Cleveland Browns

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Cleveland Browns

Post by Husker Vike »

Watching the Browns take it to the Steelers, I saw that Mike Priefer was the on field coach while head coach Kevin Stefanski was home with Covid19, made me smile to see a couple of ex Vikings having a great night.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Cleveland Browns

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Richardson, Sendejo, and Keenum are also on the Browns.
Leslie Frazier, Heath Farwell and Diggs in Buffalo
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Husker Vike wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:39 pm Watching the Browns take it to the Steelers, I saw that Mike Priefer was the on field coach while head coach Kevin Stefanski was home with Covid19, made me smile to see a couple of ex Vikings having a great night.
I wonder if Kevin Stefanski would be considered part of the Childress coaching tree, the Frazier tree, or the Zimmer tree. :lol:

Seriously, I’m happy for the guy. Big accomplishment to not only get the Browns into the playoffs but actually win a game.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Sadly, We Vikes are more like the Bears than the Browns.....how pitiful that we have sunk to the level that leaves me jealous of Cleveland!!! Ugh......
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 am
Husker Vike wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:39 pm Watching the Browns take it to the Steelers, I saw that Mike Priefer was the on field coach while head coach Kevin Stefanski was home with Covid19, made me smile to see a couple of ex Vikings having a great night.
I wonder if Kevin Stefanski would be considered part of the Childress coaching tree, the Frazier tree, or the Zimmer tree. :lol:

Seriously, I’m happy for the guy. Big accomplishment to not only get the Browns into the playoffs but actually win a game.
Vikings should have fired Zimmer and hired Stefanski :wallbang:
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

We have a knack for letting the best coaching prospects walk. That goes back decades.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

StanM wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 am We have a knack for letting the best coaching prospects walk. That goes back decades.
It is really sad isn’t it? If that did not happen then Vikings would have multiple championships
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 am Sadly, We Vikes are more like the Bears than the Browns.....how pitiful that we have sunk to the level that leaves me jealous of Cleveland!!! Ugh......
Eh, I wouldnt go that far. The Browns are probably the most embarrassing franchise in the NFL in the last 20 years. One good year doesnt really change that.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 am

Vikings should have fired Zimmer and hired Stefanski :wallbang:
Has Stefanski won a Superbowl? Did I miss that?

I thought the criticism of Zimmer here was that his teams make the playoffs every other year and haven't won a Superbowl yet.

The Browns haven't made the playoffs for over a decade. Stefanski got them there for the first time this year.

That isn't to take anything away from Stefanski, or even to say that he won't prove to be a more successful coach than Zimmer.

But come on - neither the Bills nor the Browns with their current coaching staffs have done anything more than Zimmer has achieved in his time as the Vikings head coach. It's a little early (and unjustified) to start rending our hair and tearing at the dirt in lament at the coaches the Vikings have allowed to advance their careers elsewhere.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

All lesser known but awesome vikings. Don't forget Eric Bieniemy who was our running back coach for years and Latavius Murray with the Saints.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Just adding, Cleveland’s like Detroit. Always stinking. Always finding ways to screw up a draft, a season, or playoff hopes. I think stefanski had a great season getting there. Will also add, they faced a share of covid related issues as well....

I ampm also elated Steelers are out.... never liked them since they beat us in SB.... don’t like or care for Big Ben, tired of steeler hype,...

500 yards passing should win the fpgame, sounds great,,, 4 picks not so much
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am Richardson, Sendejo, and Keenum are also on the Browns.
Browns fans wish Sendejo WASN'T on the Browns. PFF's 62 out of 63 qualifying graded safeties. He got the start because of injuries and Stefanski just didn't have the heart to bench one of his guys. Wonder where he learned that from?

Just as an aside, the guy we cut to make room for Sendejo last year is now a starting safety for the Eagles and playing great.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Stephanski deserves much credit. He worked his way up from the bottom. Looks like Childress hired him with us. It's hard to make the playoffs and then to win a game is that much harder. It gives there fans hope at least.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:20 pm
Browns fans wish Sendejo WASN'T on the Browns. PFF's 62 out of 63 qualifying graded safeties.
How many Browns fans did you poll to come to that conclusion?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 am Richardson, Sendejo, and Keenum are also on the Browns.
I didn't know Farwell was with the Bills.