Fire everyone and start all over please

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Fire everyone and start all over please

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:27 am

I agree the Jets schedule is much more difficult and I don't see a win there. Weird things happen though. The Miami game might be winnable for the Jets with Tua getting the start, same with Chargers and their rookie QB.

The Vikings have come close to winning a couple of games against good teams, but watching both those games, it didn't seem like either of those teams were playing particularly well and may have been looking past us. Maybe that happens to the Jets a few times and they actually pull out a win or two?

We have no shot at beating the Bears btw. Their offense isn't great but succeeds against bad defenses like ours, and that defense is better than the one that just owned us twice last year.
Nobody wants to hear this, but I'm gonna say it.

The Minnesota Vikings are one more bad loss from the 2020 season turning into Titanic 2.0.

And sure enough, the first game after the bye is at Lambeau.

I don't care about talent. If Zimmer loses this locker room — assuming he hasn't already — the Jets could probably beat the Vikings.
Again, we’re all disgruntled about what’s going on, but no, the Vikings have zero shot of having a worse record than the jets, literally zero. I feel like this is just overreaction at this point. The jets don’t have a game on their schedule they can win, they don’t have a successful player on their team and Adam Gase is their head coach. No less the Vikings already have a win up on the jets. And I can literally bet any amount of money that the Vikings will at worst win a couple more games. Which mean in turn, the jets would have to win about 3-4 games for us to fall before them in the pecking order.

If I’ve said it 10 times, make this 11. It’s NOT going to happen. The jets have zero talent, the worst head coach in the nfl and one of the leagues toughest remaining schedule
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Cliff wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:27 pm Seems like they're going to wipe the slate clean as far as players go but let Zimmer and Rick get another shot at rebuilding the team and apparently around Cousins.

I don't think they'll survive another start like this in 2021 but I do think we'll see Zimmer and Rick back next year.
I hope not. I can't handle another season with Cousins. Wouldn't unloading Yannick and others show that they're getting ready to absorb letting Cousins go ?

Vikings Listening to Trade Talks About Kyle Rudolph, Pat Elflein, Tajae Sharpe
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

How bad do I want Trevor?
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Cliff wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:27 pm Seems like they're going to wipe the slate clean as far as players go but let Zimmer and Rick get another shot at rebuilding the team and apparently around Cousins.

I don't think they'll survive another start like this in 2021 but I do think we'll see Zimmer and Rick back next year.
That would be so disappointing. Those two completely botched this last offseason. They shouldn't get another. This isn't their 1st freaking year together. They have no clue who they really are. Which is step #1.
Last edited by makila on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:25 pm

I hope not. I can't handle another season with Cousins. Wouldn't unloading Yannick and others show that they're getting ready to absorb letting Cousins go ?

Who the heck would want those three?
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:14 pm

I was asking myself...which team is dumber than the Vikings?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:46 pm
I was asking myself...which team is dumber than the Vikings?
You know what, the Jets fans would rave about Elf after his rookie season and how they screwed up not drafting. Maybe this is their chance to make up for that.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm How bad do I want Trevor?
Trevor would do nothing if Vikings do not fix their offensive line
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm
Nobody wants to hear this, but I'm gonna say it.

The Minnesota Vikings are one more bad loss from the 2020 season turning into Titanic 2.0.

I don't care about talent. If Zimmer loses this locker room — assuming he hasn't already — the Jets could probably beat the Vikings.
Again, we’re all disgruntled about what’s going on, but no, the Vikings have zero shot of having a worse record than the jets, literally zero. I feel like this is just overreaction at this point. The jets don’t have a game on their schedule they can win, they don’t have a successful player on their team and Adam Gase is their head coach. No less the Vikings already have a win up on the jets. And I can literally bet any amount of money that the Vikings will at worst win a couple more games. Which mean in turn, the jets would have to win about 3-4 games for us to fall before them in the pecking order.

If I’ve said it 10 times, make this 11. It’s NOT going to happen. The jets have zero talent, the worst head coach in the nfl and one of the leagues toughest remaining schedule
You could say the same about the Falcons and Vikings still lost to them
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 pm

You could say the same about the Falcons and Vikings still lost to them
Again, not even close. Sure the falcons were 0-5 but they also have a good chunk of very good players. Especially on offense. No different than the Vikings. And theres still 10 weeks left.

I think you guys are missing the point, I don’t care about any other team, the jets have nobody, I’ll repeat, NOBODY. And the worst coach in the nfl. The falcons and the Vikings both have enough talent to string a few wins together. The falcons will win more games and so will the Vikings. The jets will be lucky to win ONE. I’m not sure why this is so hard to understand
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Lol seriously? That’s the 3 they are trying to trade? I am absolutely baffled of why they aren’t shopping Reiff all over the place. You drafted Cleveland as a future LT and that is indeed the position he’s always played. Instead we have him on the opposite side in a position he’s never played. Trade reiff, put Cleveland at LT, plug Elflein back in at RG. I’d rather Cleveland take his bumps and bruises at LT this year then to try him there next year or beyond that.

I would also say try and trade Harris but with zero safety depth idk if they will do that.

But reiff is an absolute no brainer. Especially to a contender that could use better OT play.

Rudy can’t separate from my grandmother and has a huge contract, Elflein just isn’t good enough to warrant a trade IMO and sharpe is non-existent and for whatever reason doesn’t play over Chad Beebe or Bisi Johnson
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Lol seriously? That’s the 3 they are trying to trade? I am absolutely baffled of why they aren’t shopping Reiff all over the place. You drafted Cleveland as a future LT and that is indeed the position he’s always played. Instead we have him on the opposite side in a position he’s never played. Trade reiff, put Cleveland at LT, plug Elflein back in at RG. I’d rather Cleveland take his bumps and bruises at LT this year then to try him there next year or beyond that.

I would also say try and trade Harris but with zero safety depth idk if they will do that.

But reiff is an absolute no brainer. Especially to a contender that could use better OT play.

Rudy can’t separate from my grandmother and has a huge contract, Elflein just isn’t good enough to warrant a trade IMO and sharpe is non-existent and for whatever reason doesn’t play over Chad Beebe or Bisi Johnson
Whether you believe Cleveland is a LT or not, and he might be, I don’t think the Vikings drafted him to be a LT.

Reiff does make sense in a trade since the Vikings were willing to start Hill or Oneil at LT if Reiff didn't agree to a pay cut so he is clearly not in their future, I just dont know what LT is in their future.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:11 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm How bad do I want Trevor?
Trevor would do nothing if Vikings do not fix their offensive line
That's what the rest of the draft is for.
We don't need Rb, WR, or Qb after this pick. Load up in the draft and in FA. Also let's stop the crap about no QB would excel with this oline. Kirk had excellent protection last week and still #### the bed. Good QBs affect Oline play. Bad QBs make them worst. Kirk is seen as a qb that is easily rattled and hence he get blitzed a lot. This makes it harder on the oline to pick up on these blitzes. Good QBs face more zones and their olines usually only face 4 rushers as defenses were afraid to send more. Mr Lawrence is going to excel here or elsewhere.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm Nobody wants to hear this, but I'm gonna say it.

I'm with you, Kapp. I don't know that we'll be able to out tank the Jets simply because Rick/Zim won't allow us to purposely lose, but a blowout loss next Sunday @ GB and we'll officially be in dumpster fire territory.

And it won't be because of injuries. Having Anthony Barr all season doesn't make us a 4-2 team. It'll be because the front office didn't build a competitive roster this season and Zim couldn't coach up the guys to be competitive.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:55 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:07 pm Nobody wants to hear this, but I'm gonna say it.

I'm with you, Kapp. I don't know that we'll be able to out tank the Jets simply because Rick/Zim won't allow us to purposely lose, but a blowout loss next Sunday @ GB and we'll officially be in dumpster fire territory.

And it won't be because of injuries. Having Anthony Barr all season doesn't make us a 4-2 team. It'll be because the front office didn't build a competitive roster this season and Zim couldn't coach up the guys to be competitive.
Hard to coach up backups and rookies to be competitive.