Vikings Will Not Tender Ifeadi Odenigbo

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings Will Not Tender Ifeadi Odenigbo

Post by Rhodes Closed »

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoesslingStr ... 1730244611

With $2.1 Million for even the low tender, it's curious to see. My guess is he's going to walk to free agency and get signed on the cheap to some other team.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings Will Not Tender Ifeadi Odenigbo

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think they saw enough of him last year.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:32 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/GoesslingStr ... 1730244611

With $2.1 Million for even the low tender, it's curious to see. My guess is he's going to walk to free agency and get signed on the cheap to some other team.
On the cheap? They probably will overpay for him
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Vikings brought back Weatherly already.

Odenigbo just didn't get it done last year in his opportunity.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

He would have come cheap for a reason. He did little to change the situation last year when given every opportunity, so no real loss.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

This was the guy I was told would step in and replace Griffen no problem all last offseason.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Personally, I never thought he could replace Griffen. And that never should have been the expectation

He was a good rotational piece and was effective in limited snaps. I think expecting him to be a starter was a bit of a stretch, and then when Hunter went down and Ife was the guy getting double teamed? Well, that was a recipe for failure

I was hoping the Vikings could have kept him at a reasonable price as a good rotational piece....Oh well, maybe it's still possible.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:59 pm This was the guy I was told would step in and replace Griffen no problem all last offseason.
Yeah I thought he could definitely be a better value based on the money. He got what 7.5 sacks while being a rotational piece? Unfortunately he just didn't produce last year although he had much more playing time.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:59 pm This was the guy I was told would step in and replace Griffen no problem all last offseason.
And what? Do you want a trophy or something because you didnt buy into him? Either way, I'm pretty sure that is a little exaggerated. I dont recall anyone saying he would replace Griffen "no problem". But regardless, Griffen had 8 sacks last year....Odenigbo had 7 in like 500 less snaps. Why wouldnt anyone be excited about Odenigbo going into this year? It also didnt help that he was stuck on a DL that couldnt generate any pressure as a whole last year and hardly ever had LBs blitzing because they were out as well. IMO, they should've kept Odenigbo as the reserve and passed on Weatherly but that's just me.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:39 pm
Yeah I thought he could definitely be a better value based on the money. He got what 7.5 sacks while being a rotational piece? Unfortunately he just didn't produce last year although he had much more playing time.
Yeah exactly. This was simply a "hey look at me everyone, I told you so" post. He wouldnt buy into Pat Mahomes being our QB. So basically anytime someone fails, he looks like he knows what he's talking about. It was quite obvious why fans were willing to let Griffen walk and promote Odenigbo. But clearly it didnt work out. Regardless I still think he's a better reserve than Weatherly but that's just me
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Yeah exactly. This was simply a "hey look at me everyone, I told you so" post. He wouldnt buy into Pat Mahomes being our QB. So basically anytime someone fails, he looks like he knows what he's talking about. It was quite obvious why fans were willing to let Griffen walk and promote Odenigbo. But clearly it didnt work out. Regardless I still think he's a better reserve than Weatherly but that's just me
It was obvious a guy who had been cut 3 times and had minimal success as a situational pass rusher was going to be able to come in and replace Griffen as a starter?

In what world?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Ifeadi has apparently signed with the Giants.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:55 pm Ifeadi has apparently signed with the Giants.
Hilarious if you ask me since they are probably mad that Vikings stole Tomlinson from them, haha but good for Ifeadi and I wish him the best with the Giants and I saw it is a 1 year 2.5 million deal, good signing for the Giants
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:29 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm

It was obvious a guy who had been cut 3 times and had minimal success as a situational pass rusher was going to be able to come in and replace Griffen as a starter?

In what world?
Who cares how many times he was cut?! 7 sacks as a rotational pass rusher and a 74+ PFF rating in just over 300 snaps is producing. I don’t care how you look at it. Like how you say he had minimal success as a situational pass rusher is just baffling.

Like the guy had the 4th most snaps at DE in 2019, by a large margin, and was nearly 2nd on the team in sacks. That is the definition of production.

Again nobody was saying he’s the next Everson griffen so idk where you’re getting that. However many fans liked the idea of him replacing him given the season he had prior and that his contract was peanuts.

So yeah in the end, many fans liked the idea of Odenigbo heading into 2020 and it’s pretty obvious why. Just because the worlds most negative Vikings fan didnt, doesnt mean what many of us thought regarding Odenigbo was wreckless speculation
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:36 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:29 pm

In what world?
Who cares how many times he was cut?! 7 sacks as a rotational pass rusher and a 74+ PFF rating in just over 300 snaps is producing. I don’t care how you look at it. Like how you say he had minimal success as a situational pass rusher is just baffling.

Like the guy had the 4th most snaps at DE in 2019, by a large margin, and was nearly 2nd on the team in sacks. That is the definition of production.

Again nobody was saying he’s the next Everson griffen so idk where you’re getting that. However many fans liked the idea of him replacing him given the season he had prior and that his contract was peanuts.

So yeah in the end, many fans liked the idea of Odenigbo heading into 2020 and it’s pretty obvious why. Just because the worlds most negative Vikings fan didnt, doesnt mean what many of us thought regarding Odenigbo was wreckless speculation
Seems like I wasn't being negative as much as being realistic.

I like players who are good on the Vikings and contribute or realisticaly have potential. I defend Cook's contract based on results, was one of the last defenders of Rhodes based on the numbers and have a more positive view of Zimmer than most. To say nothing of my positive posts on guys everyone agrees on like Hunter, Smith and Thielen. It isn't all negative despite your mischaracterization of my posts.