Vikings vs Fish 10/16/22

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Vikings vs Fish 10/16/22

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Here's the latest on Tua playing or not. No official declaration, but it sure doesn't look like he'll play.

Speaking Monday, Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) is not ready to do "football stuff yet."
McDaniel didn't rule Tagovailoa out for the Dolphins' Week 6 game against the Vikings, but Monday's presser didn't instill much optimism. Backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is also in concussion protocol but doesn't appear as likely to miss next week's game after reports that he supposedly passed all concussion tests in Week 5 against the Jets despite being held out for the remainder of the game. Bridgewater sounds like an early candidate to clear protocol, while Tagovailoa sounds like he could be kept out at least one more week. We'll learn more on this situation throughout the week.

Oct 10, 2022, 5:57 PM ET

I don't think Teddy has any cause for revenge, but I'm sure people will be calling it a revenge game.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Re: Vikings vs Fish 10/16/22

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:24 pm Here's the latest on Tua playing or not. No official declaration, but it sure doesn't look like he'll play.

Speaking Monday, Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) is not ready to do "football stuff yet."
McDaniel didn't rule Tagovailoa out for the Dolphins' Week 6 game against the Vikings, but Monday's presser didn't instill much optimism. Backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is also in concussion protocol but doesn't appear as likely to miss next week's game after reports that he supposedly passed all concussion tests in Week 5 against the Jets despite being held out for the remainder of the game. Bridgewater sounds like an early candidate to clear protocol, while Tagovailoa sounds like he could be kept out at least one more week. We'll learn more on this situation throughout the week.

I don't think Teddy has any cause for revenge, but I'm sure people will be calling it a revenge game.
Revenge for what exactly?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Yeah it's looking like Tua will still be out but Teddy and Hill will be back..
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Tua would pick apart are DB's like they were high school players yet. If he plays, and is healthy (back) he will put up 35 points or more.

If its Teddy, our RBs just need to run for a few first downs. JJ should be in heaven, along with Cousins

Sunday is a long way away yet.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:49 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:24 pm Here's the latest on Tua playing or not. No official declaration, but it sure doesn't look like he'll play.

Nothing. He was always treated great and loved here. However, every time a player faces his ex team people will call it a revenge game.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:12 am
VikingsFan84 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Nothing. He was always treated great and loved here. However, every time a player faces his ex team people will call it a revenge game.
Yeah, calling it a revenge game is pretty stupid
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

In a way, I would've liked to see how we handled Tua. If he played, I almost know for a fact Donatell would've went into a massive shell and had his corners a mile off worrying to get beat deep. He already has them a mile off against QBs like Fields. So I wouldnt be surprised if he does this against Miami regardless of who is playing QB.

Just look at the highlights from the Chicago game and watch any time the Bears had the ball and look at our DBs. You could drive a monster truck across the field between the DL and the CBs.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:30 am In a way, I would've liked to see how we handled Tua. If he played, I almost know for a fact Donatell would've went into a massive shell and had his corners a mile off worrying to get beat deep. He already has them a mile off against QBs like Fields. So I wouldnt be surprised if he does this against Miami regardless of who is playing QB.

Just look at the highlights from the Chicago game and watch any time the Bears had the ball and look at our DBs. You could drive a monster truck across the field between the DL and the CBs.
Legitimately 7-10 yards off are the CB. I get playing back to keep everything in front of you, but man... Going to be interesting to watch on Sunday. I will be in the Stadium watching this one down here
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:56 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:30 am In a way, I would've liked to see how we handled Tua. If he played, I almost know for a fact Donatell would've went into a massive shell and had his corners a mile off worrying to get beat deep. He already has them a mile off against QBs like Fields. So I wouldnt be surprised if he does this against Miami regardless of who is playing QB.

Legitimately 7-10 yards off are the CB. I get playing back to keep everything in front of you, but man... Going to be interesting to watch on Sunday. I will be in the Stadium watching this one down here
Yeah it's driving me insane. I think this is 100% why our pressure rates are lower than normal because QBs are constantly throwing quick outs, slants, etc. because there is so much room in front of the corners. If you attempt to actually challenge WRs, there's a good chance your pass rush gets home more often. The ball is being delivered by opposing QBs so fast right now that our DEs arent even allowed to put a move on the tackle before the ball is out of their hands.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:41 am
IIsweet wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:56 am

Yeah it's driving me insane. I think this is 100% why our pressure rates are lower than normal because QBs are constantly throwing quick outs, slants, etc. because there is so much room in front of the corners. If you attempt to actually challenge WRs, there's a good chance your pass rush gets home more often. The ball is being delivered by opposing QBs so fast right now that our DEs arent even allowed to put a move on the tackle before the ball is out of their hands.
Great observation, PHP. Does anyone know whether Donatell has always used this kind of scheme? I mean before coming to the Vikings. Has he always been known as "Donashell"?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Watching the defense can be frustrating but they're also only allowing 14th most points per game in the league. That's not great but it's not as bad and 24th and 29th which is what we were the previous two seasons.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

McDaniel says it is going to be Skylar Thompson starting the game at qb.

"Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will take a small step Wednesday toward returning to football but has been ruled out for a second straight week because of a concussion.

The Dolphins plan to start rookie Skylar Thompson at quarterback on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, coach Mike McDaniel said.

"I can say with certainty that he's not going to be playing this Sunday," McDaniel said of Tagovailoa, who has been in concussion protocol since Sept. 29."

"Dolphins quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who also is in the concussion protocol after being removed from last Sunday's 40-17 loss to the New York Jets on Miami's first offensive play, also will be limited in practice as he progresses through the protocol.

McDaniel said that even if Bridgewater is active, the Dolphins plan to start the rookie Thompson, who relieved Bridgewater last Sunday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... r-thompson
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I will be at the game in Miami... should be interesting. We have a knack for making backup QB's look like all-stars.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:15 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:41 am

Great observation, PHP. Does anyone know whether Donatell has always used this kind of scheme? I mean before coming to the Vikings. Has he always been known as "Donashell"?
Thanks. And good question. I'm actually not sure if he's always ran this type defense.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

makila wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:53 am McDaniel says it is going to be Skylar Thompson starting the game at qb.

"Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will take a small step Wednesday toward returning to football but has been ruled out for a second straight week because of a concussion.

The Dolphins plan to start rookie Skylar Thompson at quarterback on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, coach Mike McDaniel said.

"I can say with certainty that he's not going to be playing this Sunday," McDaniel said of Tagovailoa, who has been in concussion protocol since Sept. 29."

"Dolphins quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who also is in the concussion protocol after being removed from last Sunday's 40-17 loss to the New York Jets on Miami's first offensive play, also will be limited in practice as he progresses through the protocol.

McDaniel said that even if Bridgewater is active, the Dolphins plan to start the rookie Thompson, who relieved Bridgewater last Sunday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... r-thompson
That is a loss then, Vikings are going to make Skyler play like Montana as tradition