Venting about the stupid Packers

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Venting about the stupid Packers

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm watching Green Bay vs. Jacksonville, and I simply cannot believe the calls the Packers get on a routine basis.

They call J'ville for the same 12-man penalty they called against the Vikings ... once again, the 12th man appeared to be off the field.

On the same play, they called roughing the passer. The rusher grabbed Rodgers around one leg below the knee, but did not even take him down. It was about like a 5-year-old grabbing his daddy's leg.

Then Rodgers gets rushed and throws the ball away. He's clearly not out of the tackle box, but the refs say, "There is no intentional grounding, as the quarterback was outside the tackle box." Rodgers was dropping straight back and wasn't close to out of the tackle box.

All this happened on TWO PLAYS.

It makes me so sick how many calls this team gets.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Venting about the stupid Packers

Post by RandyMoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:15 pm I'm watching Green Bay vs. Jacksonville, and I simply cannot believe the calls the Packers get on a routine basis.

They call J'ville for the same 12-man penalty they called against the Vikings ... once again, the 12th man appeared to be off the field.

On the same play, they called roughing the passer. The rusher grabbed Rodgers around one leg below the knee, but did not even take him down. It was about like a 5-year-old grabbing his daddy's leg.

Then Rodgers gets rushed and throws the ball away. He's clearly not out of the tackle box, but the refs say, "There is no intentional grounding, as the quarterback was outside the tackle box." Rodgers was dropping straight back and wasn't close to out of the tackle box.

You should have gotten used to it a long time ago, remember the referees missed 9 called against the Packers that Vikings should have won?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/2002/1211/1475659.html
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:27 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:15 pm I'm watching Green Bay vs. Jacksonville, and I simply cannot believe the calls the Packers get on a routine basis.

You should have gotten used to it a long time ago, remember the referees missed 9 called against the Packers that Vikings should have won?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/2002/1211/1475659.html
I'll never get used to it. I'm astounded every time.

The refs also took two touchdowns off the board for Jacksonville. On one of them, they called holding on a guy who was blocking nobody.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
copperT2
Waterboy

Post by copperT2 »

they never fixed their run D and now Brady can throw 3 int and still get to superbowl

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/nfl/super-bowl-betting

still think even a banged up mahomes can moonwalk to this one.

odds still heavily in favor. tempting to have a pop on TB tho.