Vikings will no longer allow fans at games

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings will no longer allow fans at games

Post by RandyMoss84 »

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings will no longer allow fans at games

Post by chicagopurple »

things are rapidly worsening and once flu hits it will be far worse than what we have already seen. Mass gatherings are just an exercise in idiocy. This pandemic is one big IQ test and many states are failing miserably....
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

As much as we'd all love to go to a game at USB, this is wise.

I came down with Covid just over 10 days ago, and I had pretty acute symptoms in the beginning. Then my wife got sick, which made me feel absolutely awful. Not only did I give this crud to my wife, but her symptoms were even worse than mine. Since contracting Covid, my attitude toward the virus has changed. It's not that I didn't think it was real, but I admit I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I let my guard down. I'm far from the only one.

This thing is getting worse, and even if a vaccine is fast-tracked, it won't be ready for the masses before the Super Bowl. This is the right call.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Hope all progresses well for you and your wife Kapper!!
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I had a pretty good idea what pandemics are about when this thing started. I was born in 1951 and knew people from my grandparents generation who had survived the 1918 pandemic. I remember a couple of them telling about horse drawn carts going down Twin Cities streets picking up bodies of those who died from it. While I understand the desire to have a home field advantage and those who attend games it’s still not worth the risk. Things are going in the wrong direction, we lost a former neighbor and it went through my sons house and my daughter-in-law had it the worst. May next year be a normal season.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:21 pm As much as we'd all love to go to a game at USB, this is wise.

I came down with Covid just over 10 days ago, and I had pretty acute symptoms in the beginning. Then my wife got sick, which made me feel absolutely awful. Not only did I give this crud to my wife, but her symptoms were even worse than mine. Since contracting Covid, my attitude toward the virus has changed. It's not that I didn't think it was real, but I admit I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I let my guard down. I'm far from the only one.

This thing is getting worse, and even if a vaccine is fast-tracked, it won't be ready for the masses before the Super Bowl. This is the right call.
I had a case of 'sudden confusion', which was unlike anything I've experienced before, back in may or June. It lasted about 30 minutes. At the time, I didn't even think of Covid which I assumed was more exclusively respiratory at that time, but subsequent lists of symptoms have me suspecting that was a symptom of Covid 19. Who knows. The good things (thank god) is that 4 out of 5 people will have no notable symptoms. I got "slowing the curve" but at this point, so many months in, I'm not sure Sweden didn't have the best approach to this bastard.

Here is wishing you and your wife good health and a speedy recovery.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

psjordan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:21 am Hope all progresses well for you and your wife Kapper!!
Thank you. I appreciate that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:57 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:21 pm As much as we'd all love to go to a game at USB, this is wise.

I had a case of 'sudden confusion', which was unlike anything I've experienced before, back in may or June. It lasted about 30 minutes. At the time, I didn't even think of Covid which I assumed was more exclusively respiratory at that time, but subsequent lists of symptoms have me suspecting that was a symptom of Covid 19. Who knows. The good things (thank god) is that 4 out of 5 people will have no notable symptoms. I got "slowing the curve" but at this point, so many months in, I'm not sure Sweden didn't have the best approach to this bastard.

Thanks much. We're both doing a lot better, but we were pretty sick. I was on the verge of taking her to the hospital, which absolutely scared the crap out of me.

I'm back at work today, about 3 hours only because I get so tired. My wife can't go back until next week. She's the CFO of a fairly large company, and they're putting pressure on her to do stuff at home. I wish they'd just leave her alone and let her rest.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I hope both your wife and you fully recover soon.

My adult daughter came down with COVID. She was just starting to feel symptoms and waiting for the results of a test when I sat down less than 3 feet from her for over 30 minutes back in July while we chatted indoors with no masks. I hugged her when she left. I am super careful normally. I wear a mask when I'm out and about, wash my hands, etc. But I let my guard down because after all it's my daughter.

By some act of God I didn't catch COVID from her. I waited 5 days and tested negative. No symptoms. But that shook me up a little.

Luckily my daughter is young and she got through it OK. She lost her sense of taste and smell for a solid 4 months, though.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Glad to hear you and your wife are doing better. Everyone stay safe and hang in there.
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:38 pm
fiestavike wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Thanks much. We're both doing a lot better, but we were pretty sick. I was on the verge of taking her to the hospital, which absolutely scared the crap out of me.

I'm back at work today, about 3 hours only because I get so tired. My wife can't go back until next week. She's the CFO of a fairly large company, and they're putting pressure on her to do stuff at home. I wish they'd just leave her alone and let her rest.
Our prayers are with you and your wife Kapp. Hopefully the worst has passed.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Glad you're feeling better Kapp. Must have been a scary experience.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

Glad Kapp you are feeling better there. Really heard COVID is a lot worse there and if you have the symptoms. Wish it on nobody there. Even my own worst enemy.
Ready for Halloween
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Don't know how I missed this! I'm glad you and yours are feeling better!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Today is actually my first day back at work. My wife, step-son, baby boy and myself were quarantined for 2 weeks because we were "exposed" to someone that tested positive. Luckily, we were all fine and nobody tested positive. However, I have a feeling our schools will shut down soon. A district just up the road from ours shut down until after Thanksgiving. They had to send 32 teachers home last week because they were all exposed to one specific administrator that tested positive. I'm actually surprised our district stayed open this week.

I guess what I dont get is, when you come down with the flu, you have obvious symptoms and KNOW you have the flu. It baffles me that with COVID, most show no symptoms but some show severe symptoms and become really sick. I guess I just dont know enough about it still but does that not baffle anyone else? One of my best friends has it right now and has no symptoms. The person we were exposed to was my step-sons step-mother. She didnt show any symptoms at all over these last two weeks. Just very confusing to me. But I guess that's why I'm not a doctor lol.

Either way, I'm glad to hear everyone on here is doing well
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri