Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

Post by YikesVikes »

There are rumors of Wilson being disgruntled and unhappy with the Seahawks. If he demands a trade, would you guys move Kirk for him. For me the answer is yes and twice on Sunday.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Russel Wilson Possibly Wants Out

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:02 pm There are rumors of Wilson being disgruntled and unhappy with the Seahawks. If he demands a trade, would you guys move Kirk for him. For me the answer is yes and twice on Sunday.
Interesting news.

Here's what Dan Patrick had to say after Wilson appeared on his show and complained about how often he was getting sacked (394 times in 9 seasons).
“A source told me that the Seahawks’ management is not happy with Russell Wilson and his camp for taking this to the media,” Patrick said. “You wonder if they’re going to be able to co-exist. . . . The current situation is not sustainable. That’s what I was told.”
Of course, if he's unhappy with his O-line situation, he's gonna want no part of Minnesota.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

no top tier QB is going to consider MN....we have no OL. We have an out dated Coach who refuses input from others. Nothing good will happen till Wilf cleans house......good luck with that.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pass, he is going to get hurt often with Vikings offensive line
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

chicagopurple wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 pm no top tier QB is going to consider MN....we have no OL. We have an out dated Coach who refuses input from others. Nothing good will happen till Wilf cleans house......good luck with that.
Cousins considered Minnesota and signed with Minnesota so that is not true
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:48 pm
chicagopurple wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 pm no top tier QB is going to consider MN....we have no OL. We have an out dated Coach who refuses input from others. Nothing good will happen till Wilf cleans house......good luck with that.
So ... (open can of worms alert) ... you're saying Kirk Cousins is a top-tier quarterback?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:14 pm

So ... (open can of worms alert) ... you're saying Kirk Cousins is a top-tier quarterback?
12,166 yards, 91 touchdowns, and 29 interceptions so yeah
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:02 pm There are rumors of Wilson being disgruntled and unhappy with the Seahawks. If he demands a trade, would you guys move Kirk for him. For me the answer is yes and twice on Sunday.
Depends on what they have to give up to get him.

If you're asking if I'd prefer Wilson over Cousins the answer would be yes as I think Wilson is one of the best QBs in the game.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

no one else really wanted cousins...most GMs knew he was not the guy who commands a Brady Salary.....only SPielman was willing to jump the shark.....and Cousins knows he is not an elite QB but he was offered Elite $$s....so yeah, he came to MN....woo flippin hoo
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Was it just me or did I see someone really say “Wilson isn’t being protected because he’s taking up too much cap space and they can’t afford OL” and then it was deleted?.....

Yeah....that should’ve been deleted
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

He must be. I learned this week he's the same player as DeShaun Watson and Russel Wilson. May as well throw Brady, Brees and Rodgers in the mix too!

We should feel great about this! But for some reason I still don't... :?
i'm ready for a beer.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm
Brilliant analysis. You should be on ESPN.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Brilliant analysis. You should be on ESPN.
I am deaf so that is not going to happen
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:21 pm Was it just me or did I see someone really say “Wilson isn’t being protected because he’s taking up too much cap space and they can’t afford OL” and then it was deleted?.....

Yeah....that should’ve been deleted
It is in a different thread and not deleted because it was a great point. It is not so cut and dry like your quote that isn't a quote, and there is more to it than just the cap, but Wilson is the 3rd highest paid QB in the NFL and the biggest reason his team can't afford to pay for better Olinemen. He is not an "overrated passer" like some have called him, so he is worth the money, but even with a top 3 QB that kind of cap hit hurts teams.

These QBs, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson complain about the teams around them while eating up 15% of the cap. Not that I blame them for wanting make as much as they can, but if they truly wanted a better team, they would take a pay cut so their team could spend the money on a better line or adding weapons.

I am not alone in my opinion of Wilson's cap hit making it more difficult for Seattle to build an Oline, it is a pretty common opinion among Seahawk fans.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I'd move Kirk just to move Kirk but to see RW in purple...

What's the salary situation ?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014