Next OC for the Vikings?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Next OC for the Vikings? who do you want, not who do you think.

Klint Kubiak
71%
Anthony Lynn
No votes
Hue Jackson
7%
Rick Dennison
No votes
Other
21%

Total votes: 14

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Next OC for the Vikings?

Post by RandyMoss84 »

You can take Anthony Lynn off the list since Anthony is offensive coordinator for the Lions now
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:28 am Sounds like it will be Klimt

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2021/2/5/ ... int-kubiak
And you are going to believe Justin? I will wait until official confirmation that it will be Klint
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:09 am

And you are going to believe Justin? I will wait until official confirmation that it will be Klint
I just looked at PFT and it reports Klint is in.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Ugh :wallbang:
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

And The Winner Is........ KLINT KUBIAK.

Were there really any doubts?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Why is that "ugh"? And you wanted who?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'd certainly believe Justin Jefferson over anything Mike "It's Just a Tweak, and By the Way Stefon Diggs is Our Guy" Zimmer said.

And now that it's official, looks like JJ was on point.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 am

I wanted Gase so he would not leave like Zimmer’s offensive coordinators every year, oh well
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:25 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm

I wanted Gase so he would not leave like Zimmer’s offensive coordinators every year, oh well
Who would want Adam Gase.....ever at this point?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

So the Vikes continue their slide into a non-contending meaningless franchise, making their OC Klint "Daddy's Boy" Kubiak.......showing that Nepotism outranks personal experience and skill......The Vikes ownership/management is truly bargain basement. We are going to be the last rest stop for failed careers.....just disgusting.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:54 pm So the Vikes continue their slide into a non-contending meaningless franchise, making their OC Klint "Daddy's Boy" Kubiak.......showing that Nepotism outranks personal experience and skill......The Vikes ownership/management is truly bargain basement. We are going to be the last rest stop for failed careers.....just disgusting.
I'd like to believe more went into the selection than simply he is the son of the prior OC.

Working relationships are important factors in developing chemistry and high team performance. In that sense, a known beats an unknown, all other things being equal.

Another factor that likely goes into a decision like this is team reputation. How the current players feel is important. Do they respect the younger Kubiak? Has he shown an ability to relate to them and get the most out of them?

The final factor is scheme continuity. While the Vikings didn't get where they wanted to go this year, they did finish 4th overall on offense and several of their offensive players had very good to historic seasons. If there was a side of the ball where you might want to not upset the apple cart, it's the offensive side.

I'm not saying Klint will turn out to be a great offensive coordinator, but I think he deserves a fair chance and more optimism than you and others seem to want to give him.

There seems to be this pervading vibe on the board that the only way forward for the Vikings is a complete blowup and start over or we're all looking at more of the same forever.

I just don't agree with that whether we're talking about Zimmer, the OC, Cousins, or GM. Yeah, there are areas that need improvement, sure. But the team wasn't *that* far away from making the playoffs this year, and that was despite taking some pretty major injury/opt-out hits on the defensive side plus starting basically all rookies at CB with no real offseason development program. They were close in a lot of games against good teams despite that.

They did fall short in the end, but I think their problem areas are obvious and OC isn't one of them. Not rocking the boat in areas where they don't need obvious improvement while focusing on the areas where they do is the best path forward and likely to pay the highest dividends. I think if they can do that they're going to be right in the Superbowl mix next year barring bad luck with injuries. Promoting Klint Kubiak as OC is consistent with that strategy.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:48 pm
chicagopurple wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:54 pm So the Vikes continue their slide into a non-contending meaningless franchise, making their OC Klint "Daddy's Boy" Kubiak.......showing that Nepotism outranks personal experience and skill......The Vikes ownership/management is truly bargain basement. We are going to be the last rest stop for failed careers.....just disgusting.
I'd like to believe more went into the selection than simply he is the son of the prior OC.

Working relationships are important factors in developing chemistry and high team performance. In that sense, a known beats an unknown, all other things being equal.

Another factor that likely goes into a decision like this is team reputation. How the current players feel is important. Do they respect the younger Kubiak? Has he shown an ability to relate to them and get the most out of them?

The final factor is scheme continuity. While the Vikings didn't get where they wanted to go this year, they did finish 4th overall on offense and several of their offensive players had very good to historic seasons. If there was a side of the ball where you might want to not upset the apple cart, it's the offensive side.

I'm not saying Klint will turn out to be a great offensive coordinator, but I think he deserves a fair chance and more optimism than you and others seem to want to give him.

There seems to be this pervading vibe on the board that the only way forward for the Vikings is a complete blowup and start over or we're all looking at more of the same forever.

I just don't agree with that whether we're talking about Zimmer, the OC, Cousins, or GM. Yeah, there are areas that need improvement, sure. But the team wasn't *that* far away from making the playoffs this year, and that was despite taking some pretty major injury/opt-out hits on the defensive side plus starting basically all rookies at CB with no real offseason development program. They were close in a lot of games against good teams despite that.

They did fall short in the end, but I think their problem areas are obvious and OC isn't one of them. Not rocking the boat in areas where they don't need obvious improvement while focusing on the areas where they do is the best path forward and likely to pay the highest dividends. I think if they can do that they're going to be right in the Superbowl mix next year barring bad luck with injuries. Promoting Klint Kubiak as OC is consistent with that strategy.
Are you going to say the same thing about Ryan Ficken? If Klint does a great job, he will leave for a head coaching job or offensive coordinator elsewhere and you will be crying and whining wishing that Klint never got promoted and Vikings hire a crappy offensive coordinator like Gase so Gase would never leave and you would be happy that Vikings finally does not have a offensive coordinator that leaves every year
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:48 pm

7 out of 16 teams made the playoffs. It's easy and we still didn't do it.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

it is delusional to think we are "near the cusp".
we have NO OL
We have a out dated Head Coach who doesnt take advise and alienates his players
We have an aging defense and some of the best components have injuries which may be long term
We have a HUGE financial commitment to a middling QB who has shown no ability to lead when it matters
We have aGM who has a decade of evidence proving he is incapable of building an OL or wisely finding a top teir QB
Had we crawled into the post season, we would have been embarrassed in the first game and sent home to lick our wounds....AGAIN