Vikings/Broncos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings/Broncos

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:32 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:21 pmI thought this type of commentary was supposed to be banned, but apparently the moderators agree with your opinion so I guess that makes it ok
Please quote me the board rule you feel was violated in such a heinous way. I can assure you we’ve had multiple posts on both sides that went FAR beyond this one with no one getting banned.
Are you honestly suggesting that the vaccination question hasn’t become a political issue ?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingTom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:26 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:21 pm

With all due respect TV, no that is not what you did. You called him “uninformed ” and then used some word that was blocked to describe someone making a personal medical decision. I thought this type of commentary was supposed to be banned, but apparently the moderators agree with your opinion so I guess that makes it ok
TV referred to the QBs not vaccinated as uninformed. I agree with that, they are. Guessing Cousins didn't play because the NFL would not approve his plexiglass shield to keep everyone 6 feet or more from him on the sidelines and field.
So now you and Texas vike are medical authorities beyond any question . Got it.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 pm

Please quote me the board rule you feel was violated in such a heinous way. I can assure you we’ve had multiple posts on both sides that went FAR beyond this one with no one getting banned.
Are you honestly suggesting that the vaccination question hasn’t become a political issue ?
Not to mention the obscenity he used to describe Kellen Mond, which was blocked by your own filtering software
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think Covid has permeated everything, making it an unavoidable topic as it impacts many aspects of the team. It will naturally lean political or even religious (which is also against board rules) but I think we can all agree these are extraordinary circumstances so some amount of leniency is needed in order for people to express their opinions. And I haven’t censored anyone’s opinions on vaccinations.

In addition, criticism of players, coaches, front office, etc. has never been off limits. That only applies to attacking other posters. Like I said, there have been political posts that went too far and were removed, but no one has been banned to date for it. It’s a very fine line to moderate.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:46 pm

Not to mention the obscenity he used to describe Kellen Mond, which was blocked by your own filtering software
Right. He didn’t skirt the filter, which is frowned upon but even that doesn’t rise to the level of an insta-ban. You’re making up rules that don’t exist.
This board uses a word filter list. Skirting the word filter list so that inappropriate language will show up is frowned upon and can result in your post being edited or deleted. Circumnavigating the word filter is a particularly bad idea when doing so in dialogue with another person. Your post has a better chance of being edited or deleted when this occurs and depending on the tone of your post may result in a warning
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I never said TV should be banned. Cleary I was referring to “this type of commentary” and not TV himself . I suggested that the post should be banned for being political in nature and using an obscenity to describe a rookie player. That’s all. Maybe I should have been more clear and said this thread should be locked .

For the record in general I enjoy TV’s posts and agree with him on many topics. I just thought this post crossed the line and was very disrespectful to a rookie who I really like and hope will have great career
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Gotta agree that post was a little out of line. Just becuase you don’t get the vaccine doesn’t mean you’re uninformed. I’m guessing 99% of the players across the league that are not getting is because they simply don’t trust it. I know it’s why I haven’t gotten it. I mean in all honestly, what is there to trust right now?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

In regards to the game though, wasn’t a whole lot to talk about. One thing I couldn’t stand though…..

Mike Zimmer running AJ Rose TWENTY FIVE times. Like wtf is this accomplishing? The guy literally won’t make the team and that’s what we spent our time doing. Whether mond was ready or not, let the guy go out there and try to make some plays. That was the biggest waste of a preseason game I’ve ever seen. Okay, you don’t play the starters, I get that. But hey let’s spend the rest of our time handing a no-name RB the ball 25 times. That should help our team improve.

One shining star though….Patrick Jones! That guy was constantly in the backfield disrupting. IMO, he’s already better and more athletic than weatherly. But weatherly will start and continue to be boring old weatherly. All it’s going to take (or should take) is for Jones to make a few plays and he’ll be the starter opposite Hunter. I just love the guys get-off and his motor. Quick, fast, strong and high motor. That’s what you want in a DE.

Also for the record if anyone wants to know….

Doziers stats yesterday….

20.9 overall grade
24.9 pass blocking
46.3 run blocking

Wyatt Davis stats:

78.9 overall grade
59.7 pass blocking
77.6 run blocking

Kick Doziers butt to the streets. This should be a competition between Udoh and Davis. Period
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Udoh, Bradbury, Cleveland and Hill should have played at least a series. Probably a quarter. Udoh is new to the position, Cleveland is still relatively new, Bradbury has struggled his entire time in the NFL, and Hill is a career backup. Going into this game with this patchwork line as if they have the luxury to sit is ridiculous. Even Mahomes played because his line is new. But we’re so set that everyone can sit? It’s way too conservative a call, which is typical for Zimmer.

Lot of hate on Dozier, and rightly so, but can someone explain to me why Holmes and Colquitt are still on this team? All 3 have had more than enough time to prove themselves.

Rose getting so many reps was really odd, I hope it’s not an indication that Ngwanu’s knee is serious.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:01 pm I never said TV should be banned. Cleary I was referring to “this type of commentary” and not TV himself . I suggested that the post should be banned for being political in nature and using an obscenity to describe a rookie player. That’s all. Maybe I should have been more clear and said this thread should be locked .

For the record in general I enjoy TV’s posts and agree with him on many topics. I just thought this post crossed the line and was very disrespectful to a rookie who I really like and hope will have great career
No worries, man, I'll remove myself. This board has gone sterile anyways.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:20 am In regards to the game though, wasn’t a whole lot to talk about. One thing I couldn’t stand though…..

Mike Zimmer running AJ Rose TWENTY FIVE times. Like wtf is this accomplishing? The guy literally won’t make the team and that’s what we spent our time doing. Whether mond was ready or not, let the guy go out there and try to make some plays. That was the biggest waste of a preseason game I’ve ever seen. Okay, you don’t play the starters, I get that. But hey let’s spend the rest of our time handing a no-name RB the ball 25 times. That should help our team improve.

One shining star though….Patrick Jones! That guy was constantly in the backfield disrupting. IMO, he’s already better and more athletic than weatherly. But weatherly will start and continue to be boring old weatherly. All it’s going to take (or should take) is for Jones to make a few plays and he’ll be the starter opposite Hunter. I just love the guys get-off and his motor. Quick, fast, strong and high motor. That’s what you want in a DE.

Also for the record if anyone wants to know….

Doziers stats yesterday….

20.9 overall grade
24.9 pass blocking
46.3 run blocking

Wyatt Davis stats:

78.9 overall grade
59.7 pass blocking
77.6 run blocking

Kick Doziers butt to the streets. This should be a competition between Udoh and Davis. Period
Dozier is garbage and Davis has a long way to go in pass protection, giving up 2 pressures in limited work against 3rd stringers. Good news is you take away those 2 pressures and the single pressure Dozier gave up and the oline as a whole only allowed a single pressure all game. 0 sacks and only 1 hit on the QB given up by the Oline as well.

PFF hated Jones' play, grading him about the same as Brailford, the guy who was cut yesterday. He lead the team in stops at 3, but also lead the team in missed tackles at 3, and had 0 pressures on the QB.

Overall only Weatherly and Wonnum got pressures on the dline, and that was against a QB (Lock) who took the 4th longest to throw of any QB this is 1st preseason game. So they got pressure after Lock already had forever to throw.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

The blame for this game goes solely to coaches. No game plan, players just going through the motions. Zimm and his talking points to the media. Probably make guys do laps after the game as punishment. Like this was High Football again, which it felt like.

Anyway, I hope this teaches the fan boys on this board not put the cart before the horses. Championship Team, YEAH RIGHT. This franchise has had multiple paper champ teams over the decades, it always ends up the same. They fall flat on their faces and the fans gets their hopes up.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

S197 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:49 am Udoh, Bradbury, Cleveland and Hill should have played at least a series. Probably a quarter. Udoh is new to the position, Cleveland is still relatively new, Bradbury has struggled his entire time in the NFL, and Hill is a career backup. Going into this game with this patchwork line as if they have the luxury to sit is ridiculous. Even Mahomes played because his line is new. But we’re so set that everyone can sit? It’s way too conservative a call, which is typical for Zimmer.

Lot of hate on Dozier, and rightly so, but can someone explain to me why Holmes and Colquitt are still on this team? All 3 have had more than enough time to prove themselves.

Rose getting so many reps was really odd, I hope it’s not an indication that Ngwanu’s knee is serious.
I agree with this. The OL starters should have played at least a half. The Broncos destroyed them in practice so at least they could see if they could get after them. I don't know how they can even think this OL can compete against the good teams. Mahomes line is new but it wasn't fixed with guys that never took an NFL snap. Unfortunately Davis is out of shape. Basically worthless at this point. He has no pressure because trader down Rick won't allow one of his golden 3rd rounders to be cut. They will all make the team. We will need to pick up some vet cuts later on so we have something that can at least step in when needed. This has nothing to do with this throw away game it's been there the entire off season. We will be worse at this group than last year. Reif is missed and he should be. He was our second best OL guy last year.
VikingTom
Starter

Post by VikingTom »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:38 pm
VikingTom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:26 pm

TV referred to the QBs not vaccinated as uninformed. I agree with that, they are. Guessing Cousins didn't play because the NFL would not approve his plexiglass shield to keep everyone 6 feet or more from him on the sidelines and field.
So now you and Texas vike are medical authorities beyond any question . Got it.
For the record, while I am not a virologist, I am a Medical professional with over 45 years of critical care experience. The misinformation on vaccines is rampant, people are refusing to use reliable resources, they are cherry picking snippets without context. We have a whole culture that has become dedicated to spreading lies about a vaccine that not just saves lives, it greatly reduces hospitalizations, the associated costs, and the crushing burden of Medical bills. Institutions overwhelmed by COVID patients end up reallocating professional help, which means canceling elective surgeries and other procedures. The impact of the unvaccinated goes well beyond themselves. Which is why more and more are responding with increased frustration and anger.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StpViking wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:58 am The blame for this game goes solely to coaches. No game plan, players just going through the motions. Zimm and his talking points to the media. Probably make guys do laps after the game as punishment. Like this was High Football again, which it felt like.

Anyway, I hope this teaches the fan boys on this board not put the cart before the horses. Championship Team, YEAH RIGHT. This franchise has had multiple paper champ teams over the decades, it always ends up the same. They fall flat on their faces and the fans gets their hopes up.
Or … maybe it teaches us to not overreact to a blowout loss in a meaningless preseason game where 21 of 22 starters don’t even suit up, and the one starter who does (Weatherly) isn’t exactly Pro Bowl material.

Could be there’s something to learn from annoying fanboys.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.