Vikings @ Bills post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Re: Vikings @ Bills post game

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

mike Mc carthy is having a meltdown in GB. LOL just turned the ball over on downs in OT. They were in field goal range lmao. Boys blew a 14 point lead. Hate the cowboys more than you guys hate the packers. lol sorry
Skol
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:54 pm Still coming down. I swear, two hours later, my hands are still shaking as I type this.

So many heroes today. Almost impossible to name them all. From Kirk 'O Chains to PP to Dalvin's 81-yard run to the incomparable Justin Jefferson to Danielle Hunter with two more sacks ... even Blake Brandel, who came in for Darrisaw and held his own. Even KJ Osborn, who made some HUGE plays today, even though he didn't make a lot of them.

And Kevin Freaking O'Connell. Wow did we ever strike gold. Here's where I have to eat some serious crow. I actually stumped for Nathaniel Hackett. Yep. Then I got all excited about Jim Harbaugh. When they sent Harbaugh home and the word was they were going to hire KOC, I thought, "What the hell?" This guy ... he just gets the BEST out of every man. Look at what he's done with Kirk. I mean, Cousins threw two BAD picks today, the kinds of picks that would have caused him to fold in the past. Heck, he folded THIS YEAR against Philly, in a game the Eagles tried to give to us. But Cousins today in the 4th quarter and overtime ... I'll take THAT guy over just about anybody, including Josh Allen, who while admittedly is a cheat code for miracle plays, is also a MAJOR choker. For O'Connell to get THAT out of Kirk D. Cousins ... that's the miracle. Coach of the Year, hands down, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I cannot wait to see the videos of the plane ride home!
I've got bets on KOC for Coach of the Year and Kirk for MVP. KOC is already the favorite unless the Iggles go undefeated. Kirk isn't putting up the big numbers, but if we keep winning and Kirk picks up the numbers a bit it's possible he could win MVP.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Man o man. How's everyone doing after that game? Pure insanity. It was crazy and kept getting crazier the longer it went. At one point, I had to remind myself to breathe.

Kirk just keeps upping the ante on the depths that he can pull out of himself. I was blown away by some of his throws in the 4th and OT. Huge pressure, throwing without his feet planted into tight windows... and absolutely putting it where the ball had to be. It was bonkers. I'm most impressed with his ability to wipe his mind clear of bad plays and just reset. To me, that is a testament to his relationship with KOC, but also an emerging inner strength of his own. We saw glimpses of it last season, but it seems to be absolutely flourishing now. I'm here for it.

I'm hoping Z'darius' knee contusion doesn't keep him out of action. We need him. Hunter played super well today too. And, of course, PP, with two picks.

What a fun team to cheer for. Enjoy it, y'all! :pour: :ripple: :v): :cheer: :clap: :burp: :beerchug:
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:54 pm Still coming down. I swear, two hours later, my hands are still shaking as I type this.

So many heroes today. Almost impossible to name them all. From Kirk 'O Chains to PP to Dalvin's 81-yard run to the incomparable Justin Jefferson to Danielle Hunter with two more sacks ... even Blake Brandel, who came in for Darrisaw and held his own. Even KJ Osborn, who made some HUGE plays today, even though he didn't make a lot of them.

And Kevin Freaking O'Connell. Wow did we ever strike gold. Here's where I have to eat some serious crow. I actually stumped for Nathaniel Hackett. Yep. Then I got all excited about Jim Harbaugh. When they sent Harbaugh home and the word was they were going to hire KOC, I thought, "What the hell?" This guy ... he just gets the BEST out of every man. Look at what he's done with Kirk. I mean, Cousins threw two BAD picks today, the kinds of picks that would have caused him to fold in the past. Heck, he folded THIS YEAR against Philly, in a game the Eagles tried to give to us. But Cousins today in the 4th quarter and overtime ... I'll take THAT guy over just about anybody, including Josh Allen, who while admittedly is a cheat code for miracle plays, is also a MAJOR choker. For O'Connell to get THAT out of Kirk D. Cousins ... that's the miracle. Coach of the Year, hands down, and you'll never convince me otherwise.

I cannot wait to see the videos of the plane ride home!
Kwesi and O'Connell wins General Manager and Coach of the year
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:54 pm mike Mc carthy is having a meltdown in GB. LOL just turned the ball over on downs in OT. They were in field goal range lmao. Boys blew a 14 point lead. Hate the cowboys more than you guys hate the packers. lol sorry
Cr ap. Puke win in OT. Now we need to beat the Cowpukes.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:58 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:54 pm mike Mc carthy is having a meltdown in GB. LOL just turned the ball over on downs in OT. They were in field goal range lmao. Boys blew a 14 point lead. Hate the cowboys more than you guys hate the packers. lol sorry
I have a feeling that Cowbastards will be a trap game
Chi-Town Vike
Starter

Post by Chi-Town Vike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:10 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:58 pm

I have a feeling that Cowbastards will be a trap game
You would think but, last week and this week kinda played out like trap games until the 4th quarter that is. People were thinkin the Cardinals game was a trap game as well. Not sure "trap" is in the Vikings vocabulary at this point. Vikes been springin the traps buy lulling teams into a false sense of security. Only to snatch victory in a cruel and sadistic manner.
Skol
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

It's one of those games in which I'm DVRing every highlight I can of this and multiple talk shows tomorrow. I still can't quite believe they won this game.

I work with another Vikings fan (surrounded by Eagles fans), and every Monday, I go to work and complain to Paul that the Vikings can't keep winning like this. I've been especially frustrated on the low percentage play calls that they've been calling all year on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1. When the Vikings threw the ball twice at the end of 1st half and allowed time on the clock for Buffalo to drive down the field for the 24-10 halftime lead, I texted Paul and vented. No way they should have allowed that to happen. I was convinced that I was going to be able to point to this as one of the major reasons for their loss. BUT...they didn't lose!! I'm still exhausted from watching that game. I really need a convincing win next week or I'm going to have to make an appointment with a cardiologist.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:14 pm It's one of those games in which I'm DVRing every highlight I can of this and multiple talk shows tomorrow. I still can't quite believe they won this game.

I work with another Vikings fan (surrounded by Eagles fans), and every Monday, I go to work and complain to Paul that the Vikings can't keep winning like this. I've been especially frustrated on the low percentage play calls that they've been calling all year on 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1. When the Vikings threw the ball twice at the end of 1st half and allowed time on the clock for Buffalo to drive down the field for the 24-10 halftime lead, I texted Paul and vented. No way they should have allowed that to happen. I was convinced that I was going to be able to point to this as one of the major reasons for their loss. BUT...they didn't lose!! I'm still exhausted from watching that game. I really need a convincing win next week or I'm going to have to make an appointment with a cardiologist.
I really doubt Vikings will have a convincing win against the Cowboys, I think it will be another close game
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

“…arguably wildest final minute in NFL history”

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/viking ... 58337.html

I argue it was more than that. Wild drama from late 3rd quarter on.

Some will say the Vikings still had luck with this win, eg. the fumble for a TD. But they had most of the ref calls against them (eg. that no review and the ticky tack call against Booth among others) and after each gut punch they kept getting off the mat. I love this team! Struck gold with KOC.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

NFL admits replay official did not follow two minute guidelines.
Viking fan since '65
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

me4get wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 pm NFL admits replay official did not follow two minute guidelines.
Where do you see that?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JonPurpleHaze wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:24 pm What a Win!
:point:
I live in Bills country and haven't missed a Vikings visit in decades including preseason, until today... :wallbang:

My entire family except for my little brother (I properly trained him to be a Vikings fan in the late 70's) are Bills fans, some of them were there, wish I was there!
Man same here! I live in Watertown NY and have been to every Vikings bills game (preseason regular season) since ‘97. Got some tickets last minute and was going to go with my son and he ended up getting sick and had a fever so I didn’t go. Either way we had fun watching this from the couch!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

CharVike wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:48 pm
Chi-Town Vike wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm Yes!!!!! Yes he did make some big throws. Think Kirk is finding a little something in himself maybe. This team as a whole has some kind a voodoo mojo vibe goin on with it. lol
As the haters always said kirk can't make a good throw when under pressure against a good team and especially when behind. I called BS back then.
And what’s that you hear? It’s called silence. Quietest I’ve seen the haters since cousins has been here. Pretty sad they can’t come celebrate and enjoy the victory. Makes you question the intent. Doesn’t surprise me either way. SKOL BABY!!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

TSonn wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:07 pm
me4get wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 pm NFL admits replay official did not follow two minute guidelines.
Where do you see that?

Mentioned in this article here, said they were going to look into why it wasn't reviewed

https://www.twincities.com/2022/11/13/m ... uper-bowl/