Teddy Bridgewater

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Post by Dames »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:41 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Until the Vikings find a QB good enough, I don't see the problem with comparing.
Regardless, Teddy wasnt the answer either. Neither was Case. So like I said, they are old news
The issue is Teddy never really had the chance to prove it here, so it's not entirely fair to say that. Some people will never be satisfied because of how it ended. I had my mind made up about him a long time, but the way he has been playing lately (including last year), makes me wonder what might have been as well.... sometimes. Usually I just agree that he probably wasn't the answer either. Either way, he is an easy guy to root for. This section is the right place for this discussion.
Damian
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:41 am
808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:32 pm

Until the Vikings find a QB good enough, I don't see the problem with comparing.
Regardless, Teddy wasnt the answer either. Neither was Case. So like I said, they are old news
Then that is another black mark against Spielman and his ability to find a starting QB.

We are 3-1 with Teddy this year btw. I don't think he is capable of keeping up with the Packers, but the other 3 games were winnable with competent QB play. Something Teddy has done all season.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Teddy looks great. Feels bad, man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:41 am Teddy looks great. Feels bad, man.
Well he did takeover a team that was just a game away from the Super Bowl the prior year, so of course he was going to have success. Oh wait, Teddy took over a terrible team and has them thinking about making the playoffs.

What QB am I thinking of that took over a 13 win team?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Watched most of the CAR ATL game today. Boy do I miss a QB that just "gets it". Teddy's command in the huddle, his decisiveness, his calmness in the pocket, just the way he follows the play from behind just in case there's a fumble, and helps his teammates up is so refreshing to see. For him, it's not about the flashy plays. He just gets the job done, efficiently and effectively. 2 particular series come to mind.
1) 2nd and 4. ATL throws a blitz. TB recognizes this and immediately dumps the ball for a inc. 3rd and 4. Throws a perfect pass past the marker for a 1st down that the WR runs for a TD.

2)CAR up by one score and in FG range. Another 3rd down play. Pocket closes fast so TB decisively tucks and runs for 6 yds. Easy FG for a 2 score lead.

His stat line today.
27-37, 313 YDS, 2 TD
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:11 pm Watched most of the CAR ATL game today. Boy do I miss a QB that just "gets it". Teddy's command in the huddle, his decisiveness, his calmness in the pocket, just the way he follows the play from behind just in case there's a fumble, and helps his teammates up is so refreshing to see. For him, it's not about the flashy plays. He just gets the job done, efficiently and effectively. 2 particular series come to mind.
1) 2nd and 4. ATL throws a blitz. TB recognizes this and immediately dumps the ball for a inc. 3rd and 4. Throws a perfect pass past the marker for a 1st down that the WR runs for a TD.

2)CAR up by one score and in FG range. Another 3rd down play. Pocket closes fast so TB decisively tucks and runs for 6 yds. Easy FG for a 2 score lead.

His stat line today.
27-37, 313 YDS, 2 TD
He makes that beat up Carolina offensive line look good in same way Brees makes his lines look good every year. The young man picked up some good habits from Brees and should have a lengthy career, even if he never reaches that elite status.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:11 pm Watched most of the CAR ATL game today. Boy do I miss a QB that just "gets it". Teddy's command in the huddle, his decisiveness, his calmness in the pocket, just the way he follows the play from behind just in case there's a fumble, and helps his teammates up is so refreshing to see. For him, it's not about the flashy plays. He just gets the job done, efficiently and effectively. 2 particular series come to mind.

His stat line today.
27-37, 313 YDS, 2 TD
These are the sort of things most folks just cant see in the era of fantasy sports and highlight packages. What constitutes a good play isnt just 'touchdown?', its SITUATIONAL. A throw away incompletion might be a GREAT PLAY. Teddy has always gotten the nuances of the game and continues to improve his processing, accuracy, study habits, leadership, and understanding of NFL offense.

Minnesota fans mostly couldn't see what they had when they had it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

fiestavike wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 pm
Minnesota fans mostly couldn't see what they had when they had it.
What did they miss seeing today? Carolina/Chicago was one of the games I watched today. The 216 with 2 INT, 0 TD wasn't all that thrilling. Teddy can be a good QB but isn't great and won't take anyone anywhere. He could do it at as a game manager on a great team, but Teddy isn't carrying a team to victory.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I miss Teddy. I'll give Zim/Rick credit - he was the perfect QB to have with our defense from 2016-2018. Too bad his health and our window didn't line up. Well, we could've started him in 2018.