Congratulations

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

packerbacker
Practice Squad

Congratulations

Post by packerbacker »

Hats off to you Viking fans on your win over us yesterday. Best wishes on the rest of your season.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Congratulations

Post by RandyMoss84 »

packerbacker wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:53 am Hats off to you Viking fans on your win over us yesterday. Best wishes on the rest of your season.
Thank you! Good luck on the rest of the season! :thumbsup:
packerbacker
Practice Squad

Post by packerbacker »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 am
packerbacker wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:53 am Hats off to you Viking fans on your win over us yesterday. Best wishes on the rest of your season.
It always stings losing to you guys especially in Lambeau. We never wish I’ll will on you guys. I hope you Viking fans are handling 2020 ok, it’s been a tough year for all of us. I hope your staying safe and healthy too. Love you all and God Bless.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

packerbacker wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:58 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:54 am

It always stings losing to you guys especially in Lambeau. We never wish I’ll will on you guys. I hope you Viking fans are handling 2020 ok, it’s been a tough year for all of us. I hope your staying safe and healthy too. Love you all and God Bless.
Yeah, it sucks but I hope you and your family are all okay! Love you too and God bless you too!
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I love the love fest in the midst of a nation full of strident conflicts....Hey while we are at it, lets swap coaches and QBs.............
packerbacker
Practice Squad

Post by packerbacker »

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am I love the love fest in the midst of a nation full of strident conflicts....Hey while we are at it, lets swap coaches and QBs.............
It’s always great games with you guys. I love having you guys as a rival.
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

chicagopurple wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am I love the love fest in the midst of a nation full of strident conflicts....Hey while we are at it, lets swap coaches and QBs.............
I approve this message. :thumbsup:
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I appreciate the well-wishes, but...

The Packers should not have lost to the Vikings yesterday, and certainly not like they lost. I don't say that to rub salt in the wound. I know how much it sucks to watch a loss to a division rival, because lately it seems that's all we Vikings fans have been doing when it comes to games against the Bears and Packers.

No, I say that because this year the Packers are actually a good team, while the Vikings have serious flaws. In the first game between the two where Rodgers played catch-and-pitch and the Packers ran almost at will, and where the Packer front seven made the Vikings OL, TEs, and fullback look like chumps, that was pretty indicative of where these two teams are in terms of coaching, overall talent, and positioning in the playoff conversation.

And yet here we are today, with the Vikings having not just scraped by the Packers on the back of luck or the refs, but beaten them fairly soundly on both sides of the ball. Here we are today with the Packers being sidelined by not just a young secondary, but a secondary that literally had to find a scarecrow in a nearby Wisconsin farm field to put in the secondary when the Vikings were on defense due to injuries. Not injuries just to rookie starters, but injuries to guys who were bagging groceries last week.

It was shocking to see how feeble the Packers looked on both offense and defense yesterday. This is coming from a Vikings fan who has grown accustomed to seeing them look dominant when playing even supposedly good Vikings teams.

It's really puzzling to me to see that. As I said, the 2020 Vikings are not a good team. They are not, nor should they be, nor should any opponent they play even be capable of making them look good. But the Packers, who are a good team and should be capable of pounding a bad team like the Vikings not just into the ground, but through the center of the earth and straight out the other side into China, somehow managed to lose badly to them.

We've been awfully critical of Zimmer and Spielman on this side of the Mississippi as of late, and I think deservedly so. They've managed to take what was a playoff team and turn it into an NFL sideshow that, despite an overall lack of talent and profusion of rookies forced into starting roles across-the-board, still manages to be at or near the salary cap. But if I'm a Packer fan this morning, I'm stepping back and taking a double-take on LaFleur and the Packer management at this point. The Vikings didn't blow the Packers out on the scoreboard, but that game wasn't really competitive either after the 1st quarter. If I'm a Packer fan, I'm asking how something like that happens and what it might mean for the rest of this season. Losing badly to the Bucs is one thing. The Bucs are actually a good team this year. Losing badly to the Vikings is another thing.

And once again, I'm not trying to rub it in. I'm a very rare Vikings fan in that the Packers are my second favorite team. Granted, they are as dear to me as Pluto is near to the sun, but if the Vikings aren't going anywhere I will root for the Packers. So I don't hate the Packers or their fans. No, I'm saying this as someone who sees the Packers as a team that should have a great chance to advance to the Superbowl this year. They've got the experience and talent to do it. The way they walked over the Vikings to open the season suggested they were primed to do it. After watching them lose to the Bucs and then watching how the Vikings handled them yesterday, I'm now wondering if they are a mirage.

Anyway, I hope they recover and get it together. We Vikings fans know our team stinks, but we have hope. It's a young team for the most part and those types of teams can only surprise to the upside. All we see when we look in front of us is a mountain, but at least the only direction is up. The 2020 Packers, on the other hand, can't surprise much to the upside, but the downside looks like a huge cliff, and they seem to be dancing awfully close to the edge of it at times.
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

Thanks packerbacker.... I said many times when it comes to the packers and Vikings. Throw the records out the window. Normally a battle. I believe you are ahead of the Vikings in series history. But I don’t think it’s far from 500
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Foreman44 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:52 pm Thanks packerbacker.... I said many times when it comes to the packers and Vikings. Throw the records out the window. Normally a battle. I believe you are ahead of the Vikings in series history. But I don’t think it’s far from 500
Packers lead the series 63-54-3
Foreman44
Transition Player

Post by Foreman44 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:00 pm
Foreman44 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:52 pm Thanks packerbacker.... I said many times when it comes to the packers and Vikings. Throw the records out the window. Normally a battle. I believe you are ahead of the Vikings in series history. But I don’t think it’s far from 500
Packers lead the series 63-54-3
Thanks RM... I was going to check that... they pulled a little ahead the past couple of years, must have been longer than I thought since I last heard. Time to catch up.