Vikings Vs Seahawks: The Good, the Bad, The Ugly.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Vikings Vs Seahawks: The Good, the Bad, The Ugly.

Post by YikesVikes »

Good: Run game looked intact all night long. Kirk bounced back from two bad turnovers and looked ok the rest of the night. Kendricks played well. Smith shook off the bust label. At was being AT.

Bad: The two turnover came and horrible times. It's not just that Cousin turns the ball over but it is where and when. Samia makes me want Pat back and question why I question the FOs starting the right guys. Alexander not bouncing it outside on the short yardage run (although I understand). Refs not doing their job.

Ugly: How the offense looked for those two drives without Cook. If he gone for an extended time, we are in a bit of trouble.
phantom
Backup

Re: Vikings Vs Seahawks: The Good, the Bad, The Ugly.

Post by phantom »

Bad

Cousin is a bust. The majority of the he buckles under pressure in the close games. He's a pretender not a contender
The Northern Goshawk "phantom of the forest"
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Not good, bad, or ugly, just the norm. Add this game to the long list of choke jobs (the 98 Championship was the worst imho). :wallbang:
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

phantom wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:17 am Bad

Cousin is a bust. The majority of the he buckles under pressure in the close games. He's a pretender not a contender
Yea, he’s awful all right. #1or2 rated qb in the NFL last year with a clean pocket. Having said that what do Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees and Cousins all have in common. They are not mobile qb’s. They are pocket passers. The difference is Cousins has never had a good offensive line in his career. Those organizations made drafting or trading for really good talent a priority. I will admit the offensive line played better last night with the exception of Samia. He is beyond awful. Cousins has had his moments but he picked the team off the floor last night to put them in a position to win. The vast majority of the board thinks he did a good job last night. He did and took a beating. He’s been durable, has a lot of heart and his teammates respect him.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Cousins put the Vikings in a position to win last night but Zimmer’s stupidity costed Vikings the game
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Cousins put the Vikings in a position to win last night but Zimmer’s stupidity costed Vikings the game
Cousins did? Did he throw once on that last drive?
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Are we forgetting it was his awful throw that caused the Int.
Listen, I like Cousins the person, mostly. However, he will never be a Superbowl winning QB. He is a good QB but something always seems to happen to keep him from being great. It also happens at the worst time.
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Players win or loose games not coaches
phantom
Backup

Post by phantom »

Frozen Rope wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Yea, he’s awful all right. #1or2 rated qb in the NFL last year with a clean pocket. Having said that what do Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees and Cousins all have in common. They are not mobile qb’s. They are pocket passers. The difference is Cousins has never had a good offensive line in his career. Those organizations made drafting or trading for really good talent a priority. I will admit the offensive line played better last night with the exception of Samia. He is beyond awful. Cousins has had his moments but he picked the team off the floor last night to put them in a position to win. The vast majority of the board thinks he did a good job last night. He did and took a beating. He’s been durable, has a lot of heart and his teammates respect him.
Yeah right I have heard that BS long enough every quarterback needs all day to throw to be effective how cliche gave me all day and I'll pick them apart. Face it cousins was brought in to win the Super Bowl not to rebuild. Give the offense of Line Credit when they give pass protection. It's more about them not the quarterback. Three of those quarterbacks you mentioned have Super Bowl ring and can maneuver around a pocket much better than cousin can. You don't take over a 13 and 3 team and dump like this. You can have him and I'd rather play against you.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I've eaten so much food to try to get over this loss. This one hit me different guys. :( :(
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Frozen Rope wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:04 pm

He was 6th from a clean pocket, and virtually all QBs play well when unpressured. The difference between the top QB and the 20th from a clean pocket is insignificant because just about every starting QB can make decent throws in that spot.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm I've eaten so much food to try to get over this loss. This one hit me different guys. :( :(
Why? If it was the NFC championship game then it would be hard to get over the loss
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm Are we forgetting it was his awful throw that caused the Int.
Listen, I like Cousins the person, mostly. However, he will never be a Superbowl winning QB. He is a good QB but something always seems to happen to keep him from being great. It also happens at the worst time.
That's where I'm at with him. I think he definitely can win a Super Bowl if everything was perfect around him but that's fantasyland. He's better than Dilfer but that was back when you could play defense. In today's NFL you have to outgun them. I can't see Kirk outplaying the elite QBs on the biggest stage. That's a problem. Especially with what he's getting paid.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:27 pm
Dmizzle0 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm I've eaten so much food to try to get over this loss. This one hit me different guys. :( :(
Why? If it was the NFC championship game then it would be hard to get over the loss
Very true it's a the game resulted in mix of emotions. I really wanted to beat SEA, Wilson is undefeated against us. I keep thinking about the great moments like the interception. Then the 4 and inches. Then that floater to Metcalf.

We made Russell look like a beast(I know he already is). But we were inches away from cooling him down.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Very true it's a the game resulted in mix of emotions. I really wanted to beat SEA, Wilson is undefeated against us. I keep thinking about the great moments like the interception. Then the 4 and inches. Then that floater to Metcalf.

We made Russell look like a beast(I know he already is). But we were inches away from cooling him down.
Look on the bright side, Vikings are finally playing Seahawks at home next year so Vikings have a good chance to snap Wilson’s winning streak against Vikings