Cleveland Browns

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Cleveland Browns

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:31 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:58 pm Browns Chiefs game was one of the best games I've seen in a while. Watching all the other games as well, the Vikings are not, and have not recently been in the same league as these teams, maybe except for the 2017 team. I vote to blow up the entire team (gm, coach, QB) and start over.

So glad the Saints are out. Got mad respect for Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers is on another level. Brady is proving Bill needed him more. Also shows what a change in QB can do to a team. So happy for Diggs. I'm glad he's in Buffalo, he deserves to play with a QB like Allen. I wish the Vikings had a coach like Reid. That 4th down play with Henne was unbelievable . Balls.

It's going to be fun week.
The fourth-down call was vintage Reid, but Henne won the game on the play before when he scrambled on 3rd and 14. That was incredible. Truly was a great football game.

I'm also glad the Saints are out, but I couldn't care less about Brady. I'm tired of him, and I'm tired of Rodgers. Too bad they can't both lose.

Go Bills, I guess. If we can't win it all, I'd rather some other long-suffering fans get a title than any of the other three.
I have mixed feelings about the Bills because Vikings and Bills are 0-4 in Superbowls so if Bills win a Superbowl then it would hurt to see Bills win before Vikings do
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:58 pm Browns Chiefs game was one of the best games I've seen in a while. Watching all the other games as well, the Vikings are not, and have not recently been in the same league as these teams, maybe except for the 2017 team. I vote to blow up the entire team (gm, coach, QB) and start over.

So glad the Saints are out. Got mad respect for Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers is on another level. Brady is proving Bill needed him more. Also shows what a change in QB can do to a team. So happy for Diggs. I'm glad he's in Buffalo, he deserves to play with a QB like Allen. I wish the Vikings had a coach like Reid. That 4th down play with Henne was unbelievable . Balls.

Rodgers has always been on another level. But below is something I found out.
Aaron Rodgers has played in four conference championship games. None of them have been at Lambeau Field.
That was a shock. Now he is at home. But Brady is still playing well at 43 which is beyond belief. But hitting the road always makes it harder. Looks like Brady has something to prove. I give him tons of credit. Bill knows he needs him. He just won't admit it. On our side we have 8 more years of Rodgers to deal with.
Zim is 4-7-1 against him. If you blow it up who do you suggest we get. Don't say any Ram coaches we just witnessed their effort. Zim could do that.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 pm

Aaron Rodgers has played in four conference championship games. None of them have been at Lambeau Field.
That was a shock. Now he is at home. But Brady is still playing well at 43 which is beyond belief. But hitting the road always makes it harder. Looks like Brady has something to prove. I give him tons of credit. Bill knows he needs him. He just won't admit it. On our side we have 8 more years of Rodgers to deal with.
Zim is 4-7-1 against him. If you blow it up who do you suggest we get. Don't say any Ram coaches we just witnessed their effort. Zim could do that.
Rodgers is going to play until he is 45?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 pm
Rodgers is going to play until he is 45?
That's his goal.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I’m definitely cheering for the AFC champ in the Super Bowl that’s for sure. Reid made some gutsy calls, actually went for it twice on fourth down with a backup QB. The Browns played them close. Bills have Diggs and Frazier.

As much as I don’t care for Brady, I’ll take the Bucs over the Pack.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingLord wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm
Mothman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm I agree and in each case, I think Vikings ownership felt they had their head coach in place already.
So I asked Stumphunter this question and I'd like to ask you. Likewise, I apologize if you already threw some names out as I've been more focused on researching the upcoming draft, but do you have any names that would give you reason for optimism if Spielman and/or Zimmer were replaced this offseason?
I could toss out some of the "usual suspects": assistant coaches, executives, etc. who are written about as the best candidates for open jobs but honestly, I just want someone who instills the optimism you mentioned from the start, someone with an encouraging track record, fresh ideas, good people skills and knowledge of the game. Without interviewing, I don't know who that is but based on what I've read, there's no shortage of candidates. I think there are always worthy coaches and execs in the ranks. They just need to be found and put in the right situation, which is obviously easier said than done.

What I don't want is stubborn, which is what the Vikings hired with both Childress and Zimmer, neither of whom were strong in the "people skills" department. I want a GM with some vision who builds logically and a coach with a vision for the team and the flexibility to get the most of out his personnel.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

S197 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 am I’m definitely cheering for the AFC champ in the Super Bowl that’s for sure. Reid made some gutsy calls, actually went for it twice on fourth down with a backup QB. The Browns played them close. Bills have Diggs and Frazier.

Bucs and Bills is what I am rooting for. I don't mind Brady as much as I dislike Bill, and Brady winning it all after leaving the Pats would tarnish Bill's legacy as the GOAT HC.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:47 am
S197 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 am I’m definitely cheering for the AFC champ in the Super Bowl that’s for sure. Reid made some gutsy calls, actually went for it twice on fourth down with a backup QB. The Browns played them close. Bills have Diggs and Frazier.

Bucs and Bills is what I am rooting for. I don't mind Brady as much as I dislike Bill, and Brady winning it all after leaving the Pats would tarnish Bill's legacy as the GOAT HC.
If Brady can come out victorious, I will be truly impressed. He's had an amazing run, but I think he abhors the cold and once the Packers get him on the ground a few times, I think it will be game over for the Bucs.

On the bright side, how much fun will it be to watch a Rodgers vs. Mahomes Superbowl? That promises to be a very entertaining game no matter how one feels about either QB or either team.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:59 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:47 am

If Brady can come out victorious, I will be truly impressed. He's had an amazing run, but I think he abhors the cold and once the Packers get him on the ground a few times, I think it will be game over for the Bucs.

On the bright side, how much fun will it be to watch a Rodgers vs. Mahomes Superbowl? That promises to be a very entertaining game no matter how one feels about either QB or either team.
I sure hope not, I do not want Chiefs or Packers winning another championship, screw them both
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Since the 80s, the Bills have been my second team. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, or the NFL gods like to make me suffer, or I'm just straight up bad luck :lol: . I'd love to see them win it. Definitely cheering for whoever represents the AFC.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:32 pm Since the 80s, the Bills have been my second team. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, or the NFL gods like to make me suffer, or I'm just straight up bad luck :lol: . I'd love to see them win it. Definitely cheering for whoever represents the AFC.
Bills are a solid team and very resilient. I think they'll give KC a run for its money, but in the end if it comes to late heroics I'd have to give the edge to Mahomes. Of the two championship games this weekend, KC-Bills should be the more entertaining.