CB Joejuan Williams Signed

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

CB Joejuan Williams Signed

Post by CharVike »

At the NFL Scouting Combine, he ran a slow 40 time of 4.68 seconds. I thought we wanted to get faster. Perhaps his playing speed is better than his track speed. 2nd round pick by Bellicheck. He is a tall guy which never hurts. Zim would have moved him to saftey like Bynum.
StanM
Veteran

Re: CB Joejuan Williams Signed

Post by StanM »

CharVike wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:48 am At the NFL Scouting Combine, he ran a slow 40 time of 4.68 seconds. I thought we wanted to get faster. Perhaps his playing speed is better than his track speed. 2nd round pick by Bellicheck. He is a tall guy which never hurts. Zim would have moved him to saftey like Bynum.
It’s that time of the year where they are gathering some of the 90 or however many bodies they’ll need at camp. I’m not familiar with this corner but it sounds like one of those “competition in the corners room” depth signings who may find a role. Players in that category are going to be coming and going for a few months. I hope we find a few diamonds in the rough.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

StanM wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:34 am
CharVike wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:48 am At the NFL Scouting Combine, he ran a slow 40 time of 4.68 seconds. I thought we wanted to get faster. Perhaps his playing speed is better than his track speed. 2nd round pick by Bellicheck. He is a tall guy which never hurts. Zim would have moved him to saftey like Bynum.
It’s that time of the year where they are gathering some of the 90 or however many bodies they’ll need at camp. I’m not familiar with this corner but it sounds like one of those “competition in the corners room” depth signings who may find a role. Players in that category are going to be coming and going for a few months. I hope we find a few diamonds in the rough.
That's actually a really good take StanM. This is easily a diamond in the rough type of signing. At 6'4" he creates the length KAM covets but can he realistically play at that height and speed? We will find out. He may become more of a hybrid type in Flores' scheme, if he makes the roster. Cannot ever have enough quality CBs in the room. He wasn't a star by any means, but he was on the Patriots roster for 4 years !!! Could be a great depth signing.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:04 am
StanM wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:34 am

That's actually a really good take StanM. This is easily a diamond in the rough type of signing. At 6'4" he creates the length KAM covets but can he realistically play at that height and speed? We will find out. He may become more of a hybrid type in Flores' scheme, if he makes the roster. Cannot ever have enough quality CBs in the room. He wasn't a star by any means, but he was on the Patriots roster for 4 years !!! Could be a great depth signing.
This is the way I roll, instead of ranting about how a depth signing is a bum and they should have signed so and so for ten million. Competition and depth along with developing potential while getting younger and faster is the ultimate goal. He isn’t a blazing fast corner but he’s doing something right. No sense getting too deep into these types of signings when he may not even be here in September.