick being drafted by a terrible team with no talent and being hung out to dry. Hall is surrounded by a good OL, a stud TE and good WRs that will be great when JJ is back. If the defense keeps performing which I see happening, I think Hall will be fine.

For whoever said, “Hall didn’t look like Purdy”….I’m not sure how anyone can even make that observation. We saw Hall take 11 snaps in a game that was not planned around his skill set and we were mainly looking to kill clock.

In terms of “looking like Purdy”…. Purdy’s first game action last year was against KC, mid game just like Hall. He went 4 for 9 for 66 yards, 1 int and a 30.1 passer rating.

What Hall looked like against GB on 11 plays is so far irrelevant it’s not even funny. It is useless information. Let this guy get a week of practice under his belt, have the scheme altered to his strengths and let’s see what he can do. Then over the next few weeks, we’ll really see if he looked like purdy or not.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:24 pm I’ve said all along, this offense is set up fairly well for any QB (outside of a viable RB) although I think they need to continue to feed Akers.

But again, this isn’t your typical first round pick being drafted by a terrible team with no talent and being hung out to dry. Hall is surrounded by a good OL, a stud TE and good WRs that will be great when JJ is back. If the defense keeps performing which I see happening, I think Hall will be fine.

For whoever said, “Hall didn’t look like Purdy”….I’m not sure how anyone can even make that observation. We saw Hall take 11 snaps in a game that was not planned around his skill set and we were mainly looking to kill clock.

In terms of “looking like Purdy”…. Purdy’s first game action last year was against KC, mid game just like Hall. He went 4 for 9 for 66 yards, 1 int and a 30.1 passer rating.

What Hall looked like against GB on 11 plays is so far irrelevant it’s not even funny. It is useless information. Let this guy get a week of practice under his belt, have the scheme altered to his strengths and let’s see what he can do. Then over the next few weeks, we’ll really see if he looked like purdy or not.
Let’s hope! I think his scrambling ability will add a nice wrinkle to this offence. A lot is up in the air, let’s see what this kid can do with a full week and game plan.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Time to get the running game going. Bench Mattison, roll with Chandler and Akers (especially Chandler). Maybe Mattison can find some snaps late in the game on toss plays when the defense is tired, otherwise he's a bubble NFL player, and wouldn't make the team for most NFL squads.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

Halloween morning, Jalen Hurts is a Viking.