Cook is out on Sunday

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Cook is out on Sunday

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Vikings should have never gave him the extension
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Cook is out on Sunday

Post by VikingLord »

It's probably too early to say if he should have gotten the extension, but for a shifty runner like Cook, a groin injury can effectively end a season if it's not allowed to fully heal.

I'd almost rather he pulled a hammy or even sprained an ankle than injured his groin.

This is also the second time Cook has gone down with an injury significant enough to take him out of multiple games when he was untouched. His knee went out on him first, and now his groin. Its pretty rare to see significant non-contact injuries like that, and two to the same player in less than 4 years is not a good sign.

Hopefully it is not severe.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think it's a smart move to let him heal 2 weeks and hopefully come back at full strength. I'm ok with him getting the extension still because when he's healthy he's arguably the best player on the team and for sure the best on offense. I also think if he continues to suffer injuries they can get out of the deal in a year or two.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Besides, we gotta save him for the playoffs. :banana:
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 pm Besides, we gotta save him for the playoffs. :banana:
Vikings are not making the playoffs since Zimmer misses the playoffs every other year
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 pm Besides, we gotta save him for the playoffs. :banana:
Vikings are not making the playoffs since Zimmer misses the playoffs every other year
I know I was joking lol. :flamed: I will say the optimist in me still thinks they can win 10 this year.
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm

I know I was joking lol. :flamed: I will say the optimist in me still thinks they can win 10 this year.
I will be surprised if they do, young and inexperienced defense, Pierce and Hunter out and a bad offensive line is pretty tough to get 10 wins
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:06 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 pm

I will be surprised if they do, young and inexperienced defense, Pierce and Hunter out and a bad offensive line is pretty tough to get 10 wins
Yeah me too but the schedule does get weaker from here on out and if the secondary improves along with the guard play... probably not but who knows?
mael·strom

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:29 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Yeah me too but the schedule does get weaker from here on out and if the secondary improves along with the guard play... probably not but who knows?
Yeah, we will see!