4th Quarter Cousins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 4th Quarter Cousins

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm To the delight of some I've been gone for a long time, but it's just too damn depressing coming here to read all the whining when we lose or have a losing record. We have an above average team right now that in a couple years I believe will be a very strong contender to win it all.
The 1-5 start to the season was a combination of so many new players and some bad luck. The 5-1 rebound IMO is much more indicative on the team we are.
If Vikings win a Superbowl, they would still whine about it
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:14 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:08 pm
Yes he is. We win a game and he's whining because we didn't win it good enough. Just imagine if we had lost. I don't have time for that crap.
Pointing out reality isn't whining.

Do you think barely beating two bad teams and losing to THE worst team in football since week 5 over the past 3 games is a sign that this team is above average?
A win is a win is a win. Whining about winning is whining no matter what.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Frozen Rope wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:13 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:19 pm To the delight of some I've been gone for a long time, but it's just too damn depressing coming here to read all the whining when we lose or have a losing record. We have an above average team right now that in a couple years I believe will be a very strong contender to win it all.
The 1-5 start to the season was a combination of so many new players and some bad luck. The 5-1 rebound IMO is much more indicative on the team we are.
Glad you’re back VV
Thanks. :D
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 am
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:14 pm
Pointing out reality isn't whining.

Do you think barely beating two bad teams and losing to THE worst team in football since week 5 over the past 3 games is a sign that this team is above average?
Yep.

Welcome back, dude.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:08 pm
I’ve said this all along. Some just refuse to give any credit where credit is due. It’s like we aren’t allow to be excited for the team and the direction it’s heading. I second whoever said to get him off the board in the teddy thread. It would be a much happier place to chat vikings and not have to worry about getting your hand slapped every time you say good job.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:21 am

I’ve said this all along. Some just refuse to give any credit where credit is due. It’s like we aren’t allow to be excited for the team and the direction it’s heading. I second whoever said to get him off the board in the teddy thread. It would be a much happier place to chat vikings and not have to worry about getting your hand slapped every time you say good job.
I agree!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

https://purplepainforums.com/thread/411 ... lTo=194825
Yup, there's Kirk tied for the 3rd worst at making comebacks. Under my new criteria, Kirk gets credit for the 4th quarter comeback against the Packers in 2018 where Carlson missed 3 FGs. Outside of that, Kirk has been unable to bring this team back. So has Matt Ryan, who has suffered through some bad defenses, but he's also guilty of failing to take advantage when they jump ou to big leads, but end up blowing the game. Darnold, Winston, and Jones are just sucky QBs who surprisingly are not good at making comebacks.
4th quarter Cousins :point:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I had to leave the game chat yesterday. As soon as Tampa Bay took the lead, the naysayers came out of the woodwork. No matter what I said, somebody had a negative response. Like you said, PHP, you get slapped just for rooting for a good play.

If we were in a bar watching the game together, we wouldn't be complaining about the things that get complained about on that chat, or trotting out the same old tired arguments we see on this board every day. We'd be raising beers and yelling for our team. Why can't we just do that on game day?

Sure, the Vikings have made us suffer over the years, but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm. The game chat sure can though.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 pm

I had to leave the game chat yesterday. As soon as Tampa Bay took the lead, the naysayers came out of the woodwork. No matter what I said, somebody had a negative response. Like you said, PHP, you get slapped just for rooting for a good play.

If we were in a bar watching the game together, we wouldn't be complaining about the things that get complained about on that chat, or trotting out the same old tired arguments we see on this board every day. We'd be raising beers and yelling for our team. Why can't we just do that on game day?

Sure, the Vikings have made us suffer over the years, but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm. The game chat sure can though.
100% Kapp. This is the exact reason why I've backed off the game chat the past few weeks. We'll need to get some beers together one day!
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 pm I had to leave the game chat yesterday.
I was there but the only one who knew it was my backspace key, which got a workout.

Back (20 or so years ago) when I coached at the youth level, as a 100% volunteer of course, I had parents whine from time to time about one thing or another. I got to carrying around a clipboard with a blank sheet of paper, and if any whining started I would hand them the clipboard and tell them “welcome aboard, glad to have you”. Invariably met with “uh, uh, ah, oh?, uh, uh…”.

And the ones who may have had an imagined solution invariably sound like these "idea" guys (one of my favorite commercials of all time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M7A34b6Rw
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

I just recently was sitting in a bar during the Packer Indy game just outside of Green Bay and I can tell you that even that deluded fanbase trots out the same old tropes about the HC, Oline, CBs and even QB when things go poorly for their team. It is how some fans cope with losing and how they vent.

That was an awesome experience btw, sitting there, watching those idiots lose their minds. They got super quiet when all those holding penalties were being called on Indy, as even they were uncomfortable with how blatant the ref bias was for their team. Then completely lost it when it became clear they were going to lose. It was awesome.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:15 am

I just recently was sitting in a bar during the Packer Indy game just outside of Green Bay and I can tell you that even that deluded fanbase trots out the same old tropes about the HC, Oline, CBs and even QB when things go poorly for their team. It is how some fans cope with losing and how they vent.

That was an awesome experience btw, sitting there, watching those idiots lose their minds. They got super quiet when all those holding penalties were being called on Indy, as even they were uncomfortable with how blatant the ref bias was for their team. Then completely lost it when it became clear they were going to lose. It was awesome.
What a BEAUTIFUL life experience you were able to enjoy. Those are the memories that later on on life will bring you continued joy and satisfaction. Kinda like when Barr crushed Erin and Wonnum blasted Erin from behind and made him fumble on the last play of the game. Sweet Precious memories!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 am
Yep.

Welcome back, dude.
Thanks, My comeback kind of fizzled out. Next year with a healthy D and one of the best offenses in the league I'm expecting very good things.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

We benefited from a very easy schedule this year, plus being in a division where we get to play the Bears and Lions twice. Next year we face a far more challenging schedule. We just barely beat one of the worst teams in the league this week and only won due to a bogus roughing the passer call (thanks refs!). Our defense was miserable against a team that is falling apart.
Look at Cousins record against teams with winning records....he is 7-33 I believe.....so dont buy your superbowl tickets quite yet.
We need an entirely new OL.....Spielman has not shown a single glimmer of understanding how to build an OL in the last decade.Zim is an out dated dinosaur, NOT a defensive guru.
The one certainty that may be in our favor is that A Rodgers is just getting older so GB may be weaker next year, but , unlike MN, they have a good history of finding and developing QB talent.....
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

My one big gripe with Rick he hasn't learned from his previous experiences.
If something would happen to Cousins, how do you think Mannion would do?
He wouldn't last the season and it would be a mad scramble for a QB.
I can't figure out why Rick doesn't invest in a better backup QB. No excuses

And Ricks Offensive Line is a joke. How many years to fix that? :oops:

4th quarter Cousins is 51-51-2 for his career. 25-22 -1 with the Vikings.
With 2 one and done playoff wins in 10 years. :whistle:

If you was a GM looking for a QB would you pay Cousins big money for that record?