Justin Jefferson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Justin Jefferson

Post by VikingLord »

Just to add to this, I'm sure some of you have seen this article https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jef ... tone-bears, but to sum:
With three games remaining in the regular season, he's just five catches away from surpassing Randy Moss' 69 in 1998 and setting a new Vikings record for receptions by a rookie. Currently at 1,078 receiving yards, Jefferson needs 236 more to also pass Moss' record for receiving yards by a rookie.
I know Diggs is good and all, but Diggs was never in the same room when it came to what Moss did during his years as a Viking (rookie or otherwise).

Moss's rookie season was magic. He split a lot of receptions with Carter and Reed that year and the Vikings had a solid run game that balanced the passing game that might have pulled the reins back a bit on Moss's final stats that year, but JJ is right there in that same conversation, and that's despite not starting in the first two games this season.

Pretty impressive.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

An interesting take on the Jefferson/Cousins exchange. It looks like the frustration stemmed from a previous play where Jefferson was open. During the game I heard, "####....flag!" So I thought at first he felt he was interfered with but others in chat heard him mention Kirk. Telling Cousins to throw the flag route makes a lot of sense.

https://twitter.com/FriesFootball/statu ... 0349813761

I kinda disagree with this guy that throwing the 2-yard check down to Cook was the right decision but in any case, it sheds a little more light on what happened in that series.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Justin has 151 yards left to break Randy's yards record, can Justin do it against the Lions?
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Something I know that has been said in this thread, and during the game chat. I love how many of JJs receptions have gone for 1st downs. It was noticeable early in the season (think his 1st game starting, all but one reception went for a 1st down). He runs good routes, right depth, clean breaks. Appears to be very aware of situations.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

You guys probably saw this, but Drew Brees sent JJ home with a signed #9 jersey after their game on Christmas Day.

Here’s what Brees wrote:

“To JJ, you are the next generation of great ones! Keep Ballin'! More importantly, keep inspiring!”

Very high praise indeed.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:51 pm You guys probably saw this, but Drew Brees sent JJ home with a signed #9 jersey after their game on Christmas Day.

Here’s what Brees wrote:

“To JJ, you are the next generation of great ones! Keep Ballin'! More importantly, keep inspiring!”

Very high praise indeed.
I can not stand Brees but that is very classy of him, he has my respect!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

the rest of the league will be going after recruiting JJ away, and I am fairly certain he will take a good offer. A better Coach who can relate to and shmooze todays player, a better QB to help him shine, and a big paycheck. He will take an offer.......
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

chicagopurple wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am the rest of the league will be going after recruiting JJ away, and I am fairly certain he will take a good offer. A better Coach who can relate to and shmooze todays player, a better QB to help him shine, and a big paycheck. He will take an offer.......
Your'e "fairly certain"? What are you basing this on? He has a fully guaranteed contract for four years.

Holy cow dude, four years ago Case Keenum and Sam Bradford were our QB's. We re-signed Moritz Böhringer, Terrence Newman and Brian Robison. We re-signed Theilen for 3 years/$17M. We signed Reiff for FIVE YEARS FIFTY NINE MIL. We signed Nick Truesdell away from the Cleveland Gladiators! Shurmur, Stefanski (and Sporano :( ) were on staff.

My point? The entire NFL landscape will be different by the time the 2023 season rolls around.

For now though I'd prefer they concentrate on getting their act together for 2021.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Anyone else notice how happy Stefon Diggs is with Josh Allen and co. ??? Having a lot of fun.
The bond created in a short amount of time is unreal.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:31 am Anyone else notice how happy Stefon Diggs is with Josh Allen and co. ??? Having a lot of fun.
I definitely took notice of that last night. Riddick even said it during the game that Diggs may have been viewed as a "Bad Apple" in Minnesota but is a team leader and a teammate favorite in Buffalo.
I had to ask the question to myself.
I said " OK self, Diggs is the model citizen and teammate right now , he is the Bills #1 WR and obviously Allen's favorite target. Allen is a helluva young QB with a very bright future. The kid extends plays and uses that cannon arm to make things happen when things breakdown. Diggs is the focus, Allen is definitely looking for him to throw to, he is and making $$$$$. So of course he is happy right now.
What is gonna happen if things go sideways? If Diggs isn't getting all the throws and isn't the main focus on O. If Allen hits a slide and isn't playing well. Will Diggs continue to be a leader? Will he stay happy and step up and be a vet who tries to lift the team and be the leader the Bills see now? Or will he regress to what he " reportedly" became at the end in Minny?
And it also brings up the question " Was Diggs really this guy all along but was just absolutely sick of the WHOLE situation in Minny? The QB, the offensive play calling, the way he was being used, the coaching etc etc etc etc ?

I am not saying at all that was the case. Just asking that question and wondering myself.

It will be interesting to follow this situation and see what comes out of it.

But one thing I do know is obvious , Allen and Diggs are definitely on the same page now and are really really good together.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I have been wondering the same questions
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

There is a lot to like about Jefferson both on and off the field. The thing that stands out to me is his maturity and humility in interviews. He obviously had a good upbringing and has his head in the right place.

As far as Diggs goes he is no doubt a great wide receiver but I got fed up with his passive aggressive antics. He would behave like a diva then deny that he had done so. I’m not opposed to players who decide to pursue a more lucrative contract but don’t care for the ones who torch their former teams to force the trade. I saw recently on Skor North they were discussing how he is still taking shots at the Vikings. I think we will all agree that the Vikings aren’t a perfect organization but they did give Diggs his first opportunity. I see no reason for Diggs to be upset with the Vikings. It didn’t work out, you got your trade and big contract. Get over it.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

IIsweet wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:31 am Anyone else notice how happy Stefon Diggs is with Josh Allen and co. ??? Having a lot of fun.
Yeah, good for Diggs! The trade worked out well for both teams which is good to see
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Diggs seems to be doing great in Buffalo. I wasn't a fan of the trade at the time. I am glad JJ has been everything and more we thought he might be. Diggs and Allen are really clicking. At one point they quoted Diggs as saying how "real" Josh Allen is. Seemed a little diggy, almost made me wonder how truthful the statement is. I'm glad it's working for both parties. That is how a trade should work imho. It makes it where the front offices maintain a strong relationship and future trust for potential trading partners.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm glad the trade worked out for both teams. Buffalo is an easy team to root for, similar history to the Vikings, and that Bills mafia is crazy loyal.

As for being a "diva" I think it remains to be seen. Diggs got nothing but praise here for many years. I don't recall him cussing out his QB as a rookie...