Lions-Vikings Game Day

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Lions-Vikings Game Day

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I think Vikings will win but anytime Vikings lose to the Lions no matter how good or bad the Lions are, it is always embarrassing because Lions are a terrible franchise
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Lions-Vikings Game Day

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I would like to go on the record to say that the Lions are going to kill us and we have no chance of winning this game.
Why? Because I told a few people that last week and look what happened. So I will say it again.
Hopefully we will sack and harass Stafford the way we have the past few times we played them. In those games he wore Vikes defenders like a velvet robe!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I would like to go on the record to say that the Lions are going to kill us and we have no chance of winning this game.
Why? Because I told a few people that last week and look what happened. So I will say it again.
Hopefully we will sack and harass Stafford the way we have the past few times we played them. In those games he wore Vikes defenders like a velvet robe!!
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Nice win! It looks like the Trevor sweepstakes are over
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Great win. I'm thinking this Dalvin Cook guy is pretty solid.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:55 pm Nice win! It looks like the Trevor sweepstakes are over
The Trevor sweepstakes are done, so now it's time to go for broke. Just win, baby.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Also, just like to note that as legit as Justin Jefferson is, it looks like he's also having a ton of fun on this team right now, which I take as a good sign that this team has legitimately turned a corner and is now the roster is gaining some swagger and confidence.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:30 pm Also, just like to note that as legit as Justin Jefferson is, it looks like he's also having a ton of fun on this team right now, which I take as a good sign that this team has legitimately turned a corner and is now the roster is gaining some swagger and confidence.
Everybody said, "Well, he might be good, but he won't replace Stefon Diggs' production."

Tell you what. He's not far off. Diggs is having by far the best season of his career ... in Year 6. Jefferson is less than 100 receiving yards behind Diggs, 1 TD behind him, and averages almost 7 more yards per catch. Also, Jefferson is on pace for 1,254 yards receiving as a rookie — and he barely played the first two weeks. It took Stefon Diggs 5 years to go over 1,000 for a season.

I think we're just fine with Justin Jefferson.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:41 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:30 pm Also, just like to note that as legit as Justin Jefferson is, it looks like he's also having a ton of fun on this team right now, which I take as a good sign that this team has legitimately turned a corner and is now the roster is gaining some swagger and confidence.
Everybody said, "Well, he might be good, but he won't replace Stefon Diggs' production."

Tell you what. He's not far off. Diggs is having by far the best season of his career ... in Year 6. Jefferson is less than 100 receiving yards behind Diggs, 1 TD behind him, and averages almost 7 more yards per catch. Also, Jefferson is on pace for 1,254 yards receiving as a rookie — and he barely played the first two weeks. It took Stefon Diggs 5 years to go over 1,000 for a season.

I think we're just fine with Justin Jefferson.
I think you might find this tweet to be interesting:

https://twitter.com/VikingsPR/status/13 ... 5283973120

While we're at it, more Dalvin Cook sweetness:

https://twitter.com/NFL345/status/1325550485995196420
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I hope not, that would mean Zimmer and Speilman is staying for another year :wallbang:
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I missed the game

How did the OL look? Was it all individual effort by Cook today or was the OL opening nice lanes? How did they look in pass protection? Just wondering if they are continuing to improve and how Ezra looks at RG

How about the rookies on D?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:14 pm I missed the game

How did the OL look? Was it all individual effort by Cook today or was the OL opening nice lanes? How did they look in pass protection? Just wondering if they are continuing to improve and how Ezra looks at RG

The Oline looked good again today, but the Lions are a terrible pass rushing team. Ezra did well in run blocking and pass blocking.

Wonnum was the standout of the rookies on D and at one point it looked like he took over for Odenigbo at RDE? Nothing from Lynch that I saw but I did stop watching in the 4th. No glaring mistakes from any of the rookies in the secondary.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:16 pm
I hope not, that would mean Zimmer and Speilman is staying for another year :wallbang:
So ... you hope the team has NOT turned a corner?

Interesting.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The O-line was fantastic today, especially in the running game. They are getting better every week. Cleveland is really coming on, as is Bradbury. Certainly Cook is really good, but the guys up front gave him the seams he needed. Detroit's pass rush isn't the greatest, but it's still the NFL, and except for a corner blitz on Cousins' blind side that didn't get picked up, they kept Cousins clean all day.

Rookies on D ... Wonnum was winning a lot of pass rush battles. I thought he got held a lot, but nothing called, as is pretty much normal this season. Gladney looked tons better out there, very quick and in position. Plus he tackled like a young Antoine Winfield. Didn't see much of Lynch today. Dye played a little but wasn't particularly good.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:30 pm

The Oline looked good again today, but the Lions are a terrible pass rushing team. Ezra did well in run blocking and pass blocking.

Wonnum was the standout of the rookies on D and at one point it looked like he took over for Odenigbo at RDE? Nothing from Lynch that I saw but I did stop watching in the 4th. No glaring mistakes from any of the rookies in the secondary.
Thanks StumpHunter!!!!

I am not surprised Wonnum is playing more but I am surprised he’s taking Odenigbo’s snaps and not taking them from Holmes. Although I am not sure how his skill set fits at LDE

Wonnum and Hunter next year could be exciting !!!