Imagine the possibility (Mr. Lawrence)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Imagine the possibility (Mr. Lawrence)

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:36 pm
VikingLord wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:12 pm I've never been very good at predictions, but in looking at the overall talent of the team and the fact that while I think the interior OL issues are intractable and will hamstring the offense the rest of the year, the defense is likely to settle down and improve over the year. While the offense has shown no consistency, they have moved the ball well at times and I think do possess a lot of talent at the skill positions.
If ever a photo proved your point about the interior OL, it's this one.

This was the play we got the lucky ticky-tack roughing the passer call. It's a 3-man rush. That's Bradbury on his butt, with Dozier and Samia standing there doing absolutely nothing. I mean, the nose tackle lined up right over Bradbury. What the hell are Dozier and Samia doing? Why aren't they doubling the nose?

Pathetic.

We've got a skittish quarterback and ... this ... for an interior line. We've got a banged up defense with a lot of rookies and depth players on the field. We've got a coach who plays not to lose. It's a dumpster fire. I'd love 13 more entertaining games like the last one ... and if they turn into 13 more losses, oh well. Maybe then Spielman and Zimmer will be gone, and we'll finally get a franchise QB.
Bradbury was buried like that last year also. He needs to hit the weight room. Maybe he's maxed out and that wont help. Any QB will be skittish when your center and both guards can't pass block. This is all part of the rebuild of course. But Bradberry who was rated as the best center in the draft needs to hit the pine. He'll end someone else's career sooner or later. He needs to get an anchor before he hits the field again. That will take a few years but other players need to be protected to some extent. That's why I like drafting bigger guys. At least they won't be pushed on their back.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:36 pm
If ever a photo proved your point about the interior OL, it's this one.

This was the play we got the lucky ticky-tack roughing the passer call. It's a 3-man rush. That's Bradbury on his butt, with Dozier and Samia standing there doing absolutely nothing. I mean, the nose tackle lined up right over Bradbury. What the hell are Dozier and Samia doing? Why aren't they doubling the nose?

Pathetic.

We've got a skittish quarterback and ... this ... for an interior line. We've got a banged up defense with a lot of rookies and depth players on the field. We've got a coach who plays not to lose. It's a dumpster fire. I'd love 13 more entertaining games like the last one ... and if they turn into 13 more losses, oh well. Maybe then Spielman and Zimmer will be gone, and we'll finally get a franchise QB.
Bradbury was buried like that last year also. He needs to hit the weight room. Maybe he's maxed out and that wont help. Any QB will be skittish when your center and both guards can't pass block. This is all part of the rebuild of course. But Bradberry who was rated as the best center in the draft needs to hit the pine. He'll end someone else's career sooner or later. He needs to get an anchor before he hits the field again. That will take a few years but other players need to be protected to some extent. That's why I like drafting bigger guys. At least they won't be pushed on their back.
Tony Mandarich says hello.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am
Mandarich was the offensive version of Bosworth. Both were roided up media darlings. I give them credit they made a bunch of money with the hype. Bradbury's biggest fault coming out was that he needed size. He still needs it. He can't hold the point. I watched this game along time and I haven't seen too many centers on their back. He made no improvement from last year. I pin it on him but it could be that he don't fit this zone scheme we run. Either way he needs to sit and develop a base before getting out there again.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am
Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:56 am

Mandarich was the offensive version of Bosworth. Both were roided up media darlings. I give them credit they made a bunch of money with the hype. Bradbury's biggest fault coming out was that he needed size. He still needs it. He can't hold the point. I watched this game along time and I haven't seen too many centers on their back. He made no improvement from last year. I pin it on him but it could be that he don't fit this zone scheme we run. Either way he needs to sit and develop a base before getting out there again.
I feel like you forget that Bosworth was actually pretty good. Sure, he was overly hyped, but he was a pretty solid player for a number of years.

At least before he was forced to retire.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:36 am
I feel like you forget that Bosworth was actually pretty good. Sure, he was overly hyped, but he was a pretty solid player for a number of years.
Ask Bo what he thinks. I gave the Boz credit he made some coin and that's what it's all about in the long run.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

CharVike wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:39 am
Rhodes Closed wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 am

Ask Bo what he thinks. I gave the Boz credit he made some coin and that's what it's all about in the long run.
Ah yes, referencing the one play where a decent linebacker went up against one of the most explosive running backs of all time one on one and got beat. Congrats, you've totally smashed my argument. I have no pithy comebacks to this, I guess I'll just leave the site in despair and embarrassment now.