Jeff Gladney arrested

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Jeff Gladney arrested

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Various sources wrote:Minnesota Vikings cornerback Jeff Gladney turned himself in to the Dallas County Jail on Monday following a family violence assault charge, according to the Dallas Police Department.

Police said the charge stems from an incident on Friday when Gladney allegedly assaulted a 22-year-old woman.
These guys. I just don't get it. They're professional athletes. Women throw themselves at them. Why can't they behave?

All right, all right. Innocent until proven guilty.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Jeff Gladney arrested

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I have learned at this old age to hold judgement until all the facts are proven, especially when it pertains to the media.
I certainly hope that the details are incorrect. I really do. But I will also say that if they are proven to be completely true, I will hope that he will banished from the league forever. No use for any man that can treat a women like that. Especially hearing it 3 days after my daughter was married this past Saturday.
Anyone ever layed a finger on her the would be butchered, ground up and be feed for possums, fox , coyotes, Turkey Buzzards and any bn other scavenger in thos area who is hungry.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Imagine if we had traded away our franchise to get Texas's QB savior then found out he was a felon sexual abuser in the next year, gets convicted and never plays again for us...would have made Herschel Walker look like a great deal!!!
Guys like this have been catered to their whole lives, taught that "anything goes" as long as they a a great player....well, slowly the world is changing and this vile behavior is being exposed and prosecuted legally but also, big business is actively ostracizing these morons. it is a small bit of progress amid all the bad trends we see.......I will never support Vick, AP, etc.....how well you play a game has no meaning versus those who would abuses children, man's best friend, or women.....hopefully Karma is a real #### to these little monsters.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am I have learned at this old age to hold judgement until all the facts are proven, especially when it pertains to the media.
I certainly hope that the details are incorrect. I really do. But I will also say that if they are proven to be completely true, I will hope that he will banished from the league forever. No use for any man that can treat a women like that. Especially hearing it 3 days after my daughter was married this past Saturday.
Anyone ever layed a finger on her the would be butchered, ground up and be feed for possums, fox , coyotes, Turkey Buzzards and any bn other scavenger in thos area who is hungry.
First off, congratulations, man! Big weekend for you and your family. I just have to know ... when you first met the young man, were you cleaning your guns? :lol:

In about 6 weeks, my wife and I will celebrate 40 years of marriage. In all that time, I have never once raised a hand to her. The thought never even crossed my mind. And I certainly would never pressure her into doing anything she didn't want to do. That's not to say my wife is weak or that women are weak. It's to say that I still believe that my role is to protect her, not to dominate her. Call me old-fashioned. That's fine. I'm pretty old.

I hope it's not true about Gladney, as well. If it's true, then he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of both the law and the rule of the NFL. One thing I've always believed ... it's wrong to be intolerant of people, but it's not wrong to be intolerant of bad behavior. Abuse of any kind qualifies as bad behavior.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

A post was removed. Please remember that politics are not allowed on this forum.
Politics will not be tolerated. Political discussion relating to Stadium or Viking issues is the only exception to this rule. Please keep such discussions as narrow as possible (ie, no "We'll never get a stadium with these despicable Whigs in power"). All other political discussion is strictly off limits. We have had problems with this in the past and have found this to be the best policy. If you find another poster has broken this rule and it disagrees with your own position, it doesn't not make it okay for you to break the rules as well. Instead, please report the post by clicking on the red exclamation point button.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:18 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am I have learned at this old age to hold judgement until all the facts are proven, especially when it pertains to the media.
First off, congratulations, man! Big weekend for you and your family. I just have to know ... when you first met the young man, were you cleaning your guns? :lol:

In about 6 weeks, my wife and I will celebrate 40 years of marriage. In all that time, I have never once raised a hand to her. The thought never even crossed my mind. And I certainly would never pressure her into doing anything she didn't want to do. That's not to say my wife is weak or that women are weak. It's to say that I still believe that my role is to protect her, not to dominate her. Call me old-fashioned. That's fine. I'm pretty old.

I hope it's not true about Gladney, as well. If it's true, then he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of both the law and the rule of the NFL. One thing I've always believed ... it's wrong to be intolerant of people, but it's not wrong to be intolerant of bad behavior. Abuse of any kind qualifies as bad behavior.
Thanks Kapp. A great weekend. Daughter married and the Day the Savior Rose again!! Lol no not the first time I met him.. But the 3rd time he was around me they came home from college for a Saturday( both graduated for Ohio State) and when they pulled in I was just hanging a nice 11 pt I had killed that morning. It was great cuz I pulled his back legs apart and and pointed where his pecker and nutsack had previously resided. I said see that? I will do the same thing to anyone who does anything to hurt my little girl. Lol. Now he loves to hunt as well as fish. Great young man and couldn't have one picked better myself.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:18 am
Various sources wrote:Minnesota Vikings cornerback Jeff Gladney turned himself in to the Dallas County Jail on Monday following a family violence assault charge, according to the Dallas Police Department.

Police said the charge stems from an incident on Friday when Gladney allegedly assaulted a 22-year-old woman.
These guys. I just don't get it. They're professional athletes. Women throw themselves at them. Why can't they behave?

All right, all right. Innocent until proven guilty.
They are a slice of the American public. The same issues America has with gun violence, domestic abuse, consent and other issues, are prevalent in these guys as well. Being wealthy doesn't make these problems go away.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

chicagopurple wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:00 am Imagine if we had traded away our franchise to get Texas's QB savior then found out he was a felon sexual abuser in the next year, gets convicted and never plays again for us...would have made Herschel Walker look like a great deal!!!
Guys like this have been catered to their whole lives, taught that "anything goes" as long as they a a great player....well, slowly the world is changing and this vile behavior is being exposed and prosecuted legally but also, big business is actively ostracizing these morons. it is a small bit of progress amid all the bad trends we see.......I will never support Vick, AP, etc.....how well you play a game has no meaning versus those who would abuses children, man's best friend, or women.....hopefully Karma is a real #### to these little monsters.
Sorry, it's posts like these that continue to hold these guys on a pedestal. Domestic abuse is a national problem. Expecting these guys to be free from it and then attributing it to them being catered to their whole life is problematic. They are abusive because they are abusive. Nothing more. Plenty of guys in the league have been catered to and don't have this problem. Plenty of men in the "real world" are abusive w/o being catered to. After all LEO have the highest % of domestic abuse issues of any professions and plenty of people still "back the Blue"
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Can Vikings trade Gladney?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

More details from CBS Channel 11 in Dallas.
Gladney became upset over the woman’s text messages and demanded to see her phone. At one point, sources said the accuser threw her phone out of the window on Elam Road but that Gladney stopped to get it.

An arrest affidavit claimed he tried “… shoving [her] face toward her phone to try to use the phone’s Face ID to unlock,” and later “… pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work.”

The accuser then said Gladney began to strike her “… with closed fists causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her open hand across the head.”

Then she told detectives the two returned to an apartment complex in Dallas, where she said Gladney “… began strangling [her] by the neck, which impeded her breathing for approximately five seconds,” and later “… grabbed [her] by her hair while the vehicle was still moving and dragged [her] across the ground.”

The woman said she was able to break free and get into a vehicle with unknown passengers. Detectives documented bruising on her head, ears and torso.

She also reported she had scratches on her face and neck and abrasions on her knees.
This is not good, guys.

Suddenly the acquisitions of Patrick Peterson and Mackensie Alexander are looking better than ever.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 am More details from CBS Channel 11 in Dallas.
Gladney became upset over the woman’s text messages and demanded to see her phone. At one point, sources said the accuser threw her phone out of the window on Elam Road but that Gladney stopped to get it.

An arrest affidavit claimed he tried “… shoving [her] face toward her phone to try to use the phone’s Face ID to unlock,” and later “… pulling [her] by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work.”

The accuser then said Gladney began to strike her “… with closed fists causing pain in the side of her ribs, in the stomach and the back, and hitting her open hand across the head.”

Then she told detectives the two returned to an apartment complex in Dallas, where she said Gladney “… began strangling [her] by the neck, which impeded her breathing for approximately five seconds,” and later “… grabbed [her] by her hair while the vehicle was still moving and dragged [her] across the ground.”

The woman said she was able to break free and get into a vehicle with unknown passengers. Detectives documented bruising on her head, ears and torso.

She also reported she had scratches on her face and neck and abrasions on her knees.
This is not good, guys.

Suddenly the acquisitions of Patrick Peterson and Mackensie Alexander are looking better than ever.
Yeah I saw this the other day. Doesn't look good for the kid unfortunately. Of course due process is still owed to the accused but this isn't going to just go away. In my humble opinion he should immediately sign up for counseling and anger management even before a judge gets involved.
Last edited by Spot & Stalk Vike on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

YikesVikes wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:52 pm
chicagopurple wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:00 am Imagine if we had traded away our franchise to get Texas's QB savior then found out he was a felon sexual abuser in the next year, gets convicted and never plays again for us...would have made Herschel Walker look like a great deal!!!
Sorry, it's posts like these that continue to hold these guys on a pedestal. Domestic abuse is a national problem. Expecting these guys to be free from it and then attributing it to them being catered to their whole life is problematic. They are abusive because they are abusive. Nothing more. Plenty of guys in the league have been catered to and don't have this problem. Plenty of men in the "real world" are abusive w/o being catered to. After all LEO have the highest % of domestic abuse issues of any professions and plenty of people still "back the Blue"
Wrong, This happens to be a field I work in, Child Abuse/HealthCare. The incidence of domestic violence is higher in many fields, folks who wok in law enforcement, military, contact sports, etc do have higher rates. It is understandable due to many factors. Police officers are subject to horrible stressors, military training by its nature conditions certain responses and can expose folks to damaging stressors. Ignoring these risk factors helps perpetuate the problem. Ignoring their acts and putting them on a pedestal is even worse.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Have you people not seen the pictures? The police have charged him with a Felony with a 100k bail. He is in deep #### and will never play for the Vikings again.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm Have you people not seen the pictures? The police have charged him with a Felony with a 100k bail. He is in deep #### and will never play for the Vikings again.
Hadn't seen any pics of the young lady but I knew his bond was $100k. Frankly I don't expect him back. Having said that do any of our local capologists know how this would affect our cap number if he is booted from the league?
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

dont be so quick to assume he is gone.
AP got caught too and there were clear pictures of a little boy with a torn open scrotum....AP was retained and remains a revered Viking.
Of Course, this player is no super star so by the twisted values of populist culture, he will likely be disposed of.