Vikings sign Xavier Woods

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings sign Xavier Woods

Post by Maelstrom88 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:55 pm
VikingTom wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:14 pm

Which leads me into my next thought. I am now convinced the Vikings will take one of the two top rush DEs in the draft. They appear determined to totally repair their defense. Now do not get me wrong, that is not a bad plan. Part of my feeling on this is I have heard the Vikings say they feel this is a deep draft for OL I am not generally impressed with 3rd round players for starting OL, but if in reality there is quality to be had there fine.

I do think everyone agrees the draft has good depth for WRs. Vikings should be able to add good depth to that group, and possibly find a good # 3/slot WR. They also need to find another LB. Geez, they might even be able to draft a good FG kicker in the 4th or 5th. If they can get Zimmer top promise to have a tiny bit of patience. Ok, that last bit was a bit of sarcasm. Vikings should be able to address depth at multiple positions in this draft.

The Vikings will have plenty to sign draft picks. I still think they will make one more OL signing in FA, particularly if they are hoping a top DE is available in the 1st round.
It was funny sarcasm. Maybe it will be a punter this time. Speilman will say he sees the next Ray Guy in him and we got him much later. He'll shank an early punt and Zimmer will cut him. The guy will go to another team and lead the NFL in punting avg. Why not. I think they need to pick a WR and as you posted the depth is good.
They could use a better punter actually. :banana:

Also, it will never happen but imagine a trade down to get back a 2nd rounder for a guard then Kadarius Toney at around pick 23 as the slot guy and punt returner. :shock:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:44 am
CharVike wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:55 pm
It was funny sarcasm. Maybe it will be a punter this time. Speilman will say he sees the next Ray Guy in him and we got him much later. He'll shank an early punt and Zimmer will cut him. The guy will go to another team and lead the NFL in punting avg. Why not. I think they need to pick a WR and as you posted the depth is good.

Also, it will never happen but imagine a trade down to get back a 2nd rounder for a guard then Kadarius Toney at around pick 23 as the slot guy and punt returner. :shock:
Strange things will happen. This TE Pitts is off the charts. He could be the pick to replace Rudy.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:52 am

Strange things will happen. This TE Pitts is off the charts. He could be the pick to replace Rudy.
Off the charts and off the board by pick #12, and more than likely by #10.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:44 am Also, it will never happen but imagine a trade down to get back a 2nd rounder for a guard then Kadarius Toney at around pick 23 as the slot guy and punt returner. :shock:
It could happen. That's a reasonable spot for Toney and if the Vikings pulled off a trade like that they'd wind up at a place in the 2nd where OL/DL should be good value.

I'm kind of hopeful that Spielman finds a way to trade back twice in the 1st. The 1st time back into the late teens or early 20's and gets a second and maybe a 4th, and then one more time into the late 1st to pick up another 2nd or a high future pick, and then looks at his options. Under that scenario he would then have a 1st, 2 2nds, and 5 4th round picks in this draft. With that kind of ammunition he can either hold pat and take swings at various positions, or if he likes someone he has the ammo to trade back up into the 2nd and snag him.

With that kind of ammo in the first 4 rounds he can afford to take a swing at a QB too. There are some intriguing QBs in this draft that could flourish in the right situation. The Vikings can provide the right situation. Just have to find the right guy.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

You forgot about Irvin?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:46 pm
You forgot about Irvin?
No I was just going along with the spirit of the thread. Pick Kicker, Punter and I posted strange things will happen and I looked at a mock and seen this guy going number 4. So I read about the guy and posted it. I should have said it was a hoax. It still wouldn't surprise me if a TE was picked somewhere. We are a base 2 TE set which I don't like but that's Kubs deal. But Pitts is an unbelievable prospect and at 6 6 thats a nice target. As some have posted we will have a chance at a dam good player with all those QBs this guy WRs flying off the board.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

CharVike wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:19 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:46 pm

You forgot about Irvin?
No I was just going along with the spirit of the thread. Pick Kicker, Punter and I posted strange things will happen and I looked at a mock and seen this guy going number 4. So I read about the guy and posted it. I should have said it was a hoax. It still wouldn't surprise me if a TE was picked somewhere. We are a base 2 TE set which I don't like but that's Kubs deal. But Pitts is an unbelievable prospect and at 6 6 thats a nice target. As some have posted we will have a chance at a dam good player with all those QBs this guy WRs flying off the board.
There are two players in this year's draft that I think are worthy of moving up to select. One is Trevor Lawrence. The other is Kyle Pitts. Pitts is going to go off the board in the first ten picks for sure, and probably the first 7. If by some miracle he lasts to #14, Spielman would have to take him. I really don't care who else is there at that point or if the Vikings have dire needs elsewhere. Pitts is too good to pass up and he'd give the Vikings an unbelievable 1-2 punch in the middle of the field. Cousins would be in heaven (possibly literally if the Vikings don't fix the OL problems).