Hunter wants more money

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Hunter wants more money

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://thevikingage.com/2020/10/22/dan ... a-vikings/

Reportedly wants to be paid more than any other defensive end. So far they got him at a discount. Do they give him more than 27 million a year average which is what Bosa gets? Would you? Especially with the injury?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Hunter wants more money

Post by VikingLord »

This is what happens when you negotiate with terrorists. You send the signal that its profitable for them to commit more acts of terror.

The Vikings conceded to Cook's demands. Cook got paid, and other players notice. Younger players on rookie deals who take on the same risk of injuries that might cut short their profitable careers notice. Negotiating with Cook under those circumstances was a mistake from the perspective of the Vikings IMHO.

I would not negotiate with Hunter either. He has a deal. He can play and get paid or he can sit and get fined. If I thought I could get something for him in trade I'd look to trade him. Given his production so far and his age and the relative demand for pass rushing DEs around the league, he should fetch a decent haul of picks or a high pick. But no way do I reward more players who decide to have tantrums to extract more money from the team. Football is the ultimate team sport and there are few players who are truly essential to their team's overall success. Cook isn't and neither is Hunter.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:21 pm https://thevikingage.com/2020/10/22/dan ... a-vikings/

Reportedly wants to be paid more than any other defensive end. So far they got him at a discount. Do they give him more than 27 million a year average which is what Bosa gets? Would you? Especially with the injury?
Hell no! Trade Hunter
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingLord wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:59 pm This is what happens when you negotiate with terrorists. You send the signal that its profitable for them to commit more acts of terror.

The Vikings conceded to Cook's demands. Cook got paid, and other players notice. Younger players on rookie deals who take on the same risk of injuries that might cut short their profitable careers notice. Negotiating with Cook under those circumstances was a mistake from the perspective of the Vikings IMHO.

I would not negotiate with Hunter either. He has a deal. He can play and get paid or he can sit and get fined. If I thought I could get something for him in trade I'd look to trade him. Given his production so far and his age and the relative demand for pass rushing DEs around the league, he should fetch a decent haul of picks or a high pick. But no way do I reward more players who decide to have tantrums to extract more money from the team. Football is the ultimate team sport and there are few players who are truly essential to their team's overall success. Cook isn't and neither is Hunter.
That looks to be one thing the Redskins got right with Kirk. However, Hunter is your best player if healthy probably on the entire team. I'd up his pay but not to what he wants. You have to meet in the middle. I'd also want to be sure this neck issue won't linger from the medical staff.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

I dont understand the context of the tweet. I don't think Hunter has asked for more money. It is almost like Rapp didn't know he was under contract till 2022. I think it is simply combining two tweets into one when it should have been 1 tweet. It makes no sense in its present form and no one else is reporting this news.