Cowboys @ Vikings post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings post game

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:30 pm I had a feeling the Cowboys defense would set the tone in this game. Darrisaw needs to take his time coming back. The defense wasn't good at tackling today and gave up too many easy completions.
Speaking of tackling ... what was up with Eric Kendricks today?

A week after being the Vikings lowest-rated defender per PFF against the Bills, Kendricks looked like he couldn't bring down a tackling dummy out there. He wasn't just missing tackles. He was whiffing. EK has been a great Viking, but his time is running short. At $1.9 million in dead cap next season vs. a cap hit of $11 million, he's as good as gone. Brian Asamoah should have been in there once the game was out of hand.

Totally agreed on Darrisaw. We're going to need him down the stretch and come playoff time.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:55 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:30 pm I had a feeling the Cowboys defense would set the tone in this game. Darrisaw needs to take his time coming back. The defense wasn't good at tackling today and gave up too many easy completions.

A week after being the Vikings lowest-rated defender per PFF against the Bills, Kendricks looked like he couldn't bring down a tackling dummy out there. He wasn't just missing tackles. He was whiffing. EK has been a great Viking, but his time is running short. At $1.9 million in dead cap next season vs. a cap hit of $11 million, he's as good as gone. Brian Asamoah should have been in there once the game was out of hand.

Totally agreed on Darrisaw. We're going to need him down the stretch and come playoff time.
Worst game Ive seen Kendricks play, and Ive seen every Vikings game on game day for over 30 years. I wish it was just Kendricks, it was all of the LBs. Makes you wonder just how bad they can be before Asom plays. Not loving this years draft at all. Booth got beat soundly.
DeanE153
Waterboy

Post by DeanE153 »

Unfortunately this game is a perfect example of why Vikings fans and people in the media just don't trust this team even though they came into the game 8-1. They always have one of these types of games in them. The bigger concern is how soon they can get some of the hurt players back, as what they have to back them up is a very steep drop off.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

JJBreaksRecords wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:28 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:55 pm

Worst game Ive seen Kendricks play, and Ive seen every Vikings game on game day for over 30 years. I wish it was just Kendricks, it was all of the LBs. Makes you wonder just how bad they can be before Asom plays. Not loving this years draft at all. Booth got beat soundly.
Booth is a 3rd stringer who was forced into action. He's not ready and if he can't turn it around next year then just cut him. We didn't put any pressure on Dak. They won the LOS battle. It always starts up front. Yes the draft looks to be crap right now. Another trade down for nothing. That's why I hate that move and lost all interest once that stupid move was made. Move up for a stud. That helps every player.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

My main takeaway is this lingering question: how does our OL go from being so solid in Buffalo that Von Miller praised their play, to ..... this?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:19 am My main takeaway is this lingering question: how does our OL go from being so solid in Buffalo that Von Miller praised their play, to ..... this?
Our OL got off to a bad start with the quick sack fumble but then we marched down the field. Unfortunately we only got a FG and that seemed to set our team back. After that drive our OL had trouble. Maybe it was adjustments. Our backup LT struggled but he was trying to block one of the best pass rushers in the game. Not a good match up for us. I think they will regroup and have a better scheme to help that backup.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Worst home loss in Vikings history

Thursday against the Patriots will tell a lot.

Are we real or very lucky
against mediocre NFL teams.

I am hoping it was a fired up cowboys team. Rebounding from a bad loss to the packers, and a flat Vikings, coming offa emotional high over theBills"

Thursday willtell a lot.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Foreman44 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:01 am Worst home loss in Vikings history

Thursday against the Patriots will tell a lot.

Are we real or very lucky
against mediocre NFL teams.

I am hoping it was a fired up cowboys team. Rebounding from a bad loss to the packers, and a flat Vikings, coming offa emotional high over theBills"

Thursday willtell a lot.
Not only Vikings have the worst home loss in history, Vikings gave Cowboys their biggest road win in history, it is just sad
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Injuries on both sides of the lines are concerns. Depth is an issue, as most noted before the season. We've had good fortune so far on that front. Now we have an issue.

Re Evans vs Darrisaw concussions. Doesn't matter the "severity" of them. Each person responds very different to concussions regardless of severity. Hopefully they followed all protocols, for his well being.

Not a whole lot to say. Emotional let down spot. Horrible line play. Bad team loss across the board.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I don't even know what I watched yesterday. I'd like to say the Vikings just played poorly or Dallas played out of their mind, but it was worse than that. That game looked like a pro team ready to play against a high school team. Complete overmatch in pretty much every phase. There was never any point in the game where I expected the Vikings defense to make a key stop or even force a Dallas punt, nor a moment where I expected the Vikings offense to convert a 3rd down or create anything resembling an explosive play. The Vikings seemed to come into the game thinking they could run on the Cowboys, but they did almost nothing on the ground, and when they did, the refs promptly stepped in and negated it with a penalty of some sort (the penalty on Cook after his 11 yard run was another really odd call where Cook is just jawing and the ref throws a flag. I don't recall seeing penalties called for simply talking after a play is over).

Cousins had no time. There was one particular play where Dallas sent a DB on a blitz and the Vikings just didn't even attempt to block him. I think Mundt turned outside to help Hockenson block or something, leaving the DB a clear path to Cousins. After the sack, the Cowboy player then mocked the SKOL chant. Man, I truly hate the Dallas Cowboys. Of all the teams in the NFL, I despise that team for exactly those sorts of low class moves. Does that draw and unsportsmanlike penalty from the refs? Nope. Just Cook jawing with the Cowboy sideline does. Crazy reffing this year. Truly inexplicable.

The Vikings defense, if one can call it that, was equally horrendous. That quick short throw outside that Pollard turned into a 20 or 30 yard TD was something I don't think I've ever seen before. Not that short throws like that never turn into TDs. Obviously, they can and do. What was horrendous about it was Pollard basically turned upfield and ran in a straight line into the endzone. It was like no Viking defender was able to get near him? He's that fast or something? I know Sullivan was in the area being blocked, but where was everybody else?

Or how about the punt where the Dallas returner muffed it, but the first Viking player there (Boyd), instead of alertly falling on the ball and recovering the muff, instead decides to run into the returner and draws a roughing call. I mean, what????

Those kinds of plays are why I said the Vikings looked like at best a high school team yesterday. That was really bad football, and of course they reserve playing that kind of football for the national game of the week where the most people are watching them.

OK, sure, they came down off the high of the emotional win against the Bills. Great. Another excuse for professionals who get paid very well to do just this. No fight in the team at all. They let Dallas walk all over them, seemingly made zero adjustments all game, and were just embarrassed in every phase. Now they have a very short week to get right for another nationally televised game against another team with a great defense. The Patriots struggle offensively thank goodness, but after this last effort by the Viking defense I'm not confident in the defense at all.

Be interesting to see how they respond to that shellacking. KOC has his work cut out for him for sure.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think they will respond just fine. For whatever reason, this Dallas loss doesnt worry me. If you look at the 3 game skid the Rams had last year and went on to win the SB, the 38-3 shellacking the Bucs took at this time in 2020 but went on to win the SB, etc. Sometimes, stuff like this happens. It sucks, it's embarrassing, but luckily it's a short week and I think they right the ship vs. New England.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:47 pm I think they will respond just fine. For whatever reason, this Dallas loss doesnt worry me. If you look at the 3 game skid the Rams had last year and went on to win the SB, the 38-3 shellacking the Bucs took at this time in 2020 but went on to win the SB, etc. Sometimes, stuff like this happens. It sucks, it's embarrassing, but luckily it's a short week and I think they right the ship vs. New England.
I do hope you are right. It’s possible Dallas would have crushed any team yesterday.. Maybe was a game we would have lost, no matter who we played. Tome it looked like the Vikings weren’t in this game emotionally.
Maybe it coming off the emotion of our win over the Bills.

It did not look like our hearts was was in it on offense or defense.

I believe the New England game will tell the story. A Viking win or hard fought game like we had with the Bills.

Another butt whipping like Dallas and maybe we are a playoff team with a early exit.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Foreman44 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:22 pm I do hope you are right. It’s possible Dallas would have crushed any team yesterday.. Maybe was a game we would have lost, no matter who we played. Tome it looked like the Vikings weren’t in this game emotionally.
Maybe it coming off the emotion of our win over the Bills.

It did not look like our hearts was was in it on offense or defense.

I believe the New England game will tell the story. A Viking win or hard fought game like we had with the Bills.

Another butt whipping like Dallas and maybe we are a playoff team with a early exit.
I just hope the Vikings compete against the Patriots. Even if they lose, just look like they belong on the same field with them.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

It's one thing to lose a game against a good team, especially after an emotional victory... and the Cowboys played great football... BUT to look like complete clowns on national TV, in your own stadium? That's just soul-crushing.

The O-line was a nightmare. Cousins was getting mauled. 3rd down conversion attempts were a joke. Defense looked like a practice squad. Just horrible in every phase of the game. And even their coaches were calling us names and drawing penalties. Just a giant clown show, without the benefit of any humor.

Can't blame CBS for going to the Steelers-Bengals game in the 3rd quarter.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Kirk Cousins faced a 63% pressure rate (highest in his career). For reference of how insane that is, Patrick Mahomes faced 37.5% pressure rate against the Buccaneers in the 2020 Super Bowl
Anyone else see this ^

I remember watching that SB and Mahomes was the most out of sorts I've ever seen him in his career. The face that Cousins almost doubled that pressure rate blows my mind. I'm not sure what was going on with this OL but I hope it never happens again. Obviously losing Darrisaw didnt help but this needs to get figured out ASAP.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri