Fire everyone and start all over please

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Fire everyone and start all over please

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings got embarrassed to the winless Falcons at home which is similar getting embarrassed to the Bills at home 2 years ago which is pathetic! Wilf need to fire Speilman, Zimmer, and the entire coaching staff and start all over!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Fire everyone and start all over please

Post by Mothman »

Agreed but they've needed to do that for a while now.

I hope the Vikes come out of the bye week, go 0-3 and continue this trash heap of a season with 3 straight losses against division opponents. This season needs to be the kind of train wreck that results in a complete overhaul.

2020 presented a perfect opportunity for the Wilfs to make significant changes to the team and instead they doubled down on Spielman, Zimmer, Cousins and irrelevance.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 pm Vikings got embarrassed to the winless Falcons at home which is similar getting embarrassed to the Bills at home 2 years ago which is pathetic! Wilf need to fire Speilman, Zimmer, and the entire coaching staff and start all over!
Don’t throw Andre Patterson shade like that man, c’mon.

I do agree with this tho, who would replace Rick Spielman as GM?
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Mothman wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:20 pm Agreed but they've needed to do that for a while now.

I hope the Vikes come out of the bye week, go 0-3 and continue this trash heap of a season with 3 straight losses against division opponents. This season needs to be the kind of train wreck that results in a complete overhaul.

2020 presented a perfect opportunity for the Wilfs to make significant changes to the team and instead they doubled down on Spielman, Zimmer, Cousins and irrelevance.
So true....
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 pm Vikings got embarrassed to the winless Falcons at home which is similar getting embarrassed to the Bills at home 2 years ago which is pathetic! Wilf need to fire Speilman, Zimmer, and the entire coaching staff and start all over!
I’m guessing if Zim is fired Spielman is too but I think it’s stupid to fire Spielman.

Spielman has brought in the talent. It’s zims job to coach them.

Justin Jefferson has 537 yards in practically 4 games. He might be top 5 by the end of the week. Yet Zim was hardly playing him the first two weeks.

Ezra Cleveland played decent. Much better than Samia IMO. Yet he just saw the field for the first time week 6. When you continued to start not only the worst guard in football but the worst overall player in the nfl according to PFF.

He is playing gladney and dantzler by default. Hell Harrison hand even looked good today and also just saw the field this week.

James lynch played in the final two minutes of this game. Our DTs prior to this game, have played 568 snaps (Johnson, Stephen, Mata’afa and watts) and they have ZERO sacks. James lynch played for 9 snaps last week and gets a sack against Wilson no less. And none of those DTs got a sack today so that stat is even more alarming now. But let’s continue to keep James lynch on the bench.

....Spielman is bringing the talent in. Zim is drastically failing to use it. I think Spielman is a good GM. I’ve always like Zim but he is just way too set in his ways, way too old school, doesn’t adapt with the times, fails to put his best players in the game, way too conservative, etc.

I’m just done with Zim. I love the guy but I’m sick of watching this. I’m sick of watching well below average players consistently play over players screaming with potential
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:29 pmI’m guessing if Zim is fired Spielman is too but I think it’s stupid to fire Spielman.

Spielman's brought mediocrity and irrelevance.

A GM's job is to build a champion, not to simply have some good drafts. Spielman has failed again and again (and again) to solve the team's QB issues, OL issues, etc. After decades in the NFL he still doesn't seem to grasp the importance of the guard position, depsite the fact that it's a glaring problem on his own damn roster every year! He's the Vikes biggest problem and it's not even close.

He clearly doesn't know how to build a champion. That's been obvious for a long time. Sticking with him is simply asking for more of the same futility we've seen from this team for the past 13+ years. He's had ample opportunity to prove he can build a Super Bowl team. It's time to move on.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

To be fair, Zimmer is not the one throwing ints out there.

Having a good qb can make a coach look like a genius. Look at the Pats now.

I'd be happy with a QB change first but I'm fine with cleaning house just as long as it includes Cousins.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

Zimmer has to go. It's time. I dont think anyone is defending him anymore. Most acknowledge he is a good guy, the game is moving on and he has had long enough for HC chance here. I think Spielman should go as well personally. Yes, he has brought in some talent. I'll give that. I think the organization needs an entire reset though. I question if anything really changes with him here. And as much talent as he has brought in he has some serious problems though at areas. Oline has been an issue his entire tenure. Something must change in how they evaluate and use resources when drafting lineman. Many of them are out of the league within a few years. I looked through all his drafts and oline specifically a year ago. He misses more often than not. He doesnt move up when he has resources to get more ready now prospects at line either.

I think as long as Spielman is here those same issues will exist. They all need to go.
RhodesFan29
Waterboy

Post by RhodesFan29 »

I don't put it all on the GM. They hire people that are supposed to get the most out of players. He isn't a talent scouting genius. That's what the HCs and scouts are for.

Whoever the O line coach is needs to be gone yesterday.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

A funny from Reddit:

"Since Cousins is a man of God, he should give back most of his contract because he's stealing from the Vikings."

LOL. BTW - anyone think Cousins would be a better QB if he wasn't so "man of God" - like, cmon, get angry, swear, yell, throw some #### on the sidelines - don't just save all your passion for the book - give some of it to football!

I think Kirk would be better with a different head coach. Zimmer should go first, then Kirk if there's not immediate improvement.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

If we're looking at a Kirk replacement mid-season instead of firing Zim, I'd look at Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, and even Kaep. Guys who can make plays with their legs more than their arm.

Or see if we can do a trade of Kirk for Carson Wentz.
Last edited by TSonn on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

People say things like, "The game has passed Zimmer by and he's been with Minnesota for too long without real results, Super Bowl appearance and Super Bowl win results. He's a nice person but we should move on." That goes all the more for Spielman, with the team since 2006, General Manager since 2012. Spielman doesn't know how to pick QB and offensive line players and get the personnel in place to develop them in 2020. Talk about the game passing somebody by!

2020 was the perfect year for the Wilfs to say, "Fellas, we're going to wait and see on these contract extensions. Sing for your supper this year and you'll get paid on your play." THEY ALL GOT !@#$ING CONTRACT EXTENSIONS! THIS TEAM IS GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN!

:wallbang:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Spielman is the first that needs to be fired. He’s responsible for the $41M in dead cap we’ll have over the next two years. And that’s the best outcome!

Worse, we don’t even have the opportunity to try and go with anyone else because Rick never drafts contingencies at the QB position.

Cleveland played poorly today. He was beat up the middle on multiple plays. Being slightly better than Samia is not the same as an upgrade. Samia, Elflein, Beavers, and Clemmings. That’s 4 mid-round busts. Bradbury isn’t looking like a 1st round pick and Cleveland’s preliminary outing isn’t inspiring much confidence. You quite literally can’t do much worse as a GM.

Jefferson is looking like a good pick but not exactly a hard one. How many people here had Jefferson in their mock? At least a few, it’s not like he found some amazing diamond in the rough. This years WR draft class is looking pretty incredible, it was almost harder to make a bad pick. A GM makes his money assembling a TEAM. Not just hitting on a few draft picks. Nothing will change until Rick is gone.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:54 pm To be fair, Zimmer is not the one throwing ints out there.

Having a good qb can make a coach look like a genius. Look at the Pats now.

I'd be happy with a QB change first but I'm fine with cleaning house just as long as it includes Cousins.
Zimmer is the head coach and his responsibility is to motivate and prepare the team and he has failed to do that over and over, he has to go
Last edited by RandyMoss84 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:29 pm
I’m guessing if Zim is fired Spielman is too but I think it’s stupid to fire Spielman.

Justin Jefferson has 537 yards in practically 4 games. He might be top 5 by the end of the week. Yet Zim was hardly playing him the first two weeks.

Ezra Cleveland played decent. Much better than Samia IMO. Yet he just saw the field for the first time week 6. When you continued to start not only the worst guard in football but the worst overall player in the nfl according to PFF.

He is playing gladney and dantzler by default. Hell Harrison hand even looked good today and also just saw the field this week.

James lynch played in the final two minutes of this game. Our DTs prior to this game, have played 568 snaps (Johnson, Stephen, Mata’afa and watts) and they have ZERO sacks. James lynch played for 9 snaps last week and gets a sack against Wilson no less. And none of those DTs got a sack today so that stat is even more alarming now. But let’s continue to keep James lynch on the bench.

....Spielman is bringing the talent in. Zim is drastically failing to use it. I think Spielman is a good GM. I’ve always like Zim but he is just way too set in his ways, way too old school, doesn’t adapt with the times, fails to put his best players in the game, way too conservative, etc.

I’m just done with Zim. I love the guy but I’m sick of watching this. I’m sick of watching well below average players consistently play over players screaming with potential
Spielman has been with the team for 13 years and he has bought in talent but no championship so it is time to move on from Spielman