Danielle Hunter

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Danielle Hunter

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Didn't really want to start a new thread, but wasn't sure where to put it....

Any word on him yet this week?
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Danielle Hunter

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:00 pm Didn't really want to start a new thread, but wasn't sure where to put it....

Every thing I have read is that it is truly believed that we will be lucky if he is back at all this season. Pellisero reported that he has a herniated disk and his return seems improbable.
Not the news I wanted to have to share with you. Talk about a crappy season, and that is being VERY nice.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Damn...that's definitely bad news.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:40 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:00 pm Didn't really want to start a new thread, but wasn't sure where to put it....

Every thing I have read is that it is truly believed that we will be lucky if he is back at all this season. Pellisero reported that he has a herniated disk and his return seems improbable.
Not the news I wanted to have to share with you. Talk about a crappy season, and that is being VERY nice.
Put him on injured reserve for the rest of the season to heal his herniated disc, the season is a lost cause anyway
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

A lost cause indeed. :(
Tene Quod Bene
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Well, as much as this season looks like it will suck, if the young guys on D improve, and with a top 10 pick, getting Hunter and Pierce back hss the makings of a rejuvenated team....Hopefully.

I'd hope they re-sign Ngakoue too though.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Didn't Zimmer say Hunter's issue was minor and almost imply he didn't understand what was keeping him off the field? A herniated disk seems kind of non-minor.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:28 am Well, as much as this season looks like it will suck, if the young guys on D improve, and with a top 10 pick, getting Hunter and Pierce back hss the makings of a rejuvenated team....Hopefully.

He's a good pass rusher.

I'm not sold on him as a run defender.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

VikingLord wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 am
PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:28 am Well, as much as this season looks like it will suck, if the young guys on D improve, and with a top 10 pick, getting Hunter and Pierce back hss the makings of a rejuvenated team....Hopefully.

He's a good pass rusher.

Same, but not having a legitimate run stuffer a la Linval or Pierce makes it harder for everybody. What does stick out is his energy and effort. A Dline with more depth and he'll stand out even more, in my opinion.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:44 am
VikingLord wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 am

He's a good pass rusher.

Same, but not having a legitimate run stuffer a la Linval or Pierce makes it harder for everybody. What does stick out is his energy and effort. A Dline with more depth and he'll stand out even more, in my opinion.
Yeah, I LOVE his energy and agree with the right mix around him he could thrive.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

His personal trainer is recommending he sit out the year.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:50 pm His personal trainer is recommending he sit out the year.
I agree with his trainer
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

At this point I just hope and expect them to be extremely cautious with him. He has so much quality football left in him if he can come back from this 100%. In a season that at this point looks like it will be a long shot to make the playoffs I don't see the need to put his future at risk.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingLord wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:39 am

Didn't Zimmer say Hunter's issue was minor and almost imply he didn't understand what was keeping him off the field? A herniated disk seems kind of non-minor.
Wait ... Zimmer lied about an injury?

Whoa. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.