The "New Regime, New Mock" Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: The "New Regime, New Mock" Offseason

Post by VikingsVictorious »

makila wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:03 pm Got Conklin right. To the Jets. Not a big surprise.
J E T S
Jets
Jets
Jets
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Really like what is going on with Kwesi. People posting about the Hunter and Zadarius Smith stuff in another thread. Felt it could come on here.
I think that they are trying to field the best team possible while getting into better cap status for the future. Constantly moving $ to future cap hits eventually catches up. I don't think they need a total rebuild to be right in the mix. Adding Smith if they do is huge. 3-4 experience as a rusher. Hicks and EK in middle is so good.
The FA signings have been very solid imo.
Very curious as to what will happen with Hunter. Is he a draft day trade? A June 1 cap cut. Or, do we keep him ?
In watching the FA signings, I think we can expect to be taking CB early in this draft. With Gardner, Stingley, McDuffie, I expect at least 1 there at 12.
I just hate how much we have been wrong with 1st rd CB in the past. It still is not my preference. I would love a Jordan Davis, Travon Walker, or trade down add 2nd rd pick and take Devote Wyatt. Imagine Davis or Wyatt next to Phillips in the interior. I doubt it happens but I would be ecstatic
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

By signing Smith have the Vikings taken themselves out of the draft market for Walker or Karlaftis?
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:52 pm By signing Smith have the Vikings taken themselves out of the draft market for Walker or Karlaftis?
That's kinda where I was going with it. I would agree that it is probably so. Not sure, but Walker is such a talent though.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:13 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:52 pm By signing Smith have the Vikings taken themselves out of the draft market for Walker or Karlaftis?
That's kinda where I was going with it. I would agree that it is probably so. Not sure, but Walker is such a talent though.
I mean if they still stick to BPA, then I wouldnt say those guys are off our radar. But I'd be extremely surprised if we didnt take a CB at 12.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Hey I nailed a pick! Akayleb Evans I had us taking him in round 7 but we took him in the 4th! :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:50 am Hey I nailed a pick! Akayleb Evans I had us taking him in round 7 but we took him in the 4th! :thumbsup:
Looks like there was a run on corner after as well. Not thrilled about trading next years pick but that made it a bit better.
VikingsFan84
Transition Player

Post by VikingsFan84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:50 am Hey I nailed a pick! Akayleb Evans I had us taking him in round 7 but we took him in the 4th! :thumbsup:
So he was a big reach?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsFan84 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:14 pm
So he was a big reach?
Lol I mean I did this mock back in late February/ early march. I don’t think it was a reach. I was just pumped to see a pick I predicted hit.
-Chazz Palminteri