Vikings vs. Jaguars Post-Game Show

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Vikings vs. Jaguars Post-Game Show

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Well a win's a win, even if it was butt ugly.
Raz
Veteran

Re: Vikings vs. Jaguars Post-Game Show

Post by Raz »

Not so much about the game But there is a streaming tv deal that works pretty good if u have decent internet. It has a football section among other things, it’s called big Erns TV. 15 bucks a month for one tv
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

What gets me is that for the vast majority of the game, the Vikings' defense, even though it was overmatched and inexperienced, played their butts off. They gave up a score on the first drive, but then really settled down. Jacksonville could do nothing. Mike Glennon turned back into Mike Glennon. But ... when it was crunch time, Zimmer went into his predictable prevent defense, and in the process, makes Mike Glennon look like Joe Montana.

The team came out flat today, especially on offense. But they regrouped and put up 450 yards. Still, we gave up another defensive touchdown and fumbled away a touchdown of our own because Dalvin Cook forgets how to take a handoff. Silly crap. Yet even with all that, if not for Dan Bailey shanking extra points, there's no overtime.

Someday this team is going to win a championship. I just hope to God I'm alive to see it. I know this isn't the year. Anybody with eyes can see that. But I was really hoping they were building toward something in the very near future. Not so sure now. I'm glad they won. Now they get Tampa Bay coming off a bye. I don't like our chances. But hey. Hope springs eternal.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:34 pm What gets me is that for the vast majority of the game, the Vikings' defense, even though it was overmatched and inexperienced, played their butts off. They gave up a score on the first drive, but then really settled down. Jacksonville could do nothing. Mike Glennon turned back into Mike Glennon. But ... when it was crunch time, Zimmer went into his predictable prevent defense, and in the process, makes Mike Glennon look like Joe Montana.

The team came out flat today, especially on offense. But they regrouped and put up 450 yards. Still, we gave up another defensive touchdown and fumbled away a touchdown of our own because Dalvin Cook forgets how to take a handoff. Silly crap. Yet even with all that, if not for Dan Bailey shanking extra points, there's no overtime.

Someday this team is going to win a championship. I just hope to God I'm alive to see it. I know this isn't the year. Anybody with eyes can see that. But I was really hoping they were building toward something in the very near future. Not so sure now. I'm glad they won. Now they get Tampa Bay coming off a bye. I don't like our chances. But hey. Hope springs eternal.
Good post Kapp. I’m hoping that the law of averages kicks in and we have a solid game from start to finish. We’re due. I think one of the reasons so many of us like this team is there’s no quit in them. This, despite some of our key players being out and our need to fill some weak spots on the roster. But, many of our rookies have been thrown in and are playing better than most of us could have imagined. And they just get better with each game. We’ve got challenges ahead but I feel like we are retooling rather than rebuilding. I mentioned one time that I was a long time Lions fan (60’s) as I’m from western michigan. Yet, in all those years we knew there was no hope, not even a sniff of something great. Our most fun years were watching Barry Sanders. That was our highlight for being a loyal fan for 60 years. Honestly, we would have given anything to have a GM like Spielman.
You have to be a lions fan to understand that. You guys at least have been in the hunt. But I digress.
Looking at all the upsets yesterday, anybody can beat anyone on a given day. Why not us, why not now. Longshot, but this team is developing character with all these gut wrenching wins.
TheCoolerOne
Transition Player

Post by TheCoolerOne »

Interesting to watch the Browns go into full Zimmer-mode in the second half of their game yesterday.

Stefanski learned from the best, though. Get a big lead, sit on it no matter what happens, win only because the clock wouldn't permit the opposing team to do so.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

TheCoolerOne wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:02 am Interesting to watch the Browns go into full Zimmer-mode in the second half of their game yesterday.

Stefanski learned from the best, though. Get a big lead, sit on it no matter what happens, win only because the clock wouldn't permit the opposing team to do so.
So true, he’s highly contagious
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Most of us will agree that the Vikings seem to have always been one of those teams that can beat any team, no matter how good, or lose to any team, no matter how bad. Seems like that is no more truer than this year. The problem is they just have no consistency. This is not the kind of team that can string together a stretch of very good play. And if by chance they do, coaching will step in and make some horrible game decision to blow it.

What the do give us is hope, and that's something. It's a lot more than other teams give their fans.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Happy that we pulled out the win in this one, but why were Zimmer and Kubiak acting like we were up 24 points with 7 minutes to go when we were only up 5 points? Seems like Zim has doubled-down on being conservative after his brief departure in the Seattle game. And how many times now under Zimmer have we said "everything that could go wrong is going wrong"? Seems like a few times a year now.

Another game we won in spite of our head coach.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

TSonn wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:26 am Happy that we pulled out the win in this one, but why were Zimmer and Kubiak acting like we were up 24 points with 7 minutes to go when we were only up 5 points? Seems like Zim has doubled-down on being conservative after his brief departure in the Seattle game. And how many times now under Zimmer have we said "everything that could go wrong is going wrong"? Seems like a few times a year now.

I have completely come to the conclusion that Zimmer should be a defensive coordinator and not a head coach. It has gotten to the point where at least once a game I scream at my TV "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?"
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Cam Danztler had an excellent game. He was targeted seven times, and allowed only one reception for three yards... the same reception that he forced a fumble on!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikeFanInEagleLand wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:10 am
TSonn wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:26 am Happy that we pulled out the win in this one, but why were Zimmer and Kubiak acting like we were up 24 points with 7 minutes to go when we were only up 5 points? Seems like Zim has doubled-down on being conservative after his brief departure in the Seattle game. And how many times now under Zimmer have we said "everything that could go wrong is going wrong"? Seems like a few times a year now.

I have completely come to the conclusion that Zimmer should be a defensive coordinator and not a head coach. It has gotten to the point where at least once a game I scream at my TV "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?"
Once? You have some self-restraint! This game had me yelling that at least a few times.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 am Cam Danztler had an excellent game. He was targeted seven times, and allowed only one reception for three yards... the same reception that he forced a fumble on!
I knew he played well, but I didn't realize he played THAT well. Good find on the stats. And a great game for a kid who's already been through a lot in his short career.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 am Cam Danztler had an excellent game. He was targeted seven times, and allowed only one reception for three yards... the same reception that he forced a fumble on!
I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was shadowing Chark for a lot of the game and Chark barely did anything. Chark is a pretty good receiver and although some of that may have been lack of chemistry with Glennon, Dantzler did a heck of a job keeping him in check.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:07 pm
I knew he played well, but I didn't realize he played THAT well. Good find on the stats. And a great game for a kid who's already been through a lot in his short career.
i cant even remember who played qb for the jags or name one wr. i dont think we should get too excited.
i do like Gladney and Danzler tho.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014