Website Banner Voting Round 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pick 3 players to go on the banner

Adrian Peterson
No votes
Ahmad Rashad
No votes
Carl Eller
No votes
Chris Doleman
No votes
Chuck Foreman
No votes
Cris Carter
No votes
Fran Tarkenton
No votes
Jared Allen
No votes
Jerry Burns
No votes
Jim Marshall
No votes
Joe Kapp
No votes
Joey Browner
No votes
Korey Stringer
No votes
Mick Tingelhoff
No votes
Paul Krause
No votes
Randall McDaniel
No votes
Ron Yary
No votes
Scott Studwell
No votes
Tommy Kramer
No votes

Total votes: 0

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Website Banner Voting Round 3

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:48 pm
StpViking wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:25 pm Tark
AD
Paul Krause for me this round.

Poor Paul Krause, all he did is lead the NFL in INT all times playing mostly 14 game seasons and at a time when they ran 1st, 2nd and 3rd if possible.
Still amazes me that a player from that time period still leads in INTs all time.
Of course, WRs weren't running down the field unmolested. There were reasons teams didn't pass as much. There were 3 things that could happen when you threw it, two of them were bad, and those bad things were MUCH more likely outcomes of a passing play than they are today.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I really don't want to look at AD every time I come to this forum. Don't think he represents the Vikings well.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:36 pm I really don't want to look at AD every time I come to this forum. Don't think he represents the Vikings well.
💯 On board with this sentiment.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:36 pm I really don't want to look at AD every time I come to this forum. Don't think he represents the Vikings well.
Put duct tape on your monitor and problem solved! :thumbsup:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

The voters have spoken. People who don't like it can leave the board in protest or do the duct tape solution.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Actually, I think I will leave Peterson off. I was on the fence to begin with but with people coming forward and specifically asking I think I'll leave him off.

Every other player is just as deserving and nobody has any issues with any of them. I'll start one more poll soon.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Cliff wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:50 pm Actually, I think I will leave Peterson off. I was on the fence to begin with but with people coming forward and specifically asking I think I'll leave him off.

Every other player is just as deserving and nobody has any issues with any of them. I'll start one more poll soon.
That is disappointing since Peterson is the greatest running back in franchise history in my book, oh well
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:54 pm
Cliff wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:50 pm Actually, I think I will leave Peterson off. I was on the fence to begin with but with people coming forward and specifically asking I think I'll leave him off.

That is disappointing since Peterson is the greatest running back in franchise history in my book, oh well
He is. It's a shame it has to be considered at all.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

I get it on one hand, but you let the fans vote and he got the votes. It's a lose/lose proposition whatever you decide to do.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:47 pm

I get it on one hand, but you let the fans vote and he got the votes. It's a lose/lose proposition whatever you decide to do.
Meh, I don't see what anyone is losing. The board will still pick the players, Peterson is just off the table. It's the website banner, not the hall of fame or anything.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Cliff wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:52 pm
Meh, I don't see what anyone is losing. The board will still pick the players, Peterson is just off the table. It's the website banner, not the hall of fame or anything.
When Peterson gets in the Hall of Fame, put him on the banner :thumbsup:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

It's lose/lose because putting him on the banner would bother some people and not putting him on the banner would bother others. Either way you are alienating Vikings fans.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:00 pm

It's lose/lose because putting him on the banner would bother some people and not putting him on the banner would bother others. Either way you are alienating Vikings fans.
I wouldn't have put him on, but that's my opinion. I get the attraction, he was an incredible RB for the Vikings. While I wouldn't have put him on, if he was on and the rest of the members votes him on, this would be the last you'd hear from me about it. I'm sorry I came across as if I'd be mad or upset, or leave if he was on. Just wouldn't be my choice ever. Again, if you want him on Cliff, he was voted on by other members here so don't let my complaints stop you. This thread is the only time you'll hear my opinion on the matter. :thumbsup:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:51 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:00 pm
I wouldn't have put him on, but that's my opinion. I get the attraction, he was an incredible RB for the Vikings. While I wouldn't have put him on, if he was on and the rest of the members votes him on, this would be the last you'd hear from me about it. I'm sorry I came across as if I'd be mad or upset, or leave if he was on. Just wouldn't be my choice ever. Again, if you want him on Cliff, he was voted on by other members here so don't let my complaints stop you. This thread is the only time you'll hear my opinion on the matter. :thumbsup:
Honestly, I don't want him on either. The board was divided and ultimately shut down for a while over the issue he had. I should have never made him an option in retrospect.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Cliff wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:33 am
Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:51 am
Honestly, I don't want him on either. The board was divided and ultimately shut down for a while over the issue he had. I should have never made him an option in retrospect.
13 votes for yes, 3 complaints, what ever happened to majority rules? If social media was around back in the day 90% of these guys would of ended up offending someone.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson