Vikings vs. Texans: Good, Bad, and Ugly

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings vs. Texans: Good, Bad, and Ugly

Post by VikingLord »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:48 am

If he keeps up the pace, he'll win more than just NFC ROY. He'll be the NFL's rookie of the year. Burrow and Herbert look good but they also need to win some games. If that doesnt happen I think Jefferson has a shot.
CeeDee Lamb has more receptions and TDs. JJ has more yards (averaging 21.8 YPC!!!).

Lamb also plays for an offense that is averaging 420 passing yards per game, mainly because Dallas' defense is historically bad. That means he might get more chances than JJ.

I'd still rather have JJ, now that I've seen what he can do. Plus, that dance ... sweetest I've seen in years in the NFL.
Jefferson has surprised me a bit with his dynamism after the catch and his confidence to contest tough catches. Most of the college highlights I saw of him showed him running crisp routes and getting good separation. While he's doing that for the Vikings as well, he's getting chances to make much more difficult catches and I love what I'm seeing so far.

As for Lamb, he's pretty much what his highlight reels in college showed (which is an amazing talent).

We'll see where both of them are in another 3 years when they are playing out their rookie deals, but so far both look like they're going to have long, productive careers as pros.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Another positive: Bill O'Brian got fired. He was pretty much the entire cause of Houston's woes.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:18 pm Another positive: Bill O'Brian got fired. He was pretty much the entire cause of Houston's woes.
Positive for Texans fans, negative for everyone else
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:18 pm Another positive: Bill O'Brian got fired. He was pretty much the entire cause of Houston's woes.
Wow. That's a bit of a shocker. They just made him full GM not that long agp.

I suppose he made his bed with the DeAndre Hopkins deal. A total stinker. Plus he dealt away Jadeveon Clowney and traded two first-rounders and a second for Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills. I don't see how anybody could call any of those deals winners for Houston. You make all those controversial deals and lose ... you get fired.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 pm

I suppose he made his bed with the DeAndre Hopkins deal. A total stinker. Plus he dealt away Jadeveon Clowney and traded two first-rounders and a second for Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills. I don't see how anybody could call any of those deals winners for Houston. You make all those controversial deals and lose ... you get fired.
The guy has destroyed that franchise. It almost seems intentional with the terrible moves he has made.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:40 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 pm
CeeDee Lamb has more receptions and TDs. JJ has more yards (averaging 21.8 YPC!!!).

Lamb also plays for an offense that is averaging 420 passing yards per game, mainly because Dallas' defense is historically bad. That means he might get more chances than JJ.

I'd still rather have JJ, now that I've seen what he can do. Plus, that dance ... sweetest I've seen in years in the NFL.
Jefferson has surprised me a bit with his dynamism after the catch and his confidence to contest tough catches. Most of the college highlights I saw of him showed him running crisp routes and getting good separation. While he's doing that for the Vikings as well, he's getting chances to make much more difficult catches and I love what I'm seeing so far.

As for Lamb, he's pretty much what his highlight reels in college showed (which is an amazing talent).

We'll see where both of them are in another 3 years when they are playing out their rookie deals, but so far both look like they're going to have long, productive careers as pros.
Jefferson and Lamb will have to stay healthy to have long productive careers
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's a pretty crowded field with Herbert, Burrow, Lamb, heck even Aiyuk could be in the mix if he continues to improve. I'm just glad JJ is looking like a good compliment to Thielen.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Fran the Man wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:31 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Not sure if it was because you were busy or just couldn’t find a stream, if the latter, let me know I have a site I found that’s worked pretty well in finding games. Anyone else too, after Reddit NFL streams got taken down I had some issues week 1.

If you were just shooing kids off your lawn, I can’t help :tongue:
S197, I tried to PM you but it said i didn't have "enough characters" to send message. NO idea what that meant but would like a link to the site you were talking about.
Hmm there might be a minimum amount of words you need to have in a PM. Cliff probably can confirm.

Anyway, 808vikingsfan beat me to it, the link is in the hidden section. I usually go with the first link. Quality is good but like most streams, you're going to be about 2 plays behind live TV. I'd recommend you use a browser that blocks pop-ups and trackers as well. I use Firefox w/ privacy badger, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, and Ghostery add-ons.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:47 pm
Positive for Texans fans, negative for everyone else
True. But it seems, it seems that the damage has already been done.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

S197 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:46 pm
Fran the Man wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:31 pm S197, I tried to PM you but it said i didn't have "enough characters" to send message. NO idea what that meant but would like a link to the site you were talking about.
Hmm there might be a minimum amount of words you need to have in a PM. Cliff probably can confirm.

Anyway, 808vikingsfan beat me to it, the link is in the hidden section. I usually go with the first link. Quality is good but like most streams, you're going to be about 2 plays behind live TV. I'd recommend you use a browser that blocks pop-ups and trackers as well. I use Firefox w/ privacy badger, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, and Ghostery add-ons.
Thanks, appreciate the info.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 pm

The guy has destroyed that franchise. It almost seems intentional with the terrible moves he has made.
Agreed. Why they gave that man THAT much power is beyond me. I always referred to him as a Belichick wanna-be.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So glad we extended Dalvin before the season now. He is the engine for this offense as long as Kubiak is here. Really happy to see Kirk and JJ developing chemistry. That back shoulder throw and especially catch were elite. I'm just wondering when , if ever, we will see Irv Smith start to get his number called?

Defensively it was nice to see some improvement from the secondary. Kendricks continues to be unreal in hos coverage ability. I personally thought it was a bad call on Smith. The WR came down and lowered his head which put him on trajectory to go helmet to helmet. It all happens so fast and I don't believe Harry is a dirty player. At some point defenses won't be able to tackle at all. They will be taught to grab the shoelaces and hope they're tied well. :lol:

Anyways, great to get a win. Hopefully they can keep it rolling in Seattle. I think it will take about 50 points from the offense though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 pm It's a pretty crowded field with Herbert, Burrow, Lamb, heck even Aiyuk could be in the mix if he continues to improve. I'm just glad JJ is looking like a good compliment to Thielen.
Just read that JJ is currently PFF’s top-rated receiver ... in the entire NFL.

At this point, he’s got to be the early favorite for offensive. ROY.

By the way, AT is PFF’s second-rated receiver.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:51 pm
S197 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:42 pm It's a pretty crowded field with Herbert, Burrow, Lamb, heck even Aiyuk could be in the mix if he continues to improve. I'm just glad JJ is looking like a good compliment to Thielen.
Just read that JJ is currently PFF’s top-rated receiver ... in the entire NFL.

At this point, he’s got to be the early favorite for offensive. ROY.

By the way, AT is PFF’s second-rated receiver.
I don't see a WR winning it this season when you have Burrow lighting it up and then Herbert playing great so far as well. Usually this type of thing is a QBs to lose.