Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

Post by YikesVikes »

vikeinmontana wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:18 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 pm I would really like us to make a move on this. I would be willing to give up Kirk and a 2nd for and a 3rd for Russell. Russell is a much better QB thank Kirk. I love Kirk but Russell is a top 3 QB.
He just said if he left he'd only play for four other squads; Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears.

Which is ok. I've learned Cousins is just as good as Wilson anyway. Wouldn't be an upgrade....

:gone:
I think he chose those teams because of QB positions. If traded here, he would play. Outside of the Saints and CB, we give him the best offensive roster. I'm blocking anyone that says Kirk is similar.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:20 pm I'm blocking anyone that says Kirk is similar.
:lol: :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:20 pm

He just said if he left he'd only play for four other squads; Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears.

Which is ok. I've learned Cousins is just as good as Wilson anyway. Wouldn't be an upgrade....

I think he chose those teams because of QB positions. If traded here, he would play. Outside of the Saints and CB, we give him the best offensive roster. I'm blocking anyone that says Kirk is similar.
But Kirk is similar :lol:
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 pm I would really like us to make a move on this. I would be willing to give up Kirk and a 2nd for and a 3rd for Russell. Russell is a much better QB thank Kirk. I love Kirk but Russell is a top 3 QB.

I do not know why Wilson wants to play for Cowboys or Bears, they are not that much better than Vikings are
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Why don't any of these QBs want to go to NE or a team that could actually compete for a SB?

The Saints will be a basement dweller for years to come with the cap situation they have gotten themselves into, the Bears and Cowboys are very mediocre teams and the Raiders are the Raiders.

Then you have Watson who is willing to be traded to the Jets, Miami or Carolina.

Of those teams 7 teams only Miami is a QB away from competing for a SB.
Spot & Stalk Vike
Backup

Post by Spot & Stalk Vike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Why don't any of these QBs want to go to NE or a team that could actually compete for a SB?

The Saints will be a basement dweller for years to come with the cap situation they have gotten themselves into, the Bears and Cowboys are very mediocre teams and the Raiders are the Raiders.

Then you have Watson who is willing to be traded to the Jets, Miami or Carolina.

In the end I believe that nothing will happen with Wilson.....jmo. Beat and team writers are desperate for anything to write about until the draft happens and so we'll see several of these "speculation" articles between now and April 29th.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

It would be funny if Seahawks trade Wilson to the Texans for Watson in a straight up trade
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 am It would be funny if Seahawks trade Wilson to the Texans for Watson in a straight up trade
Does Wilson have a no trade clause? Otherwise that makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Wilson is older and would end up being more expensive, but he is also more proven. Watson is young and cheaper. Both fanbases would probably love that trade.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:24 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 am It would be funny if Seahawks trade Wilson to the Texans for Watson in a straight up trade
Does Wilson have a no trade clause? Otherwise that makes a ton of sense for both teams.

Wilson is older and would end up being more expensive, but he is also more proven. Watson is young and cheaper. Both fanbases would probably love that trade.
Yeah, Russell has a no trade clause which is a shame because I would have love to see it happen
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm
chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 pm we arent going to get an all star QB.....nothing in our organization is attractive enough.
Reality is that we are going to have to draft a QB . Doing that would mean we better have coaches who have a proven record of developing talent. In fact, Kubiak probably fit MN since we are a training wheel team where coaches start then leave and have success elsewhere. Maybe he will do that....like stafansky and others that have come and gone.....we are just AAA ball, minor league for coaches....But that doesnt get the Vikes anywhere.....the Vikes need a proven QB coach....that's never happened in my long lifetime. Reality is we need a whole new OL, a good set of coaches, and , once again , rebuild......Spielman has clearly been unable to do this so all of this drudgery wont even get rolling till he is gone.
lol you act like we are the New York Jets. Go have a drink and sleep it off brother
Wilson really miscalculated and overestimated his worth in Seattle. Now now only does he have the front office upset, but how do you think his boys in the trenches are feeling. Anyone think that’s going to elevate their play.
Can’t imagine he’s endeared himself to the rest of the team either. If he stays in Seattle, no amount of suck up is going to save him. He was incredibly stupid.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Frozen Rope wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:03 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm

lol you act like we are the New York Jets. Go have a drink and sleep it off brother
Wilson really miscalculated and overestimated his worth in Seattle. Now now only does he have the front office upset, but how do you think his boys in the trenches are feeling. Anyone think that’s going to elevate their play.
Can’t imagine he’s endeared himself to the rest of the team either. If he stays in Seattle, no amount of suck up is going to save him. He was incredibly stupid.
That was a bad move by Wilson. He has an average OL which is fine to play behind and that rookie WR they have is a game breaker. He needs to hold up his end and most important don't rip your teammates. I don't see these crying QBs going anywhere. No team wants that BS. The Lions traded Stafford which came out of left field. I didn't hear about that one at all until it happened. He wasn't crying in the media or social base tracks. IMO I wouldn't want Wilson. He isn't guiding our team to the promised land.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Maybe NE don't want them.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:02 pm Why don't any of these QBs want to go to NE or a team that could actually compete for a SB?

Outside of Belichick, NE probably has one of the least talented rosters in the entire NFL.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:38 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:02 pm Why don't any of these QBs want to go to NE or a team that could actually compete for a SB?

Outside of Belichick, NE probably has one of the least talented rosters in the entire NFL.
Only at the receiver and QB position. They still have a good defense and solid oline. They also have a ton of cap to spend to get one of the good pass catchers hitting FAs.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:38 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:29 am

Kirk always has the highest Time to Throw measurement for non scrambling QB's. He's always near the 2.8-3.0 mark Any mobile QB that comes here will have enough time. Tired of hearing that as an excuse. Kirk is indecisive and holds on to the ball too long. It's been an issue for 8 years.
If you're really going to sit here and say that our interior will give any QB time, I honestly have no idea what to tell you. We currently have 0 true guards and a center that gets tossed around like a rag doll in pass protection. Tired of hearing the Cousins haters try and use a flawed statistic to try and prove that Kirk Cousins is the problem, not the OL. We've had solid tackle play for the most part. But the interior is disgusting in every way, shape and form so dont even go there.
These people can create any stat they feel like making. Our current OL is ranked as one of the worst in football and most people knock Speilman for building a crappy OL.But then it's pointed out that Kirk has the highest time to throw which basically means he stands there and waits all day with nothing around him. I don't see that. I see a guy that gets pressure. Just look at this starting 5 we have. There isn't one guy that's starting who will be remembered for anything good 10 years from now. Based on time to throw our OL is golden and Speilman has done a fantastic job and you could argue he's done the best based on Cousins having all day to throw. That's not close to the truth. I give Cousins credit for producing behind a sive OL. No QB produces with a crap OL or an OL that has a crap game. We see it in the playoffs every year. Rodgers gets pressure and boom that team is done. Rodgers is a HOFer with a great OL based on ranking. Our team has bigger problems than Cousins. The biggest is having a HOF QB in our division who is getting better with time. The second is zero pass rush. The third is a terrible OL. No GM can fix our biggest problem but is there a guy out there that can get a HOF type of pass rusher? A Page, White or LT. Basically a guy that can bring tremendous pressure regardless of the OL. We need that guy. I don't see him.