Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Frozen Rope
Starter

Re: Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

Post by Frozen Rope »

CharVike wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:29 am

Kirk always has the highest Time to Throw measurement for non scrambling QB's. He's always near the 2.8-3.0 mark Any mobile QB that comes here will have enough time. Tired of hearing that as an excuse. Kirk is indecisive and holds on to the ball too long. It's been an issue for 8 years.
Kirk is a non scrambling or non mobile or non movement QB. I don't even know what that means. I call it a stick in the mud a guy that can't move at all. I've seen Cousins run for 1st downs and not just 2 inches. Beyond all that I don't want a QB that is a runner. Sooner or later it will end the hard way. Lamar Jackson is probably the best running QB and he puts up 1000 + yards. Can't score in the playoffs. It's pathetic. These defensive players have pride also and there will come a time when the wood will get laid to him and then say bye bye. Next man up and then the team is done. Russell Wilson is crying about his OL. Every team has OL problems. The Cheifs OL wasn't that great even before some guys got hurt. PFF has the Packer OL rated at number 2. That OL blows. The last two years in the playoffs they were blown off the map. The 49ers and Bucs destroyed them. Those two teams don't have nothing close to historical pass rushing teams. Wilson is passing the buck. When he lost the opening playoff game to a wild card team this year his pick six did them in. There wasn't a defender close to him. That should have been a Hawks TD. One pump fake and then boom the WR would have been wide open because the CB jumped the play. He lacks that type of ability. Kirk threw 35 TDs this year. Is that terrible production? Watson had 33 and he's considered the best on earth by many. I know there's more than TDs but that can't be thrown in the garbage either. Indecisive QBs don't throw that many TDs.
Great post CV
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

CharVike wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 pm

Kirk always has the highest Time to Throw measurement for non scrambling QB's. He's always near the 2.8-3.0 mark Any mobile QB that comes here will have enough time. Tired of hearing that as an excuse. Kirk is indecisive and holds on to the ball too long. It's been an issue for 8 years.
Kirk is a non scrambling or non mobile or non movement QB. I don't even know what that means. I call it a stick in the mud a guy that can't move at all. I've seen Cousins run for 1st downs and not just 2 inches. Beyond all that I don't want a QB that is a runner. Sooner or later it will end the hard way. Lamar Jackson is probably the best running QB and he puts up 1000 + yards. Can't score in the playoffs. It's pathetic. These defensive players have pride also and there will come a time when the wood will get laid to him and then say bye bye. Next man up and then the team is done. Russell Wilson is crying about his OL. Every team has OL problems. The Cheifs OL wasn't that great even before some guys got hurt. PFF has the Packer OL rated at number 2. That OL blows. The last two years in the playoffs they were blown off the map. The 49ers and Bucs destroyed them. Those two teams don't have nothing close to historical pass rushing teams. Wilson is passing the buck. When he lost the opening playoff game to a wild card team this year his pick six did them in. There wasn't a defender close to him. That should have been a Hawks TD. One pump fake and then boom the WR would have been wide open because the CB jumped the play. He lacks that type of ability. Kirk threw 35 TDs this year. Is that terrible production? Watson had 33 and he's considered the best on earth by many. I know there's more than TDs but that can't be thrown in the garbage either. Indecisive QBs don't throw that many TDs.
Great post CV
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 pm no top tier QB is going to consider MN....we have no OL. We have an out dated Coach who refuses input from others. Nothing good will happen till Wilf cleans house......good luck with that.
If you're really going to sit here and say that our interior will give any QB time, I honestly have no idea what to tell you. We currently have 0 true guards and a center that gets tossed around like a rag doll in pass protection. Tired of hearing the Cousins haters try and use a flawed statistic to try and prove that Kirk Cousins is the problem, not the OL. We've had solid tackle play for the most part. But the interior is disgusting in every way, shape and form so dont even go there.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

these fantasy threads about big name quality QBs coming to MN are just wet dreams.......No savvy QB is coming here. We have No OL, We have a useless merry go round of Offensive Coordinators who now has someone with NO qualifications in charge due to nepotism....and a Head Coach who modern players dont like or get along with........get real....all we are going to get are journey men QB who will get over paid (where we are today already), rookies who will be thrown into an organization that has NEVER developed a QB from a draft, or just retreads going nowhere.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:49 am these fantasy threads about big name quality QBs coming to MN are just wet dreams.......No savvy QB is coming here. We have No OL, We have a useless merry go round of Offensive Coordinators who now has someone with NO qualifications in charge due to nepotism....and a Head Coach who modern players dont like or get along with........get real....all we are going to get are journey men QB who will get over paid (where we are today already), rookies who will be thrown into an organization that has NEVER developed a QB from a draft, or just retreads going nowhere.
ughhh some of you guys I swear.....

The OC.....please enlighten me what qualifications Kevin Stefanski had when he got his OC job with the Vikings? Nobody complained about that. Now he's in Cleveland having success. Like I dont get the beef with Klint Kubiak? Everyone wants to complain about his qualifications? Like how do you think all these OCs around the league got their jobs? Everyone has to start somewhere. And given he is the son of a very successful coach in this league....I'm all for the hire. I have been pushing his name since last year. We need a young mind calling some shots.

Think about it, prior to Stefanski's success, so lets say the offseason heading into 2019, who would you rather have if these two guys were your two options at OC...

Kevin Stefanski- pretty much been a merry go round position coach up until this point for the Vikings

Klint Kubiak- similar to Stefanski, merry go round position coach, however he is the son of Gary Kubiak who has been a very successful coach in this league

My guess is the majority take Kubiak. However, now since he's not as qualified as Bill Belichick, it's a bad move due to nepotism? Come on man....
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

we arent going to get an all star QB.....nothing in our organization is attractive enough.
Reality is that we are going to have to draft a QB . Doing that would mean we better have coaches who have a proven record of developing talent. In fact, Kubiak probably fit MN since we are a training wheel team where coaches start then leave and have success elsewhere. Maybe he will do that....like stafansky and others that have come and gone.....we are just AAA ball, minor league for coaches....But that doesnt get the Vikes anywhere.....the Vikes need a proven QB coach....that's never happened in my long lifetime. Reality is we need a whole new OL, a good set of coaches, and , once again , rebuild......Spielman has clearly been unable to do this so all of this drudgery wont even get rolling till he is gone.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 pm Klint Kubiak- similar to Stefanski, merry go round position coach, however he is the son of Gary Kubiak who has been a very successful coach in this league
The nepotism thing is overblown in my opinion. Gary Kubiak couldn't hire or retain Klint anyway. He could only recommend him and/or give him opportunities to show what he can do, and I'd hope it is those things that ended up going in his favor rather than simply the fact he's related to Gary.

I think there is another factor at work though, and that is player familiarity with him and and the way he works.

That is an often overlooked factor, but it can be a huge determinant of how successful an OC is. If the players don't relate or don't buy into an OC, it can be a long season. My guess is Klint has a lot of the personal attributes and skills that helped make his father a good coach. Lot's of those are "soft" skills. Understanding players and how they think, what motivates them, how to get them fully onboard with strategies and ideas. Those are all really important aspects of successful coaches at any level of any sport, but moreso in the pros where players are often making more than the coaches and there are a lot of divas and guys who are tempted to just punch the clock (that "Practice?" press conference by Allen Iverson still to this days exemplifies this attitude in a pro athlete).

Anyway, Klint will probably do just fine as OC. He can't necessarily overcome talent deficiencies, but I'm sure he has some unique ideas about how to structure the offense and possibly utilize the talent he has in different ways. He deserves at least one season to show what he can do.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Zim allow "unique ideas on offense" ? really? not likely unless he has had some thought changing head trauma.....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 pm we arent going to get an all star QB.....nothing in our organization is attractive enough.
Reality is that we are going to have to draft a QB . Doing that would mean we better have coaches who have a proven record of developing talent. In fact, Kubiak probably fit MN since we are a training wheel team where coaches start then leave and have success elsewhere. Maybe he will do that....like stafansky and others that have come and gone.....we are just AAA ball, minor league for coaches....But that doesnt get the Vikes anywhere.....the Vikes need a proven QB coach....that's never happened in my long lifetime. Reality is we need a whole new OL, a good set of coaches, and , once again , rebuild......Spielman has clearly been unable to do this so all of this drudgery wont even get rolling till he is gone.
lol you act like we are the New York Jets. Go have a drink and sleep it off brother
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

in case you haven't noticed.....we have no championships.....our record for the last 4 decades is an average of 8-8.......Been floundering with this organization for going on 50 years and the current state of the team is not up-trending. Mediocre moves, lame GMs and coaches are not good enough. It is a sad state when the fan base is willing to settle for a chance at a first round elimination and call it a success.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:28 pm in case you haven't noticed.....we have no championships.....our record for the last 4 decades is an average of 8-8.......Been floundering with this organization for going on 50 years and the current state of the team is not up-trending. Mediocre moves, lame GMs and coaches are not good enough. It is a sad state when the fan base is willing to settle for a chance at a first round elimination and call it a success.
That is not true, Vikings have a NFL championship from 1969
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

one...thats not a Super Bowl
two....do the math...that was 52 years ago
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

chicagopurple wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am one...thats not a Super Bowl
two....do the math...that was 52 years ago
Who cares? A championship is a championship so Vikings have a championship in their history
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I would really like us to make a move on this. I would be willing to give up Kirk and a 2nd for and a 3rd for Russell. Russell is a much better QB thank Kirk. I love Kirk but Russell is a top 3 QB.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 pm I would really like us to make a move on this. I would be willing to give up Kirk and a 2nd for and a 3rd for Russell. Russell is a much better QB thank Kirk. I love Kirk but Russell is a top 3 QB.
He just said if he left he'd only play for four other squads; Cowboys, Saints, Raiders or Bears.

Which is ok. I've learned Cousins is just as good as Wilson anyway. Wouldn't be an upgrade....

:gone:
i'm ready for a beer.