53 Man Roster --predictions and developments

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 53 Man Roster --predictions and developments

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:52 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:43 pm
McGill is definitely the DL version of Sloter. I would love to have Sloter as our QB3 behind Mullens. It would be so much fun having Captain Kirk and Sgt. Sloter.
Give it a rest about Sloter, he is not coming back so move on already!
A man can dream. :lol:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

fiestavike wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:24 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:41 pm
We have a glut. Listening to offers is wise.
Can't imagine we'd get more than a 6th or 7th rounder for him.
I think we can do better than that. How about a player instead of a draft pick?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:11 pm https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1564 ... de%3Dfalse

TY McGill to IR, as well as Bisi.
Nice we retain rights to them.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:51 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:51 am WR Myron Mitchell cut.
I thought he would make the team due to his diving catch against the Raiders but I guess not
He probably didn't show the ability to help on ST.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:33 pm
fiestavike wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:24 pm

Can't imagine we'd get more than a 6th or 7th rounder for him.
I think we can do better than that. How about a player instead of a draft pick?
I'd prefer a player. We have limited depth. You need some players who can at least help if they are called upon. We don't have that.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

If a deal happens w/ Mattison, it's much more likely to be for a pick than a player. That's just how these kinds of deals tend to happen.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Vikings waiving QB Kellen Mond. (via @TomPelissero) pic.twitter.com/Yf9c72PZ94

— NFL (@NFL) August 30, 2022

OLB Janarius Robinson gone
Last edited by CharVike on Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
Follow
It's worth noting that if RB Alexander Mattison were to leave the #Vikings as a free agent next March and plays well, Vikings could get a third- or fourth-round comp pick, so they would want that sort of return in a trade now if one were to be done for him.
1:46 PM · Aug 29, 2022
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:14 am Vikings waiving QB Kellen Mond. (via @TomPelissero) pic.twitter.com/Yf9c72PZ94

I really liked Mond coming out of college but clearly he was an awful pick. The 2nd pick in the 3rd round could have been used to draft another worthless guard, or a worthless LBer, or another DE that didn't fit the system.

What a lousy 3rd round for Spielman. 4 picks and Patrick Jones looks like the only guy who will make it through his rookie contract and even he hasn't been able to pass up Wonnum on the depth chart.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:19 am Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
Follow
It's worth noting that if RB Alexander Mattison were to leave the #Vikings as a free agent next March and plays well, Vikings could get a third- or fourth-round comp pick, so they would want that sort of return in a trade now if one were to be done for him.
1:46 PM · Aug 29, 2022
The odds of getting a compensatory pick for Mattison are incredibly low and it should be noted that a pick in 2023 is worth a lot more than a pick in 2024. Counting on a compensatory pick is generally not a wise move. Better to take the pick you can get now instead of hoping a position that generally doesn't get a lot in FA and generally doesn't remain healthy for 4 seasons gets you a 3rd round pick.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 am
CharVike wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:14 am Vikings waiving QB Kellen Mond. (via @TomPelissero) pic.twitter.com/Yf9c72PZ94

I really liked Mond coming out of college but clearly he was an awful pick. The 2nd pick in the 3rd round could have been used to draft another worthless guard, or a worthless LBer, or another DE that didn't fit the system.

What a lousy 3rd round for Spielman. 4 picks and Patrick Jones looks like the only guy who will make it through his rookie contract and even he hasn't been able to pass up Wonnum on the depth chart.
Jones has been cut. No sense keeping Wyatt Davis sitting around. Speilman pushed that Mond pick off on Kubesteak because he made the deal with TX A&M to make the pick. The whole draft class was another trade down away from the talent. The cream rises.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Mond has decent physical skills, but his vision, accuracy and decision making were too weak to even develop. Better to cut bait and go with Mullens.

Does this mean we're keeping Mr. Personality, Sean Mannion on the roster?
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:43 am
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:29 am

Jones has been cut. No sense keeping Wyatt Davis sitting around. Speilman pushed that Mond pick off on Kubesteak because he made the deal with TX A&M to make the pick. The whole draft class was another trade down away from the talent. The cream rises.
Jones has been cut? Mond, Surratt and Davis have been cut, which is almost unheard of for 3rd round picks in their second year.

Time to let the Spielman love people still cling to go. He wasn't a bad GM, but his mistakes outweighed his successes.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

soflavike wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:57 am

Mond has decent physical skills, but his vision, accuracy and decision making were too weak to even develop. Better to cut bait and go with Mullens.

Does this mean we're keeping Mr. Personality, Sean Mannion on the roster?
Just a thought. So many down on Mond, Maybe hi is a slower learner, takes longer to grasp. I know that is not a good thing in the NFL. Mond played to my understanding 3-4 yrs at Texas A.M. I understand he didn’t do squat until his final year. I as a Alabama diehard recall his final game against Bama. He lost but tore us up, Bama’s D couldn’t stop him. We had to outscore them,.... Point Mond didn’t do much until his final year. Evidently he had the talent.just took awhile to get there.

How much game experience does he have, 3-5 pre season games, probably half games. I know that may not be a benefit to him. Some guys like Mahomes, Hubert can grab quickly. If he had the game experience of Mannion for example. How would he look.

We may never see that as a Viking fan. Maybe regret in the future,

Just a thought