Vikings @ Saints post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Vikings @ Saints post game

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Another lucked out win! Good game! 3-1 baby! :smilevike:
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Saints post game

Post by Fran the Man »

Nice win but very lucky. This defense scares the hell out of me. Can’t seem to stop anyone.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Fran the Man wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:51 am Nice win but very lucky. This defense scares the hell out of me. Can’t seem to stop anyone.
Yeah and it is the first time that Vikings have allowed points in the 4th quarter
JJBreaksRecords
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by JJBreaksRecords »

Another lucky win. But I do like seeing Cousins take charge and march them into FG territory. Another nice catch by JJ. And Joseph nails the game winning FG. Those are the good parts. The bad parts should and will be talked about all week. At least we win the closer games this year. :govikes:
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Can we rename this thread Double Doink, Because FTS?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Good neutral site win. I would have preferred to play against Famous because he would have fallen off the table at some point and threw a few interceptions. Dalton played solid and Mr Everything ran for a score. I thought we would see him at some point. Peg finally gets a game winner which gets the monkey off his back. A win is a win and will be called many things like lucky, fortunate ect....
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Also I don't agree with the win being branded lucky. Defense was soft execution was iffy coaching wasn't aggressive (at first). But it came down to JJ beating Lattimore to get in position to secure the win
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Nice to see JJ have a breakout game after the last two weeks. Kirk has been underrated as far as his clutch factor late in games. On to the Bears. Defense needs to play much better. I'd like to see more designs to get 3 safeties on the field at the same time.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:13 pm Nice to see JJ have a breakout game after the last two weeks. Kirk has been underrated as far as his clutch factor late in games. On to the Bears. Defense needs to play much better. I'd like to see more designs to get 3 safeties on the field at the same time.
Speaking of the Bears, I am sick and tired of playing the Bears almost every year in the final game of the season!
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:00 pm Also I don't agree with the win being branded lucky. Defense was soft execution was iffy coaching wasn't aggressive (at first). But it came down to JJ beating Lattimore to get in position to secure the win
The win is lucky because I thought Lultz was going to make another 60 yard field goal but he came very close to making it
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Waiting to hear more details on Cine’s injury. Obviously it’s going to end his season but concerned about it’s affect on his future career. Harry suffered some kind of hand or wrist injury late in the game as well. Will be waiting to hear how serious that is.

I look for things to improve on both sides of the ball as they gel and refine the playbook. Every team has challenges and I’d hate to be reading the posts on Saints forums right now. :rock:
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

StanM wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:30 pm I’ll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Waiting to hear more details on Cine’s injury. Obviously it’s going to end his season but concerned about it’s affect on his future career. Harry suffered some kind of hand or wrist injury late in the game as well. Will be waiting to hear how serious that is.

I look for things to improve on both sides of the ball as they gel and refine the playbook. Every team has challenges and I’d hate to be reading the posts on Saints forums right now. :rock:
I would like to see Harrison released after the season, his injuries are getting evident since he is getting older
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

3-1.

Kirk made throws when needed. WRs played well for the most part, one or two drops I can think of. They were able to run pretty easy on us towards in the second half especially. Jordan seemed to be all over our oline today. Lines didn't play well overall. Still not sure what Donatells defense is supposed to be good at..

Quite a sequence at the end. Weird not to be on that end. Haha.

3-1. Will take. Go vikes.
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

"Minnesota Vikings rookie safety Lewis Cine will undergo surgery in London to repair a fractured left leg suffered during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, coach Kevin O'Connell said.

Cine will remain in the United Kingdom until doctors determine it is safe for him to fly back to Minnesota."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... y-left-leg
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

makila wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:47 pm "Minnesota Vikings rookie safety Lewis Cine will undergo surgery in London to repair a fractured left leg suffered during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, coach Kevin O'Connell said.

Cine will remain in the United Kingdom until doctors determine it is safe for him to fly back to Minnesota."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/347 ... y-left-leg
That sucks!